4.0 out of 5 stars Vivitek D825MS
Published on August 25, 2009 by T. Beljan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for HD - Check your laptop's capability.
Published on July 30, 2010 by Park City teacher

4.0 out of 5 stars Vivitek D825MS, August 25, 2009
This review is from: Vivitek D825MS 2600 Lumen SVGA DLP Projector (Office Product)
Use this at work in a medium size office for wall projection. The unit works perfectly, provides very sharp images, and is easy to focus. Operates for hours without overheating and shuting down like other projectors I have delt with. Video input options make this very versatile as well and since it comes with a carrying case and is light weight the unit could be taken any where for a remote presentation with a laptop.'
Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this projector today!!!, October 1, 2009
I purchased this projector a week ago for around $400. I can't believe what a deal the projector is. I use it for home entertainment and it works great. I did a lot of research before buying the Vivitek D825MS and I decided to give it a try based on price, lumens, and the 3 year warranty. I have it hooked up to my satellite and computer speakers. I have also used the vga cable to hook up the projector to my laptop. Everything works well so far. I encourage anyone else that has this projector to write a review, because I believe this is the best deal going right now. Don't let the price fool you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivitek and Delta Electronics, October 27, 2009
PH (Yorba Linda, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was curious about the Vivitek brand since it's a fairly new name, at least to me. Last time I researched for projectors was probably back in 2002~2003 when the popular Infocus X1 first came out. Turns out the transformer manufacturing giant, Delta Electronic is actually behind the Vivitek brand. Delta(based in Taiwan) supplies excellent power transforms for major computer OEMs such as Apple, Dell, HP and Xbox. So there's a good chance that you are already using a Delta product right now. So there, a little background about the brand. And now you can be rest assured knowing that 3 years down the road when you need to replace that projector lamp, the company will still be around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, September 18, 2009
This projector is great. It is very bright even in full light and can be used in many different arenas. We shopped around and read reviews and this one has worked great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable projector!, November 15, 2009
Purchased this projector to use for small office presentations and to use while traveling to different locations. This is the first projector I have owned and found it very easy to use,good quality, and lightweight which makes it convenient for travel. Would definitely recommend this projector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, December 13, 2009
Although Tiger Direct didn't ship the item as instructed and pocketed the difference, the projector itself is a fantastic value. Sharp picture, quiet and remotely controlled, the projector exceeds my expectations considering the low price. Owners of other, much higher priced projectors have commented on incredibly sharp the projected image is, even at extreme sizes. I highly recommend this to everyone like myself who rely on a dependable, high quality projector for their lectures and other presentations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for HD - Check your laptop's capability., July 30, 2010
Park City teacher (Park City, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
I am not a techie geek, and I suspect that there are many other out there who want a projector for their laptop or game system and just sort of skip over the technical information when reading reviews. So, here's a plain English warning. My son wanted to get a projector rather than a television because it would be easier to move a projector than moving a television from apartment to apartment to apartment. His main purpose for the projector was for watching DVDs from his laptop, gaming with his laptop, and for use with a Wii and a Playstation.

We purchased this projector because of the good reviews and reasonable price. We should have done more homework first. The problem is what is called VGA vs. HDMI. Sorry - I probably lost a few folks there, (and two days ago I would have been lost too) but I'll try to speak English as much as I can. If your laptop or PC has only an "HDMI" port for connecting to a projector, it won't work with this projector. We called Vivitek Customer Support and spoke to a knowledgeable and articulate tech support guy. He told us that this projector is meant to connect to laptops or computers with VGA ports. (It worked with my old school MacBook.) The least expensive Vivitek model projector that can support HD costs around $1,000.

The Vivitek Customer Service rep told us to try to go to Best Buy, speak to a Geek Squad member, and tell them that we needed an adaptor kit for connecting this projector to a laptop with only an HDMI port. According to the customer service guy, the adaptor kit is around $50. It (the adaptor) isn't meant to provide full HD quality, and never will. Evidently, it will allow the connection to the laptop, with audio capability, but will never allow HD quality video. We haven't gone to Best Buy yet, so I can't report on whether or not we were able to make it work, but I will try to update this review to let you all know what happens.

Just let this be a warning that you will not be able to use this projector straight out of the box unless you have a VGA port on your laptop or game system, and you will never be able to get HD quality picture from it. That's straight out of the horses mouth at Vivitek. If you don't know what the difference is between a VGA port and and HDMI port (I didn't) then do an internet search for pictures of the two different kinds of ports and compare them to your computer ports and game system ports before you purchase this projector. And be aware that you can't use it for HD quality picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, December 26, 2009
great value for the money. warm up time a little longer than I'm used to but cool down time is very fast. can't change size of projection but having to move the projector closer or further away is a easy trade off for the money saved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with my Macbook Pro, April 28, 2010
GypsyMoon (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this product not knowing what to expect. I was looking for a projector to hook up to my computer (Mac) with ease. I have to admit, it was pretty easy. All I had to do was buy an adapter that linked it into my macbook and voila..it worked perfectly. I use it every day for hours at a time. The adapter was reasonably priced (I think around $25) at the Apple store. I've had this projector for about 2 months and am very satisfied with it's performance and reliability. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it a year ago: It is just GREAT!!!, February 4, 2010
I bought this projector about a year ago. I have used other brands such as NEC, Infocus, Opticom, and I can tell you that although the other ones are more fancy and modern looking, the quality of image and reliability of this equipment is much better. I was amazed at how sharp images are displayed as well as the low noise and how easy it is to operate.
It is definitely worth it. The only thing I would improve is the carrying case that is very simple and without any cushioning. It looks very cheap.
Besides that, I definitely recommend it!!!!!

Vivitek D825MS 2600 Lumen SVGA DLP Projector