Vivitek Qumi Q2 300 Lumen WXGA HDMI 3D-Ready Pocket DLP Projector (Black)
- Native 720p HD/WXGA (1280x800) resolution
- Up to 300 lumens of brightness
- Estimated 30,000 hours of operation
- USB and MicroSD slots for content and memory expansion
- 3D-Ready via DLP link
- Connectivity options: Mini-HDMI, Universal I/O, 3.5mm video-in, 3.5mm mini-jack audio-out
- Easy to take with you at only 1.4 pounds
- Single Pico DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
With a brightness level up to 300 lumens and weighing only 1.4 pounds, the Qumi is Vivitek's innovative LED pocket projector. The Qumi features a DLP Pico chipset and BrilliantColor technologies from Texas Instruments. It is also the first pocket projector to be 3D-ready via DLP Link. The Qumi's sleek design and connectivity options allows it to be used with a variety of devices, including, but not limited to smart phones, laptops, netbooks and tablets, digital and video cameras. Versatile and portable, the Vivitek Qumi is perfect for sharing digital content at work and play.
Ultraportable with 3D-Ready Native 720p Resolution
The Qumi Q2 weighs just 1.4 lbs. for lightweight portability. The 1280 x 800 WXGA native resolution produces more than 1 billion colors for lifelike 720p images that are sharp and clear. DLP Link technology enables 3D-ready viewing for an enjoyable experience.
The LED lamp's 300 lumens of brightness and a 2500:1 contrast ratio offers bright images and noticeable contrast between white and black for excellent color saturation. The LED provides approximately 30,000 hours of lamp life.
The built-in 1W speakers produce rich audio for small- to mid-sized rooms. A 3.5mm audio jack is available for connecting to other audio outputs, from headphones to your home theater.
The Qumi Q2 supports a wide range of video input types. Supported signals include SDTV (480i), EDTV (480p), HDTV (720p, 1080i or 1080p), NTSC/NTSC 4.43, PAL B/G/H/I/M/N 60 and SECAM for a variety of compatibility options. Mini-HDMI, VGA, and component video inputs are available for connecting digital cameras, laptops, smart phones, tablets, and more.
Expand Your Options with USB and MicroSD
USB and MicroSD slots provide content and memory expansion. Connect the Q2 to your PC or digital camera via USB to view your digital content via the projector. Traveling for business? Transfer your media to a MicroSD card for convenient carrying of important documents and files when you're away from the office, and browse and access your files directly on the Q2 using the touch-sensitive button controls.
- Display Type: DLP
- Viewable Screen Size: 30" - 90" (diagonal)
- Throw Ratio Range: 1.55 :1
- Maximum Resolution: 1600 x 1200
- Native Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3 and native 16:10
- Brightness: Up to 300 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 2500:1
- Compatibility: UXGA, WXGA, SXGA+, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, PC and Mac
- Digital Keystone Correction: ±15°
- Zoom/Focus Control: Fixed lens
- Lamp Type: LED
- Lamp Life: Up to 30,000 hours
- Audio: Built-in 1W mono speaker
- Outputs: Mini-jack audio
- Power Consumption: 85W on (<0.5W on standby)
- Inputs: Mini-HDMI, VGA/component, video
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
First let me state that I have only tested out the Qumi with the iPad 2 and not the first generation iPad (though I am guessing the experience would be comparable). I wasn't originally sure if the Qumi would be a good fit for the iPad and I was a little hesitant to make the purchase. For iPad users like myself it appears worthwhile.
Projecting the iPad screen through the Qumi works well. The projection is absolutely crisp. For 300 Lumens the image is pleasantly bright for such a small projector. While you can easily see the projected image in a room with reading level ambient light, if you are going to watch a full length movie with the screen diagonal being something like 100 inches, it is definitely preferable to view the movie in a darkened room. In a darken room, the colors are absolutely vivid and vibrant. When I first watched a movie with the Qumi, I was a little dismayed that the colors were off (tan colored skin tones appeared unnaturally red). Only after watching the movie did I find that Qumi 2 allows for adjusting color and other settings such as keystone correction. The Qumi 2 has a number of preset options for color correction. This can be found under IMAGE --> DISPLAY MODE. I found that when I set the display mode to BRIGHT, the color tones in the projection almost perfectly matched the iPad screen. The second closest match for color was when the display mode was set to sRGB.
On the issue of the focusing mechanism for the Qumi I read a lot of reviews being critical about this. My impression is that in the Qumi Q2 the issue is overrated.Read more ›
Then I researched for more LED projectors and ran into LG HW300 and Qumi Q2. To be honest I would've gone with the LG HW300 for the DLNA so I could stream videos/musics easier without bunch of cables around my room and in my closet.
As for the Qumi Q2, the 300 lumens is enough for me. I can live with it since the LG HX300 is about the same but I would have to say the Q2 is slightly brighter. My only major gripe is having to buy adapters for my HDMI cable and component (still need to find an adapter for it). No accessories/adapters for other video inputs (for example the Wii).
The menu is really really basic. Can't calibrate much at all. Cannot change R, G, B to suit the situation. The presettings were ok. Brightness was way too saturated but not too bad for me.
Now for the good stuff, pixels are much more less noticeable when compared to the LG HW300, thanks to the increase pixels. Videos played nicely no stutter, no rainbow effect that I could notice, and the fan was not too bad (bad during silent scenes).
**One little trouble, I had a defective one prior to this review. The red led was broken or something because Mario's red under clothing was pure black. So did other images and videos where red didn't show up. Amazon was willing to replace it without any hassle. Thank you Amazon.Read more ›
I've noticed some people have commented on some flaws of the unit, and I'd like to explain what I've noticed and how to correct some.
1. "Greenish tint to the black and white areas" - Check to see if you have the LED MODE set to ECO instead of Normal. The setting is located in the main menu under Installation II.
2. "I have to refocus it every time I turn it on" - This projector has a warm up time before the lens get to the operating temperature. Typically I've ran into a 10-15 minute warm up time. Once it gets to this point, the setting you last had it at will be perfect again.
3. "Some parts of the screen won't focus and are blurry" - Check the lens for fingerprints. I had a similar thing happen, and once I cleaned the lens it was fixed.
4. "It goes to sleep but doesn't wake up" - I've noticed this and try as I may, I still haven't found a way to wake it up once it goes to sleep. So if anyone has, please comment!
5. "It only has a physical power switch and no power on the remote" - This is true and like another user had commented, it gives the ability to toggle with a switched outlet.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brightness is an issue for serious users (e.g. official meetings, presentations).Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Junk! Advertised as a like-new "refurb" unit and it came broken!Published 9 months ago by Matthew Little
This thing is remarkable. Using as "poor man's home movie theater"/kids' math and other homework display.
Pretty impressive resolution on 10' screen. Read more
I travel a lot as a professional trainer and being able to pop this into my bag and carry it easily is effortless. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Mom of 2 Girls
AWESOME projector, super portable, the color this thing displays is incredible. For sharpest HD resolution it needs to be no farther than 10ft or so from the screen... Read morePublished 17 months ago by brett tillman
amazing product, would buy again, but won't ever need to, it's got 30000 hour lifePublished 19 months ago by Matt
Works, but a pain in the ass to use and with useless instructionsPublished 20 months ago by Lyle E. Browning
Great LITTLE projector - good for trips - hotel room, small office, kid's bedroom. I chose it for its 3D capability. Read morePublished 21 months ago by James