5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures and excellent price.
Published on March 2, 2011 by Eric R. Gordon

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrible camera. I have never seen one this bad...
One of the positive reviewers says that they don't know why anyone would hate this camera... I find that funny because I can't understand how anyone could like this camera.

Published 16 months ago by P. Breakfield IV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures and excellent price., March 2, 2011
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X209 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera with 4x Digital Zoom and 2.4" Viewing Screen - Strawberry finish (Electronics)
Don't know why anyone hates this camera. I find that it takes excellent pictures in the 10 megapixel mode. Haven't tried the video yet but I expect the same quality. The size is perfect for carrying around all the time. Battery life for the size is normal. Pictures save to memory card really quickly compared to other cameras I've tried. Great quality, ease of use, built in flash, great photo program included in package. USB cord connects to the computer and downloads the pictures effortlessly. I give this camera a full 5 star rating! Oh, and the price is excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrible camera. I have never seen one this bad..., May 5, 2013
P. Breakfield IV "Tom Steele" (Greenville, SC United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

First off, it takes terrible blurry picture. I am a photography enthusiast and take lots of different types of photos with my Canon 7D. I know my way around digital cameras. We also have a Canon Powershot S95 which is an excellent (but pricey) carry around camera.

My daughter has a toy camera that adds sparkles, fairy wings, balloons and more to her pictures, but it is very low resolution and is a kid camera. She wanted a grow up camera.

I figured at this price I would try the Vivitar X029.

What a disaster. Defaults are at 3mp and it is set to fine quality instead of super fine. Why would they do that?

Here are the deal,breakers though.

1. the auto white balance is terrible. You end up with pictures that have a strange orange tint to them unless you shoot outside in bright sunlight only.

2. The camera DEFAULTS to FLASH OFF. Not AUTO, but it turns the flash off. So every time you turn on the camera, you have to go into the settings and change it to AUTO FLASH.

Why would they do that? Why wouldn't they make AUTO use AUTO FLASH so that the camera would decide whether to use flash or not, based on the available lighting? It defies all logic...

This is a terrible, terrible camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never have been able to get it to work right, October 8, 2011
Denise Kuha (a far corner of the world) - See all my reviews
My mother bought this for herself two years ago. Neither she nor any of us, her adult children, have been able to get it to take a decent photo. It seems stuck on some weird zoom range and photos are always blurry. Based on other reviews I think the motherboards on a bunch of these must have been defective. We have all tried every thing we know, every time we come visit her, by experimenting with all the settings, but nothing has worked. Now of course the warranty has expired. This is a terrible, terrible, terrible camera. It is a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Auto-focus, worthless., December 28, 2012
NO AUTO FOCUS. Unless you have very good spacial awareness, or you just get lucky, all this camera is going to give you is blurry pictures. This is the only point and shoot I've ever seen without auto-focus. I thought I was crazy not being able to get it to work and then I actually called customer support and they told me "No, this camera does not have that feature". I've never heard of such a thing on a consumer point and shoot, especially one that cost as much as this. NOT worth the money. I just got it as a Christmas gift, and I'll be returning it as fast as I can. What a waste, but I'm not going to run around with my fingers crossed, hoping I'm the right distance from my subject that I'm going to get a clear shot. Worthless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Camera, October 26, 2012
I purchased this camera for my 8 year old neice for a birthday present. I went off the reviews saying it was great for kids. I should have read further. The picture quaility is dark and grainy at best. I even played around with the settings to see if I could lighten and clear the picture. It didnt help. I would suggest buying a different camera. Lucky for me I enough time to order a new one. If you are looking at this camera, take my word, pass on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Camera, April 12, 2012
I Bought this camera for my sister, it's her first camera and i wanted to buy something cheap because she is young and it was her first experience with a device like this, but i'm so disappointed on this one, it has poor picture quality, the user interface it's so mean and the flashlight it has to be set up manually. Also my 2 Mp cellphone take better pictures at night, i have to recommend don't buy this cheap and bad camera, expend a little more and bring home a better device

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, March 29, 2012
I had a similar experience with the other reviewer that said the pictures were always blurry and that it seemed to be stuck on some strange setting (even though I scrolled through all the settings menus). Also, a few of the photos appeared warped! Unless you like fun-house type photos don't bother with this camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment, February 6, 2012
Bought this camera just before Christmas 2011, mainly because it was advertised for $49 (supposedly half price) and at a quick glance it seemed to have all the features that I was looking for. I need a small, lightweight camera that can take very good closeup shots. Wow, this camera is awful! Every single photo I've taken, whether they be closeup or distance shots, have come out extremely grainy and blurry. I've searched the menus hoping to find a different setting that might take care of these problems. Nothing. Don't waste your money on this thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't ask for more..., June 30, 2011
For the price, this is a great camera! It's easy to use and is loaded with features. I definitely recommend especially for digital camera newbies.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little camera, June 5, 2014
good for kids and young adults, as it is not expensive and if it breaks...oh well. it does take decent pictures. not professional grade! LOL.. I think it is a good first or second camera, or if you need one in a pinch, this works.

Rate and Discover Movies