Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS V500CA 15-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on July 21, 2013
What I ordered was a notebook with an I7-4500 CPU and 1TB hard drive and instead I got a I7-3537 CPU with a 500GB hard drive. These are not desciption mistakes, but rather fundamental differences - what was delivered is a fundamentally different machine to what was ordered.

UPDATE - 7 Aug 13
In the end I kept the machine and was impressed with how Amazon handled this issue. I see that they have now updated the website to more acurately reflect what was delivered, however, right at the bottom of the product description it still seems incorrect.

Overall I am very happy with the machine - for a 15.6" machine it is lightweight and thin and an example of this is that you can easily sit with it on your lap for as long as is needed without the machine becoming heavy or hot. The screen size makes working for extended periods of time a breeze and the touch screen is great. There is no optical disk so if you need one you would need to order additionally.
on July 18, 2013
I got this about a hour ago and as for the functionality of the laptop I can not say much yet because I have not had it very long, but what I can say is that what is listed on Amazon for the spec is incorrect. I doesn't come with a Core i7 4500u processor, it comes with a Core i7 3537u, also it does not have a 1TB hard drive it is only a 500GB hard drive. I have not decided yet if I am going to return it or not but I am going to wait a day and see it it works out for me.

8/15/2013
Well I have been using the laptop for a few weeks now and I like it a lot. The only minor problem I have seen is that at times the glossy screen has a reflection which makes it hard to see, but other then that I like the laptop. Overall I think Asus made a good product and Amazon was too lazy to check there listing before they put it online.
66 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
In this review, I mainly want to help any fellow Asus vivobook owner who has problems with their space bar problem not registering the key press.
Upon receiving my V500CA, I love everything of it except 2 things. 1) the screen does not look as good as IPS screen with poor viewing angle, but for the price of this laptop, it is acceptable. and 2) the space bar was not sensitive enough. I personally like to press the space bar on the bottom right corner lightly. But the space bar in the V500CA would often miss the key press. After doing a lot of searching for this space bar problem, it appears to be the key not being sensitive enough. After being annoyed with it for a couple of days, I finally decided to fix it once and for all. I pulled the space bar out very carefully since it is very easy to break. After the space bar plastic is off, I immediately saw the problem. There is only one single actual key and it is in the center on the space bar. When pressing on the corner slightly, it causes the key to press at a slightly off angle. This cause the key press not to register. The fix is very simple. I just put 2 layers of clear tape inside the space bar plastic to make the contact better. So far, it has been working fine. Space bar is very sensitive. Hope this will help anyone having trouble with their space bar.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
okay here are the pros and cons
pros:
1. intel 4000 HD graphics card
2. when you register your device your get a 1 year protection plan from basically everything
3.I7 processor
4. under 1000 dollars
5. touch screen

cons:
1. windows 8
2. dealing with amazon
3. no CD Rom

overall good buy works great with gaming and computer drafting
on August 23, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my daughter for graduation I wanted her to have the most up to date that I could afford she will be using this to take online classes for college. I was going to buy a sony because that is what I have but mine is older and new ones do not get good reviews. I know several people with Asus computers, but one thing that impressed me when my friend call the customer support about his older Asus need help with software not loading issues he got some help (they are not suppose to tell you how to download software) they were polite and patient with him not understanding some computer terms. I would buy another Asus.
on February 3, 2014
I like this laptop very much, It is my firs ASUS computer, I have had a Nexus 7 which was made buy ASUS, and I love the very good fit and finish. I found this computer to be just as good if not better. The speaker quality of the laptop by itself is one of the best I heard. My son has a Mac Air, I have had a Dell , two HP , and a Samsung, and I found this computer to have a very clear and balance sound. the screen is very clean and the color quality is good. My only small complain would be the Graphic chip is a Intel 4000, I have had a Radeon chip and a Nvidvia , and I found both of these better for stream videos and movies. But over all I would purchase this computer again and recommend it to my friend . I don't think you will find any other unit with 8 GB of Ram and a i7 for this money.
on November 13, 2013
I had to send 3 of them back because the 1st one had rattling inside of it and the other 2 had keys sticking. I dnt blame amazon because I think its ASUS fault for not checking their items before packaging them.
on August 22, 2013
I'm quite enjoying my new laptop thus far. It's light weight, it's fast, and it's pretty easy to use. I'm still getting used to Windows 8, and the mousepad is very sensitive, so I frequently unintentionally move the mouse somewhere on the screen that I didn't intend to, but that's all part of getting used to a new computer. It doesn't have a place for a CD, but it does have a card slot on the side, which makes it easy to upload pictures from my camera.
on December 31, 2013
first thing I did was put in an SSD and wow this is a fast unit. touch screen is nice. the whole laptop seems very sturdy. windows 8 becomes usable when startisback is installed.
on October 11, 2013
I've had to reinstall my OS several times, the touch screen randomly stops working, and the screen is so thin it sometimes gets something I can best describe as bubbles in it from deflection. They go away after a while but yeah. Not great. I would not buy it again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse