5.0 out of 5 stars Good Item For What I Paid for
The item came as described, and I read all the reviews other users gave beforehand just in case. Yes, if you have a big camera, this is probably not a good tripod to use. I have a smaller camera, it's not a point and shoot, but a heavier "small camera" and it still works fine for me. I haven't had stability issues
I have a Sony Cyber Shot DSC H20, and I get clear...
Published on June 22, 2011 by Darkshot107

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but does what it's supposed to.
For the price, I dare you to try and find a cheaper tripod. But this comes at another cost. Quality. This is obviously made very cheaply and I do not have the greatest confidence when placing a camera on it (luckily all I've used on it was a little Flip HD camera). I don't suggest putting larger cameras on this, but for the price, you can't beat it.
Published on August 17, 2010 by J. Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Item For What I Paid for, June 22, 2011
This review is from: Vivitar VPT1250 50-Inch Tripod (Black/Silver) (Electronics)
I have a Sony Cyber Shot DSC H20, and I get clear picture every time pretty much. Obviously, the less extension of the legs is proportional to a better chance at a perfectly still picture but, there really is no variance.
I recommend this camera tripod for the lighter non DSLRs
Material quality is okay, its lightweight (probably for portability purposes) and the feet are rubber. Works well for gripping on hardwood floors. This cost me well under what I would pay for a standard tripod, so for the money it's completely worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but does what it's supposed to., August 17, 2010
J. Torres (California, USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 17, 2011
This tripod is nice for a small (not heavy) camera. For amateurs, using it with a point and shoot camera in family meetings and others occasions where everyone wants to be in the picture is ok. (Got it for 7 dollars)

But if you have a SLR camera i wouldn't recommend this tripod.

PROS
Small and compact (folded)
Lightweight
Cheap (good for your pocket)

Cons
Flimsy
Cheap (bad for your camera =P)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Price, November 16, 2011
Considering the price of this camera stand, it is worth it. Yes, as others have mentioned the head doesn't move smoothly, but since I just use it for still shots with a digital camera, it isn't a problem. The camera stand is compact enough to fit in my backpack during a day of hiking and extends to decent length. This is the perfect stand for someone that is tired of propping their camera on books, rocks, tables or other items they can find! My classmate checked out a camera stand from my college (that wasn't even built as well as this one)and they charged him $150 when one of the legs broke. With this one costing about $9, you won't be out much if you damage it!

3.0 out of 5 stars works, August 26, 2012
Knowing that a tripod bends or breaks on my mountain climbs, this is a good deal and I am completely satisfied with it. This is my forth one and so far after alot of abuse I broke and then fixed only the first one I bought. Do not throw it and do not use force on its parts. The plastic components break. It bends easely and it is flimsy. Wind will topple it. It can't carry a heavy camera. It is no good for panning because it can's turn smoothly. The carrying bag also rips easely. It folds to a small size and is lightweight. This is my 4th one and I'm satisfied with it because it is a genuine tripod that does the job and for mountain climbers who don't want to carry a heavy tripod and who rather spend money on essentials than tripods, this is a great tripod.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough to try out, December 6, 2012
Don DeMaio (Sarasota FL USA) - See all my reviews
You'll especially want to buy this tripod if you're thinking of having your camera topple off the top and crashing to the ground. Really, it's just not worth even trying out because it's pretty flimsy, wobbly, doesn't pan correctly, etc. Better to just use your two hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tripod, May 3, 2013
I was looking for a reasonably priced tripod that was dependable and lightweight. The vivitar 50inch 1250 is everything I was looking for. Easy to handle and set up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst company, August 25, 2014
R.M. (California, USA) - See all my reviews
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I bought a tripod, and the little part at the top of it fell out. So I called several places, and they can't order a new one without a part number, so I called the company, and not only can they not tell me what the part number is, but they also "can't sell anything directly to the customer".

Worst customer service I have ever seen. Save yourself some time and do not purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't make it one day, March 6, 2013
I can only be mad at myself for buying the cheapest tripod available--only $10. Took it out for shots on a hiking trail and by the end of the first day the center column screw threads had become stripped just enough that making it tight and secure was impossible. It is cheaply made and lightweight. Forget about using this with a heavy camera or during windy conditions. Returned it the very next day, decided to replace it with a $20 tripod, and have been happy with the replacement ever since.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too cheap, August 4, 2012
I ordered this tripod to hold my camera. And it did. For two days. Then it broke.
The handle that controls the vertical swivel will break if it is firmly tightened, which was kind of expected, because it feels really cheeeep.

Vivitar VPT1250 50-Inch Tripod (Black/Silver)
$49.00 $15.39