Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 91 questions
vote
The included WiFi is pretty crappy. I was getting 3-5mb/s over my network, and poor connectivity in my bedroom, which is usually not a problem. I ordered an Intel 6235 WiFi card for $23 here on Amazon. Windows8 didn't even need drivers. I am getting 50+mb/s and great connectivity on 2.4GHz, and the 6235 has 5GHz too. (Installation is cake. unscrew the bottom, swap the card, screw back up. 5m)
Jan 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
Yes, 4GB is soldered onto the motherboard. You can upgrade to 8GB, although you have to take the whole bottom cover off the ultrabook to install the RAM. crucial.com has a 4GB stick of RAM that is compatible. Part #CT3679802.
Nov 25, 2012 by mpenner
vote
Short answer: Yes. I did it and it works great. Long Answer: It's not simple, especially if you are upgrading to a smaller disk. 1) Create a recovery disk/thumb drive with the Windows Utility. Besides being a good idea, they offer you the option to delete the Recovery partition from the back end of the drive. Doing so will allow you to more easily manipulate the existing partitions for transfer. 2) Delete the blank d: Data partition. I am not sure why they break it up like this. Possibly shrink the System partition (I first went to a 128GB drive, then to a 256). 3) Unscrew the bottom, remove the drive (REAL SHUT DOWN FIRST!!!) 4) I tried to use Clonezilla to duplicate the drive, but this didn't work so well. So I ended up using a simple dd command in linux. If all this is beyond you, just find a local geek to help. 5) Plugged in the new drive, screwed it all back up, and it worked! ONE ISSUE!!! Upon reboot, Windows thinks it's a special version called Windows To Go, and won't let you install from the MS Store. Here is the solution: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/W8ITProWTG/thread/af05f60a-4cb0-4561-b49f-71938dad6853
Jan 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
yes, I get a weird blob in the middle of my screen about half the time I carry in a backpack (also inside an additional padded laptop case). The blob slowly shrinks in time over a couple days, but then shows up again when I carry in the pack. Very odd...
Feb 23, 2014 by T. King
votes
Asus support says unit has to be sent back to them for replacement. She said batteries typically last 2-3 years.
Nov 20, 2012 by Rebecca M.
votes
No, it does not.
May 12, 2013 by Hugemonster
votes
Is it bluetooth ready? Feb 24, 2014
It has no bluetooth. It's surprising nothing has been done by either ASUS or Amazon: fix the misinformation or compensate the customers. Honestly it's a good computer for its price. Also it seems easy enough if you want to upgrade to BT capacity.
Mar 10, 2014 by mzengm
votes
does it take videos Jan 25, 2014
There is a camera on the computer. You can probably find software that records videos, but I have never done it.
Jan 25, 2014 by puma410187
votes
How durable is it? Jun 14, 2013
Until now it has been very durable, and working flawlessly. I have several asus products and this one is as sturdy as the others except less expensive. It have been a great purchase. Mainly wifey uses it and other than having to get to know window's 8, the product has no issues
Jun 14, 2013 by MaKanda
votes
Yes it can.
Jun 25, 2013 by Amazon Customer
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers