4.0 out of 5 stars Don't lose the new waterproof camera
Published on December 7, 2011 by Roxiecub

1.0 out of 5 stars Vivitar Floating Strap for Underwater Cameras
This strap did not hold the camera up...it sunk. Good thing we tried it in the pool instead of the ocean. Definate "Do Not Buy"!!
Published on June 13, 2011 by Christy

1.0 out of 5 stars Vivitar Floating Strap for Underwater Cameras, June 13, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big for normal use., October 10, 2012
Jeff G (Dade City, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
I had a similar strap for a different camera, and decided to buy this one due to price, for my new camera. First thing I noticed was it didn't tighten on my wrist. When the strap is as tight as you can get it, it's about 3x bigger than any normal humans wrist. If it wasn't meant as a wrist strap, why bother having the floating portion looped?

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
We bought this strap when we bought a Coolpix underwater camera. It floats but the thin strap connected to the camera broke from the black connector. The strap floated but the camera sank to the bottom of the lake. Very flimsy compared to the other straps we have used. I liked the blue because it matched the blue camera I had. Very upset to have lost my camera after 4 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't lose the new waterproof camera, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
I purchased this so that my new waterproof camera wouldn't sink and it works fabulously. Unfortunately it is like a life jacket for your device so it contains what appears to be the same material that stays wet forever after you've left the water. In other words, don't expect to keep it on your camera after you're out of the water on your next adventure, keep a backup strap for that or you'll have a wet wrist.

2.0 out of 5 stars It does not adjust to put on your wrist., April 7, 2014
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
Will it float ? yes, but then its all down hill. There is no way of putting this on your wrist. The opening is just too big. they could have place the foam closer together so you could tighten it. I bought this for a waterproof camera to take on a snorkeling trip but I will have to hold the camera the whole time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Floats good, loose around wrist, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
Strap floated very well, but strap had limited adjustment so was very loose around my wrist. Never felt like I was going to loose my camera, but would have liked to have the strap fit a bit snugger especially when using hands to swim.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
This was cheap and works well. It keeps my camera from sinking, just in case. I like it very much.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a wrist strap, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
It may float but where are you supposed to wear it? I bought this with the idea that it would cinch onto my wrist to use a the beach so if my waterproof camera got away from me it would not sink and be lost. The strap is too big for the wrist and has no way to cinch down to fit. It is too small to wear around the neck so useless that way. Very disappointed with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetically Flimsy Coupling - Guaranteed to Loose Your camera, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
I never got it wet. The first time I used the detachable coupling, it broke. It is made in an extremely flimsy way with easily bendable tines on the outside of the coupling, the opposite of most couplings. One bent inside while inserting the part that goes to the camera and broke off. It should never have done that. The other could be easily bent out of the way so it is not holding anything using a toothpick. Once bent, it stays that way. Try bending it back and it breaks off. A toothpick is considerably stronger than any plastic part on this strap.

If you value your camera, DO NOT BUY THIS STRAP. It is an example of a big manufacturer putting their name on exceedingly cheap and poorly made junk. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Vivitar Floating Foam Camera Strap (Blue) (Electronics)
I did not test the floating capabilities of this strap, but did notice that the strap is very big. It was way to big for my wrist. I put it around my upper arm on the tightest and it was still loose.

Rate and Discover Movies