Simple design, I got it for cheaper on black only for my Asus Vivotab Smart ME400.
Did not get the keyboard as they are still very expensive around $70 to $100 some.
I used the Blue-tooth keyboard (for Lenovo S6000) I had and it works without issue. But to carry around would not be so slick...

The TranSleeve Cover work fine with different...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, it -is- a cover
When I originally ordered this product, it was on backorder just about everywhere I looked, including here. After about a week of waiting, I was excited to see the product had shipped and arrived just three days later. Unfortunately, that's pretty much where the excitement ended and the frustration began.

We'll start with this much: the TranSleeve is definitely...
Published 23 months ago by TML

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, it -is- a cover, February 19, 2013
This review is from: ASUS VivoTab Smart TranSleeve Cover (Black) (Personal Computers)

We'll start with this much: the TranSleeve is definitely a cover. It's stiff and works about as well as a piece of cardboard being held against the screen. Perhaps as some oversight or cost-reducing move in design and production of the Asus VivoTab Smart, the tablet was produced without any true means of locking the cover into place, unlike its bigger brother, the Asus VivoTab. This means that the cover snaps into place via magnets at the bottom of the tablet by the Windows button. It's really quite a cinch to snap-on--and even easier to pull it off. From the time since I've received this cover (about four days), I've had the thing pop-off several dozen times when all I was doing is slightly adjusting the positioning of the tablet.

But fun with magnets doesn't end there! The magnets in the cover itself that are supposed to enable the cover to work as a stand are a great idea, yes, but something has happened in the manufacture of these covers that makes the left magnet not snap down like it ought to to hold the stand in place. Can it hold the weight of the tablet on just the right magnet alone? Sure, but for how long? I had the first cover replaced, hoping the issue with the magnet only affected the one defective cover. The new one came today and suffers the same issues.

I know there's an annoying, frustrating shortage of covers and cases for the VivoTab Smart, but $40 is not worth it for this, it's just not.

Update (23 February 2013): I've just returned the replacement, too, now and requested a refund. I ended-up buying this case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4PKV22/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from Moko and have been much happier with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars should have believed all the negative reviews, April 17, 2013
Asus highly over rates their transleeve cover. the cover is a pitaful excuse. bad design bad fit just plain bad

1.0 out of 5 stars How?, March 20, 2013
This cover is missing one of the magnets that keeps it folded. Also, the magnetic hinge refuses to stick to the tablet properly. As a result, the cover flies off with the slightest touch. I can't promise that they are all like this, but there are plenty of reviews testifying to similar issues. I would avoid this thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for different situations and needs with slick and slim design for the tablet, July 18, 2014

The TranSleeve Cover work fine with different configurations for different situations.
Recommend it if you can get it around $20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty sweet (though one corner of mine might have a bad magnet). Wish there were better instructions., February 28, 2013
If you search online, you can find several videos about the transleeve cover. Those videos seem to be all for the Transformer's transleeve, not the Vivo's transleeve. The primary difference is that the Transformer's transleeve connects via magnet, but also includes two metal tabs that insert where the docking station could alternately connect. Since the Vivo has no such slots for a docking station, this transleeve has no such metal tabs - it's a straight metal bar with magnets.

The only included instructions are one largely wordless sheet with diagrams on how to fold it, which I found extremely vague. Thankfully, the transleeve of the Vivo and Transformer seem identical in every way except for the connection method, so the videos for how to fold it are still somewhat helpful. The problem is that there still remains two methods of folding this thing which seem to achieve the same angle of viewing, and no definite word as to which is correct (or more correct), if either.

I'm also not sure if mine is messed up, because only one of the corners of the cover part seems to be magnetized. It still folds, it just means that one of the corners is loose, so I have to kinda hold it in place when I flip it over if I use Method 1 (below). I have no idea if this is by design, or I got one with a faulty/missing magnet.

Method 1:
With the cover closed (covering the screen), lift the cover open by the corners, and immediately start to fold the cover by drawing the corners to the center. The magnet will catch and then you flip it over and you're done. With this method, you're folding against the outside.

Method 2:
Lift the cover completely open (soft side up). Now, lift up the corners and draw them towards the center. The magnet will catch and then you flip it over and you're done. With this method, you're folding against the inside.

