4.0 out of 5 stars Great shave - expensive product
Published on June 25, 2010 by randy

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaver Sharpening Heads
Published on October 19, 2008 by I Love Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shave - expensive product, June 25, 2010
This review is from: Vollco Sharpening Heads For Select Norelco and Remington Models (Health and Beauty)
I am actually very pleased with the results. It is like night and day difference from what they were before i followed the exact directions. I was totally surprised by the result and difference. I turned it on and watched the clock for 5 seconds and turned it off and took out the blades and put the screens and blades back in as originally designed. I think for a piece of plastic and fine sandpaper, it is kind of expensive, but i do realize there is a manufacturing process. The question though is it worth 10 or 11 dollars, i would have to say yes. I have three norelco models that have been purchased over the years and they use the same heads and design is identical. i also purchased new heads, because i was so in doubt about the product. It works and how many times more i can use it i do not know. I also purchased replacements for mine and now i realize i can save them for another time and will use this on the other two models i have as well.

Do NOTE: i also used this opportunity to clean the entire head pieces with an old tooth brush. The screen and the blades needed some real cleaning and then i used the Shaver Sharpener. Make sure you do it in such a way that you do not mix up the blades and the screens. I took them out in such a way that they were easily marked so that i did not change the positions or mix them up. I am not sure if it would have made any difference, but i kept it all lined up in case there was an issue.

For me it is like having new blades even though i know they are not. You can get away with not purchasing new blades unless that is what you want. The norelco products are excellent, but the Shaver Sharpener will save you quite a few replacements. I do not know how long the Sharpener will last, but it worked well for the first one and that is all i have tried so far.

Randy

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaver Sharpening Heads, October 19, 2008
This is a good product, but not a great product. It will probably extend the amount of time the razor can be used by 50% before we buy replacement blades, but the quality of the shave after sharpening the blades is about 75% of what it would be with new (replacement) blades. You can save a few dollars for a while, but don't expect that sharpened blades will be as good as new blades.

5.0 out of 5 stars its what i needed, January 30, 2014
I have two rotary head shavers blades need sharping I have done one , it seems to shave better its what I needed .

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, January 29, 2014
This baby works as advertized. You can see how fine it sharpens the old ones. Very handy tool! I am so happy I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, December 18, 2012
works well with razors. It is good gift idea. It is easy to use and works like a charm. I love it

1.0 out of 5 stars Misled by lack of description, December 14, 2012
I was looking for a triple-head grill cover (or assembly including blades) because my grill broke and the broken hole snags everything as well as breaks the blades. Blades alone wont do, i needed a whole head for this Norelco. Nor will this do, which is just 3 plastic caps with sandpaper in it to sharpen your blades and then re-store this away until next time. Here i thought they were SELF-SHARPENING blades (an invention that does exist). Instead it was wasted money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never let you blades get dull and this product will keep them sharp, October 23, 2014
Never let you blades get dull and this product will keep them sharp. I know I have been using them for 2 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 14, 2014
The head work very well

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, July 8, 2009
Bought Vollco Shaver Sharpeners in the hope of reviving my long-lasting and excellent Norelco two-headed electric shaver, so old that new blades were no longer available. Well, blades that had been becoming dull became, if anything, even duller, if not downright dangerous. In short, I wish I'd put the twenty bucks toward the new Norelco I've bought since! Learn from what was a good lesson in what is rightly called a "false economy."