Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

• Voila
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CDChange

on February 22, 2007
I have to say that Voila is the best work Belinda has ever done. And did she do some amazing things before... (Real, A Woman and a Man, Runaway Horses, her work with the all girl group The Go-Go's, etc)

I bought the album upon it's release 3 weekes ago and the discs hasn't left my cd-player ever since. I just can't stop listening to it.

Right now I don't speak one word French (but I will soon), but the songs and Belinda's voice touch me more that any music ever did before. And God has this woman touched me before or what.

Hightlights for me are Bonnie et Clyde, Avec Le Tamps, Ne Me Quitte Pas, Sous Le Ciel de Paris and La Vie en Rose. But the whole cd is great.

At first I was in mourning over the fact that Belinda putted her pop-career in the past, but now, I totally embrace that decision.

Belinda developed a 100% French accent in the 13 years she's living in France and sounds like she's a born and raised Franchaise.

I hope she will continue recording France albums (standards or new material, I don't really care). I mean, what's left of the pop music we knew 20 years agon, anyway? It hasn't progressed at all.

So thank you Belinda for Voila. You go go girl!! ;)

Think I'm going to pack my bags and get a one way ticket to France as well.

Oh, ciel de Paris!!!
VINE VOICEon April 3, 2007
I've always adored Belinda Carlisle and have been quite disappointed that she hasn't released an album (sans the Go-Gos) since "A Woman and a Man" over 10 years ago. She definitely has matured and does a fantastic job with this album that's totally in French (plus a 4-single CD in English). If you'd like to hear what Madeleine Peyroux (Careless Love) would sound like with a beat of an upbeat tempo, this may be the CD for you. It's great for listening as music in the background or for driving in the car when you want a little pick-me-up. Congrats, Belinda!
on March 4, 2007
I saw a poster for this and had no idea what to think. So many good reviews, though, so I bought it.

I love it.

Her voice, which can sound think when she sings in english, really works on these songs.

It's been in heavy rotation for a week. Everyone loves it.
on March 17, 2007
When I first heard about this project, my thought was "Bad idea". Love Belinda, but after all, she's American and has learned French somewhat late in life, and that usually means dreadful pronounciation. Besides, I wanted another pop album.

Then I got the album. My worries about the pronounciation weren't all wrong, my toes curl at times. But then again, Belinda's voice and French are a marriage made in heaven, so amazing that poor pronounciation easily can be ignored. And after hearing the album once, I decided that this was completely right, another pop album would not have been. And after all, a decade has passed in Belinda's release of AWAAM and she has developed since then. But so have her fans.

Must say that "Sous le ciel de Paris" is really charming...
on February 8, 2007
I have been a fan of Belinda Carlisle since her early days with the EVER-FABULOUS Go-Go's, the greatest female band there ever was. Her solo career was just as fabulous, and i did not mind waiting for 10 years for this new release. It was worth the wait, I trully enjoyed it, her voice fits every song, her french is just delicious! This is what i call 'High Quality' product. With all the trash that's out there today like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson, thank God Madame Carlisle is still around. Wonderful CD!
on February 28, 2007
This is a wonderful CD. I'm a huge Belinda Carlisle fan, and if you are like me, you must listen to her sing French before you die. Difficult to choose a favorite cut on here, but I'd have to go with "Jezebel" and "Bonnie and Clyde" a song that used to get on my nerves when Luna sang it, but with Belinda's vibrato, it becomes near ethereal. I went with the Bonus CD edition, but I have yet to take the French version out of my CD player.
on February 10, 2007
Belinda Carlisle is back - Boy, is she ever! "voila" is the absolute best CD of her career! I was leary when I first heard her new CD was sung entirely in French, but I was wrong to be uneasy! From the moment you put this disc in the player, it is a wonderful musical adventure! Belinda's voice is pitch perfect! This album is getting outstanding reviews across the board (as it should!). Belinda deseves a Grammy Award for her work on "VOILA". I hope she will not be overlooked for this accomplishment. I LOVE this CD, and loved it from the first moment I heard the songs! Belinda sounds great! She looks fabulous on the cover too! The best songs, in my opinion, on "Voila" are: "Ne Me Quitte Pas", "Pourtant Tu M'Aimes", "Bonnie Et Clyde", "Avec Le Temps", "Contact", and "La Vie En Rose". Everyone should own a copy of this CD --- If you do, you will play it over & over & over & over again!
on February 9, 2007
Belinda should get a grammy nommination at least for this next year (not elegible for this years grammys). She went out of the box on this project, and it paid off.
on February 16, 2007
As a fan of Enzo Enzo, Paris Combo, Patricia Kaas and others, I approached this release with great skepticism. But within moments my critical ear slowly relaxed and in no time the illusion was complete; I became completely one with the music and entered the France of Berlinda's imagination. These songs are nothing new. We've heard them performed by countless chanteur et chanteuse. Why should this recording make any difference? Its in the fantastic arrangements, fresh and envigorating interpretations. Oui? Merci, Belinda for taking big chances and bringing us a wonderful album outside of the pop genre as we know it. You may not have a star on the walk in Hollywood, but now in our hearts you will be an etoile de Paris!
on March 2, 2007
I've always loved Belinda's voice, from the GoGos through her solo work. Her vibrato is made for these wonderful chansons. But pairing up with a genuis like Eno gives me chills. Avec le temps has been looping on my stereo for hours- bravo!