I'm thinking that Method 2 is the more correct one, since Method 1 leaves the soft side of the cover exposed, while Method 2 exposes the same side of the cover that's exposed when you have the cover closed over the tablet. Also, even with only one corner magnetized, it catches far more securely, allowing me to flip it over the without holding it.

I just got it, but I already think it's an elegant solution. From experience with a case I have for my Acer w510-1666, I think it's a mistake to get a case for a Windows 8 tablet that covers the edges of the tablet. Swipe gestures from the sides are important in Windows 8, and cases or covers that hide parts of the edges give you less room to make those gestures. If you need a more rugged cover, look for one that only attaches at the corners. Otherwise, get something like this. I think Asus has a nice design here. The magnet bar attaches firmly and dead-center without any effort. The inside of the cover is soft and seems like it will be good for the screen. The outside is like a nice soft-rubber sort of feel. It looks neat just sitting on the tablet, and it's unique enough that it catches people's eye who have never seen it fold. If I could dock it half a star for poor instructions, I would. Otherwise, for the hour or so that I've used it, I like it lots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnets, Super Glue, Disappointment., July 13, 2014
It is excellent in theory. But, as previously mentioned, there are serious design flaws. My TranSleeve cover came with the keyboard. The keyboard was tre excelente. But, after maybe 15 minutes spent figuring out how to make the TSC (TranSleeve Cover) into a viable stand without attaching it to the ASUS ME400. I thought that was the tricky part. But, as Jesse Pinkman once said, "Magnets, b***h!"
So, upon attaching the TSC to the tablet, I found it quite difficult to position the tablet in such a manner that it would sit flat on the table. Then, unlike other reviewers, my magnets were incredibly strong. So strong that when I tried to take the TSC off the tablet, the bar containing the magnets detached from the TSC and stayed firmly on the tablet. Every time I tried to place the magnet bar back in the sleeve, it would detach itself from the TSC and remain on the tablet.
Eventually, I superglued the magnet bar to the TSC to prevent magnet-induced extraction upon tablet contact. So far, the tablet is standing and the magnet bar still attached to the TSC, but I truly cannot fathom this lasting longer than a week or so. Additionally, the tenuous and frequently shifting TSC, seemingly unable to find a comfortable spot on the tablet to be a viable stand, makes me quite nervous to actually TOUCH the tablet while the TSC is in stand mode. When I do, the TSC slips, changes position, or completely unfolds. I would highly recommend one of the hundreds of other tablet cover-stand combos that does not have the serious flaws of the TSC. Just because something is made by the same brand does not mean its the best product.
I would give this one star, but I feel like the engineers put effort into the TSC; it was probably hailed as a revolution when presented on paper. Also, theoretically, when the magnet bar isn't detaching itself from the TSC, it works as a cover. Mostly. I don't know why they bundled it with the keyboard, because there is absolutely no room for keyboard with this cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, May 12, 2014
I have this cover and a case with keyboard. I like this case when I'm out and about because the slim design makes my load lighter and less bulky. The cover folds easily to hold the tablet and protects the screen when closed. For the price, I am quite satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a necessity, February 8, 2014
Holds tight and does a great job protecting the screen. Also great for using it as a stand for my tablet. Will work great in classes.

2.0 out of 5 stars ASUS VivoTab Smart tablet has been great. Sleeve was a disappointment., December 7, 2013
Thought I was getting the sleeve and keyboard combo case. My error in ordering. Still prepared to use the sleeve. Way too flimsy to provide meaningful cover and the cover to tablet connector was pretty useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars TELLING LIKE IT WAS !, December 6, 2013
I PURCHASED THIS ITEM FOR THE ASUS T600 AFTER SEEING IT DISPLAYED ON A YOUTUBE REVIEW , YET THE ITEM ITSELF DID NOT LIVE UP TO THE REVIEW . THE MAGNETIC BAR WAS TO UNSAFE TO UTILIZE THE TRANSLEEVE , THE COVER HAD SHOULD HAVE HAD MAGNETS ON BOTH SIDES YET, ONLY ONE SIDE WOULD ADHERE WHEN CORRECTLY FOLDING THE COVER , THE ITEM NEEDS SOME IMPROVEMENTS . THE SHIPPING AND SELLER WERE EXCELLENT , YET THE PRODUCT WAS UNSATISFACTORY . JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT WAS . ENDED UP RETURNING . KIND REGARDS ,
Doc Mavrick