5.0 out of 5 stars an absolute must for those looking for wonderful new fiction, November 19, 1996
By A Customer
This review is from: Voices of the X-iled (Paperback)
This has to be one of the most exciting collections of individuals' work that I can remember reading. Each contributor is unlike any current works that I'm aware of. I can't wait for the follow up

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and literary short-story collection!, February 7, 2004
This review is from: Voices of the X-iled (Paperback)
This beautiful short story collection blew me away! The writers' takes on Generation X have an extraordinary balance of wit, insight and notable literature. Tamara Jeffrie's "Black Tea," David Foster Wallace's "Girl with Curious Hair," and Amanda Filipacchi's "Nude Men" (a vignette taken from the novel with the same name -- Nude Men is one of my all-time favorite novels) have elements of magical realism in them. Although this book appears to be targeted toward Gen X readers, this is a timeless and ageless anthology that is to be savored like fine wine. I couldn't recommend this book enough...

5.0 out of 5 stars Still lending a powerful voice to a generation, July 19, 2009
This review is from: Voices of the X-iled (Paperback)
I first read this book in college when it came into the library where I was working. After thumbing through it, I had to be the first to read it and snatched it up before it hit general circulation. What a mindblowing book! I'd read countless anthologies and collections of writings through the years as an English major, but nothing like this. Each entry is something new and unexpected, much as Neruda or Joyce. It's the book I wanted to include in my lesson plans as a teacher (but couldn't get past the parents). A must read for those exploring modern lit.

Voices of the X-iled
Voices of the X-iled by Michael Wexler (Paperback - August 1, 1994)
$19.00 $16.75