Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Viz Manga
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 14, 2016
You now have the greatest manga from Japan at your fingertips, at long last in a convenient, downloadable format for your Android phone!

Buy manga volumes from all your favorite series, read free previews or subscribe to Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, all from inside the VIZ Manga app. It's the best way to read digital manga for both hard-core collectors & new fans alike!

Your manga purchases & subscriptions will be accessible from all supported mobile devices and in your web browser at VizManga.com, and shared bookmarks provide an even more seamless reading experience.
Please if you found this review helpful in making your decisions, please press the “Yes” button below.

With digital-first exclusives like Blue Exorcist, plus hundreds of other titles like Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Vampire Knight, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Bakuman & more across a wide range of genres, we’ve got something for everyone, whether you’re an action addict or a romantic at heart, a fantasy fanatic or a sci-fi aficionado, a comics geek or an art lover.

New to manga? Can't decide what to get? Every month we provide a number of free previews for you to download and explore. Or, try Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha which provides you with new chapters from some of our most popular manga every week, only 2 weeks after they're published in Japan!
Great app for Manga production and reading of Manga
Recommend it for the new to Manga as well as the seasoned artist.
on December 18, 2014
It's a little clunky to use, and...well, it doesn't have all of their titles. (Eyeshield 21, anyone??? I'd give this thing a TON of stars if it only had that!!) It does, however, have a very good selection, AND it lets you preview many of the manga. It's definitely worth something, but I just wish they had some of the ones that I wanted from them. (ES21 went out of print a few years ago.)
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
For a long time it didn't work on the HDX (well, you could buy stuff via the HDX, but you couldn't actually read anything). Viz finally fixed that, and now it's pretty good. It shows the magazine one page at a time, with the cute affectation of having to swipe backwards as if it were a print book bound in the Japanese style. As an app, it's nothing special. It doesn't have guided reading, as the Comixology app does. It doesn't allow you to see a double page spread on one screen. For content, it's exceptional, in particular the Shonen Jump app that is a subset of the Japanese edition, and comes out on the same day.
on May 12, 2016
1.I need to make an account to even look at anything
2. The free manga is just a sample (honestly should have seen that coming)
3.weather or not I could use the money in my Amazon account to buy the manga
It probably worked grate but I don't have the kind of money to drop on manga and would just rather get it on Amazon if I do
on December 3, 2012
Its so good to finally be able to read manga on my Kindle Fire! I love the way the app works although it can be tricky to navigate at first. My only complaint is that the manga can load rather slowly when compared to how quickly Amazon books load, but its easy to keep track of them and delete them if necessary. Must have app for manga fans.
on October 12, 2012
Finally available for Kindle! I'm so excited I've already subscribed to Shonen Jump Alpha which is awesome! reading on the Kindle Fire is easy, the pages look great and bookmarking is just as simple. Ordering Manga is fast and as current as it is in the States. Support Manga & download THIS app before bad things happen to all of us!!
11 comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2013
That is, if you like paying for your manga. I like to go the official route nowadays and actually give the mangaka credit and payment for their work. And, since I don't really want a million manga books cluttering up my house, this app is a perfect alternative! The volumes cost $4.99 a piece, but there is a free preview of the very first chapter, which is pretty handy. I do occasionally buy volumes without having ever read the series before, and haven't been disappointed yet.

The pros:
1) Easy to navigate
2) Easy to find all the volumes I've purchased
3) Quick loading for manga pages
4) Half-price from physical volume price ($4.99 vs. $9.99)
5) Ability to delete and download again (no additional cost) if there was a hitch in the first download

The cons:
1) Volumes can only be put on one device (if you get a new Kindle, you have to buy them all over again)
2) No search capabilities (you have to scroll through all of the series to find the one you want)

Overall:
It's a nice, handy little app. If you're like me and don't need a physical copy of the book, then this app is a dream come true. I plan to keep my Kindle Fire HD until it disintegrates in my hand 20 years from now, so I'm not worried about losing my manga. The images are crisp and clear and I don't have to worry about ruining the spines of my manga. Thanks, Viz Media, for a surprisingly terrific app!
on November 10, 2012
To start this review, readers should know that this app can only be applied to media tablets 7" or smaller, ipads, and smart phones normally. However, This app can be installed on certain larger tablets ( I have the asus transformer infinity 10.1") via amazon app. I find that reading manga through this app to be much more enjoyable than reading through the vizmanga.com site where I had to constantly adjust the page size and wait for load time. For people who don't like to use credit cards this app (through the amazon app)can use amazon gift cards to pay for manga instead of using a credit card on the viz site. With the large selection of manga viz has and its soon to be same day as japan release of shonen jump (compared to the two week delay currently) there is no reason not to have this app.
22 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2013
Let me just start out by saying that this app never tried to appear to be anything other than a digital store for VIZ Media content so it is at least honest. In it you can purchase and read manga you've purchased on either a by volume basis or read the current issue of Shonen Jump. The first volume of nearly every manga on here is free however, and that can be a great way to sample some new content which I really enjoyed. My only complaints with the app are minor and honestly I expected them going in.

For starters, you can only read viz affiliated material. Again that is to be expected going in, but I feel that the company could have benefited from including access to their competitors content. By charging them at a more expensive rate, the incentive was still there to buy their products first. Not to mention the difference in purchasing price could make up for the costs of renting the licenses and virtual publishing rights to said products. It's not a deal breaker by any means, and this app is still a must have for manga readers. I just feel a more universal stance could have been taken by VIZ to be a complete manga experience on my kindle, and it left me a little disappointed.

Another complaint I have is that panel by panel view (seen in other apps or from direct downloads off of Amazon.com for my kindle) is not available for most if not all of the content I tried. It's not a huge thing for me because I only use it on a few rare occasions. But I can see it being a big problem for many users, and something I felt worth noting in this review. For all that it doesn't have that however, the actual reader itself is well designed. The images of the pages were all very rich and the lettering easy to read and enjoy on my Kindle. The bookmark system and page scrolling are all easy to use and work well on the kindle as well.

All in all I like this app, even if it could have been better. It's a solid virtual marketplace with enough features to get me to purchase my Viz manga through it, rather than directly via the amazon marketplace. If for no other reason than it being free and having a lot of free samples, I recommend this to long time manga fans and curious newcomers as well.
on January 1, 2014
This app is useful for those who own a tablet and want to purchase manga on them. If you own a Kindle that allows you to purchase manga there is no need to download this app. It is only good for those who need it.