Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vivitar VIV-FLT-STP-BLU Floating Foam Strap (Blue)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 10, 2012
I had a similar strap for a different camera, and decided to buy this one due to price, for my new camera. First thing I noticed was it didn't tighten on my wrist. When the strap is as tight as you can get it, it's about 3x bigger than any normal humans wrist. If it wasn't meant as a wrist strap, why bother having the floating portion looped?
on July 1, 2013
I never got it wet. The first time I used the detachable coupling, it broke. It is made in an extremely flimsy way with easily bendable tines on the outside of the coupling, the opposite of most couplings. One bent inside while inserting the part that goes to the camera and broke off. It should never have done that. The other could be easily bent out of the way so it is not holding anything using a toothpick. Once bent, it stays that way. Try bending it back and it breaks off. A toothpick is considerably stronger than any plastic part on this strap.

If you value your camera, DO NOT BUY THIS STRAP. It is an example of a big manufacturer putting their name on exceedingly cheap and poorly made junk. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!
on July 8, 2013
It may float but where are you supposed to wear it? I bought this with the idea that it would cinch onto my wrist to use a the beach so if my waterproof camera got away from me it would not sink and be lost. The strap is too big for the wrist and has no way to cinch down to fit. It is too small to wear around the neck so useless that way. Very disappointed with it.
on May 16, 2013
The strap does it's job as far as keeping my underwater camera afloat. But the blue foamy strap is too long, and does not adjust to fit my arm or my husbands, unless we put it all the way up to his shoulder. Not helpful for snorkeling. He had to hold on to the strap the whole time, rather than being able to adjust the strap to fit the wrist, then have his hands free to swim when needed with camera close at hand.
on December 7, 2011
I purchased this so that my new waterproof camera wouldn't sink and it works fabulously. Unfortunately it is like a life jacket for your device so it contains what appears to be the same material that stays wet forever after you've left the water. In other words, don't expect to keep it on your camera after you're out of the water on your next adventure, keep a backup strap for that or you'll have a wet wrist.
on April 7, 2014
Will it float ? yes, but then its all down hill. There is no way of putting this on your wrist. The opening is just too big. they could have place the foam closer together so you could tighten it. I bought this for a waterproof camera to take on a snorkeling trip but I will have to hold the camera the whole time.
on August 25, 2012
We bought this strap when we bought a Coolpix underwater camera. It floats but the thin strap connected to the camera broke from the black connector. The strap floated but the camera sank to the bottom of the lake. Very flimsy compared to the other straps we have used. I liked the blue because it matched the blue camera I had. Very upset to have lost my camera after 4 months.
on June 13, 2011
This strap did not hold the camera up...it sunk. Good thing we tried it in the pool instead of the ocean. Definate "Do Not Buy"!!
on February 1, 2012
I haven't tested this strap out in water so I don't know how it floats. Other than that, it is big and awkward and I can't imagine actually using it as a camera strap. It's not like one that tightens down on your wrist either so it will fall off with any movement or action.
on April 6, 2014
Strap floated very well, but strap had limited adjustment so was very loose around my wrist. Never felt like I was going to loose my camera, but would have liked to have the strap fit a bit snugger especially when using hands to swim.

See 1 answered question