5.0 out of 5 stars Companion to The lost voice of soul
Published on September 2, 2002 by Peter Durward Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars EMPTY NOT FULFILLING LIKE HER OTHER CD'S
TRY "18 HEARTBREAKING SONGS" OR "THE BEST OF TIMI YURO " THIS COMPILATION DOES NOT COMPARE TO SHOWCASING HER REAL TALENT AND WONDERFUL VOICE. GREAT CD PHOTO THATS ABOUT IT:((
Published on March 13, 2007 by O. TOTH

5.0 out of 5 stars Companion to The lost voice of soul, September 2, 2002
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
This was released following the success of The lost voice of soul, a 26 track compilation of Timi's finest recordings which I've also reviewed. Despite only being remembered for one hit, Timi recorded a lot of quality music, as this CD shows. There are no big hits here, since they were all included on the first CD and there is no duplication. There are a few obscure A and B sides plus a selection of album tracks.
If you are familiar with Timi's music, you will know what to expect. If not, you should start with the other CD or, better still, buy both together.
There are original songs here, but there are also great covers of It's just a matter of time (Brook Benton), I'll never fall in love again (Tom Jones), When something is wrong with my baby (Sam and Dave), Hallelujah I love him so (Ray Charles), I apologise (originally recorded by Bing Crosby in 1931 and revived by Billy Eckstine in 1951, but a sixties hit for P J Proby) - Timi's version was the B-side of Hurt so pre-dates P J Proby, All my love belongs to you (Little Willie John), If you gotta make a fool of somebody (an American hit for James Ray and a British hit for Freddie and the Dreamers) and I waited too long (LaVern Baker). There are only two country songs here, these being I just got back from there (Billy Walker) and When you were mine (Justin Tubb).
This is yet another brilliant Timi compilation from the good people at RPM. Unless some company releases a box set or a series of twofers, the 52 tracks on these two British compilations will remain the most comprehensive study of Timi's music on CD.
As no track listing is available at the time of this review, here it is :-
1 Interlude (Time) - studio version

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious voice of a lifetime~Bravo Timi Yuro!, April 5, 2004
Bradly Briggs "sing it!" (TOLUCA LAKE, CALIFORNIA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
As prophetic title implies, magnificant Timi Yuro voice comparable in passion and greatness to that of legendary Judy Garland...certainly would have loved to hear "The Voice That Got Away" do her magic on "The Man That Got Away", would have been as awesome as any of the extraordinary gems Miss Yuro ever sung...sadly Timi Yuro passed away at 62 years of age but left behind soulful brilliance for us to savor and enjoy such as this wonderful collection that has a generous amount of her brilliant classic "Something Bad On My Mind", still sadly this amazing classic masterpiece strangely not yet released on Compact Disc...opening classic collection is hauntingly brilliant "Interlude" gem making it crystal clear this amazing collection is going to be an extraordinary musical experienc unlike any other...another classic from "Something Bad On My Mind" is a sublime vocal making "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" one of her greatest ever then Carole King penned "Hey Boy" is a towering magnificent vocal taking this classic song to a level higher than previous versions and the result is breathtaking. Soulful and glorious are stunning vocals throughout this tremendous collection, classic performances abound, "I Must Have Been Out Of My Mind" and "When He Wants A Woman" should have been huge Number One country hits being right up there with the best of Patsy Cline without a doubt. Where were the lame Radio Programmers of America when "Something Bad On My Mind" masterpiece came out in 1968? From this collection easy to see the extraordinary "Something Bad On My Mind" classic album contained WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN numerous chart toppers in Pop, R&B, and Country charts plus Adult Contemporary! This was a crime against an artist who is Legendary, this amazing artist must have been devastated and given up hope after such an atrocity happened after creating a total masterpiece...when music lost its soul...what is our Country doing to real talent? Some real deep soul searching needed, this lady sang unlike anyone else...Timi composed the incredible "Wrong" showing what would have continued had the industry cared & given deserved support to a once in a lifetime classic...get this phenomental collection and enjoy a tremendously gifted singer in peak form...RIP sweet soulful lady, you are love and missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Idel, October 8, 2005
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
Timi Yuro never got the credit she deserved. She had one amazing voice;one of the greatest.Duane Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars A GODDESS OF A SONGSTRESS, July 5, 2005
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
There is not a song that Timi could do injustice to. In the female world of song she is the equivalent of an Elvis Presley. Though deceased (3-30-2004), her voice and memory will live on through our appreciation of her talent. TIMI YURO....ALWAYS IN OUR THOUGHTS WITH ETERNAL HEARTFELT LOVE! YOU ARE OUR MELODIC ANGEL AND YOUR VOICE GRACES US DAILY. WE FEEL BLESSED.

Tori, Paulette, and Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars The INCREDIBLE Voice of Timi Yuro !!!!, July 19, 2009
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
This is the ideal companion to "Lost Voice of Soul" and the two should be purchased together. This lady never ever cut a bad record. Her majestic, resonant voice certainly shines through in this collection. My particular favorite in this collection is "Interlude" from the motion picture of the same name. The melody is hauntingly beautiful, almost other-worldly. Timi's voice certainly does it justice. The "little lady with the big voice" never misses a cue. As a huge Timi Yuro fan, I can't say enough about this particular CD or anything she has done. She has a way of drawing you into her pain and heartache. I have loved her since 1961 since first hearing "Hurt" and then "What's a Matter Baby". This is a welcome addition to anyone's Timi Yuro collection, and no fan should be without it. I would definitely give it 5-stars and recommendation. While her other CDs are "Amazing", the Very Best Of, only one word describes her magnificent voice: INCREDIBLE..

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
timi is the best. i'm so happy that her music is on cd now. get this music if you can its a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Timi Yuro Compilation CD !, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
The insert has lots of photos of Timi Yuro. Songs featured are not big singles but many rare and hard to find recordings. Particular favorites are When Something Is Wrong With My Baby,[should have been a big hit] Nothing Takes The place Of You, and If I Never Get To Love You.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have just got acquainted with Timi Yuro, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
I first learned of this singer through the film "Interlude", which I had seen again on TV after having seen it many years ago and remembering how well I had enjoyed it. Timi sings the theme called "Time" in the opening credits.. Someone had stated on the film site that the original theme was only available on this album, hence my reason for purchasing it. The original movie version is very haunting and she also does her own version of it on this album. The film was not available when I first started enquiring on Amazon, but they have it in stock now and a copy is winging it's way to Western Australia as I write this review. I love many of the other tracks on the album and can understand why she has maintained a loyal following.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VOICE THAT GOT AWAY - TIMI YURO VOL 2, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Voice That Got Away (Audio CD)
PUBLISHED BY RPM. I HAVE MOST OF TIMI'S ALBUMS AND FIND THAT THE SOUND QUALITY IS JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL--HER VOICE COMES OUT LOUD AND CLEAR. I HAVE PURCHASED IN THE PAST CD'S WHERE TIMI'S VOICE IS MUFFLED--NOT QUITE LIKE THE ORIGINAL LP OR 45. THE NUMBERS SHOW HER RANGE AND WONDERFUL DYNAMICS. THIS IS A WONDERFUL CD TO SIT AND LISTEN CLOSE TO. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY TIMI YURO OR FEMALE VOICE FAN.

1.0 out of 5 stars EMPTY NOT FULFILLING LIKE HER OTHER CD'S, March 13, 2007

ARRAY(0xa94792c4)

Voice That Got Away
Voice That Got Away by Timi Yuro (Audio CD - 2004)