on January 13, 2014
Was looking for a new wood stove to replace my old one. Did some research and was looking for something a little bigger with longer burn times. This unit fit the criteria.

I had mine delivered and was told by the vendor the shipping company would unload the stove where I wanted it which was far from the truth. Showed up on a semi without a lift gate. Had to pay $50 last minute for a forklift to unload the 400lb beast. Packaging was damaged, one exterior side panel was bent and the frame for the ash pan would not sit flush for the ash pan to slide in.

My advice would be to take off all the exterior panels, front door and remove the fire brick from burn chamber to lighten the load which is what I did. Made it much easier to handle. Installed in place of old stove and went fast. My next piece of advice would be to fire the unit outside first. I didn't and the fumes from the paint etc filled my house and set off my smoke detector. I placed a fan in a window to get around this. Couple of times burning and the smell went away.

Lighting the fire took a bit of learning as there is no grate. Place a couple of small pieces of wood about 8" apart and get your kindling going in between, placing wood across the kindling and away you go. It heated up fast and put out a lot of heat fast. The window is great as you can watch the fire. The glass is clean after a a week of burning. I get double the burn time with this stove compared to my old one which is what I was hoping for. Very pleased. This purchase came with the fan kit which is a let down. Fan is not very powerful and doesn't do much in the way of circulating the hot air.

All in all I am pleased with the purchase and hope to heat with this unit for a long time.

MDS
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2014
I found that the heat put out by the stove is lacking. I am comparing to an Ashley Automatic (non EPA stove, 30 years old) which was rated at less than 100k BTU ... and holds less wood. While the other stove may have held less and burned a little faster (same wood for the tests), the old one INSTANTLY put out warmth and droves ...

Not sure if its the firebricks or reburning or the size of the stove that's causing it, but it definitely takes much longer to feel the warmth.

However, if I sit by it with the door open, there is plenty of heat, LOL!!! Really though ... should I be using it differently? I have not added the blower, btw ... comparing systems without blowers.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 4, 2012
The stove is nice looking & heats well, holds alot of wood. Great price! Other stoves I looked at were 50% more. Safest stove out there!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...