Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 23, 2014
I'm writing this just after installing this band in my Casio F-91W. This particular watch runs a long time on one battery and is very economical for the basic functions that it provides, but it's weakness is the strap, which lasts less than half of the life of the watch. Many replacement straps cost almost as much as a new F-91W, so I have been looking for a strap that fits and is inexpensive compared to the cost of the watch.

The Voguestrap TX1852 seems to be it. It comes with two spring bars, which were not needed on my watch. Replacement is easy if you follow three steps:

1) Slice the old strap off the bar using the point of an X-acto knife.

Once the bar is exposed, notice what kind it is (spring-loaded or not) and how it is secured. For the F-91W, the Casio bar was pointed on one end, blunt on the other, and the holes in the watch case were of different size. If that is what you see,

2) Slide the bar out of the case toward the blunt side, using chain-nose pliers.
3) Attach the new straps to the watch case, threading the original bar pointed end first through the larger hole, and secure the pointed end in its hole on the other side of the case by pushing the blunt end with a straightened paper clip.

I'll revise this rating if the band doesn't hold up to normal use.

UPDATE: 4 October 2015
I have just replaced the Voguestrap mentioned above with a new one. After 18 months, the strap has become very stiff and I think that it would soon have started to break. Is 18 months too short a useful life for this strap? It depends on what you consider "normal" use. I wear it all the time except when in the shower. It gets exposed to UV when I hike in the mountains. It is exposed to sweat and body oils when I work out in the gym or in the yard. I had expected a little longer lifetime, so I am deducting one star, but I still think that this is a reasonable product for the price. That's why I bought it again.
on October 6, 2013
This Casio watch is cheap and it keeps going and going. It outlast the watch band and it seems like such a waste to throw away, so I purchased this replacement band. The band is identical to the original, but the replacement pins to attach them are not, and too short. The original pins would not compress to be removed (corrosion), so I cut them out. The replacement pins are just a hair shorter and held the band in place for a while, but it fell out on the first day of use. It was a waste of time and money to try this. I spent the $13 and just purchased another Casio Watch and happier now. Everything is new and no wasting of time or frustrations.
55 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
Casio watches are great but the strap don't last much. My original strap lasted for about 3 yrs after which it broke.. i was wondering if i should get a new watch or a strap as the cost difference isn't much..so thought to try this out as it had good reviews.. unfortunately this isn't so good as i was expecting
1. Almost $6, while you get a original casio for $11-12.
2. The size was quite smaller than the original one i had, and also the material looks cheap so doubt if that would last.
3. The new straps don't fit very well to the watch body. Its too tight and doesn't move freely.
I wouldn't put money in buying any straps in future but will rather get the original watch.
on August 27, 2013
Incredibly disappointed. Checked the specifications for my Casio watch and ordered what was supposed to be the identical match. Not even close. Stuck with a piece of rubber in a drawer. Will never order again from Voguestrap.
on July 12, 2013
I installed this band on my Casio F-28W which comes with a very inadequate band. It's made that watch wearable again! As others have said, this band is a good fit for Casio watches and is MUCH more comfortable. I'm glad new pins are supplied as I had to pretty much destroy the originals installed trying to get them out.
on January 23, 2015
I just got this. Since its working, I can't denigrate it too much. Compared to my Casio strap, this has a really cheap feel, and I doubt its survivability. If it fails relatively soon (3 years?) I'll come back and alter my review. Likewise, if it decides to wear like iron (but I doubt it). The 18mm measurement seems to be true to my Casio and I had no real problems getting the band on the watch.

One point of note/caution. The overall wrist size seems a bit small. I have average size wrists. I wear a glove size that just barely makes it into the large category. I'm not overweight. If my wrists were a half inch larger in circumference, I don't think I'd be able to use this band. The buckle would be in the forth hole from the end and the strap would just barely make the strap keeper.

From my view point, I think a fair price for this band would be $3.50 to $4.00 dollars.

UPDATED: Well, it made it about 10 months. The band was already starting to get hard like these type of bands do after a few years, and then the strap started popping out of the watch, although this may have had to do with the pin rather than the band itself. Finally, the tongue on the buckle (what is the proper name for that thing?) snapped off. Its done, and for only 10 months of wear, I don't think I'll buy another.
on April 26, 2013
This band is the perfect fit for the band on the Casio F105, a watch which costs slightly more than the replacement band. It comes with its own tension bars. Cut the old band off the watch; it is easy to damage the resin of the watch case. If you damage the watch case, you end up buying both the replacement band and a replacement watch, which is a sub-optimal buying choice.
on March 15, 2016
The Casio watches last forever it seems like. The problem is the original straps it comes with don't last very long only for about maybe a year. I know you can just buy a new watch for a few bucks more than these straps cost but hey why get rid of a perfectly good watch and you can save yourself a little money just getting new straps for it. The straps were slightly shorter in length compared to the originals but once on your wrist you don't notice the difference. Will update this review to see how long they last.
review image review image
on February 7, 2016
Ordered this for my grandson. He had a watch of his grandfathers and the brittle band broke. This band matched it perfectly. The watch was 20+ years old and I was surprised to find a band to match it exactly and to fit it perfectly but I did. It made for one happy grandson and scored a point for this MeMaw!!
on October 7, 2014
I have a Casio F 105 model watch. This is my 3rd replacement band for this cheap dependable watch. Usually use the Casio replacement bands. Could not find one at a reasonable price so I bought this Voguestrap band. Very pleased with this band as it fits my watch perfectly. I kept the buckle strap on my watch and only replaced the strap with the holes. The strap with the holes is usually the one that goes on me. They did supply replacement pins but I did not use them as I reused my old pin. If it lasts for awhile then it would be a 5 star.

See 1 answered question