4.0 out of 5 stars Different to what I ordered - Satisfied in the end
What I ordered was a notebook with an I7-4500 CPU and 1TB hard drive and instead I got a I7-3537 CPU with a 500GB hard drive. These are not desciption mistakes, but rather fundamental differences - what was delivered is a fundamentally different machine to what was ordered.

UPDATE - 7 Aug 13
In the end I kept the machine and was impressed with how Amazon...
Published 17 months ago by rod Mandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Different to what I ordered - Satisfied in the end, July 21, 2013
This review is from: ASUS Vivobook V500CA-DB71T 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-3537U Processor, 8GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

UPDATE - 7 Aug 13
In the end I kept the machine and was impressed with how Amazon handled this issue. I see that they have now updated the website to more acurately reflect what was delivered, however, right at the bottom of the product description it still seems incorrect.

Overall I am very happy with the machine - for a 15.6" machine it is lightweight and thin and an example of this is that you can easily sit with it on your lap for as long as is needed without the machine becoming heavy or hot. The screen size makes working for extended periods of time a breeze and the touch screen is great. There is no optical disk so if you need one you would need to order additionally.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, July 18, 2013
I got this about a hour ago and as for the functionality of the laptop I can not say much yet because I have not had it very long, but what I can say is that what is listed on Amazon for the spec is incorrect. I doesn't come with a Core i7 4500u processor, it comes with a Core i7 3537u, also it does not have a 1TB hard drive it is only a 500GB hard drive. I have not decided yet if I am going to return it or not but I am going to wait a day and see it it works out for me.

8/15/2013
Well I have been using the laptop for a few weeks now and I like it a lot. The only minor problem I have seen is that at times the glossy screen has a reflection which makes it hard to see, but other then that I like the laptop. Overall I think Asus made a good product and Amazon was too lazy to check there listing before they put it online.

5.0 out of 5 stars great laptop at the price, January 15, 2014
okay here are the pros and cons
pros:
1. intel 4000 HD graphics card
2. when you register your device your get a 1 year protection plan from basically everything
3.I7 processor
4. under 1000 dollars
5. touch screen

cons:
1. windows 8
2. dealing with amazon
3. no CD Rom

overall good buy works great with gaming and computer drafting

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Computer, Works perfectly I think.., February 14, 2014
Works perfectly... FIrst PC in a long ass time... way cheaper and better value than macbook... trust me i took forever 2 decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome laptop, December 31, 2013
leibnitz (Nevada, United States) - See all my reviews
first thing I did was put in an SSD and wow this is a fast unit. touch screen is nice. the whole laptop seems very sturdy. windows 8 becomes usable when startisback is installed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, November 13, 2013
I had to send 3 of them back because the 1st one had rattling inside of it and the other 2 had keys sticking. I dnt blame amazon because I think its ASUS fault for not checking their items before packaging them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great computer, August 23, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my daughter for graduation I wanted her to have the most up to date that I could afford she will be using this to take online classes for college. I was going to buy a sony because that is what I have but mine is older and new ones do not get good reviews. I know several people with Asus computers, but one thing that impressed me when my friend call the customer support about his older Asus need help with software not loading issues he got some help (they are not suppose to tell you how to download software) they were polite and patient with him not understanding some computer terms. I would buy another Asus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, February 11, 2014
Peanut (Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time and works perfectly. It's really fast and better than what I was expecting. The price was also great.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, February 9, 2014
have yet to tap into it ,it's very fast ask me again in 6 months , windows 8 touch screen needs some work ! has plus's and negatives ,

4.0 out of 5 stars good laptop, December 13, 2013
web cam quality is bad,as well as pictures taken with it
set up and touch screen is perfect
quiet and fast, pretty light