5.0 out of 5 stars Let's go Voltron Force!
I grew up watching & absolutely love Voltron, so I'm biased. I know I'm in the minority, but I thought vehicle Voltron was awesome. This DVD set rocks!!
Published on July 9, 2012 by Red Menace

3.0 out of 5 stars The end of the Vehicle Voltron series
Published on June 7, 2011 by Lesley Aeschliman

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's go Voltron Force!, July 9, 2012
Red Menace (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great brings back memories, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
omg I feel like a kid again great brings back memories lets go voltron force if you are a kid of the 80's get this

5.0 out of 5 stars best tv show i ever seen, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
i watched voltron when i was a little kid it was my best tv show ever my tv show golion was the best my second best was voltron land sea and air teams then there was the voltron movie i liked it brought me back when i was a kid

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved Voltron you need these!!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
This was my favorite cartoon back in the day so i had to get these when I saw them on sale. The cases are nice and well constructed, the quality of the DVD is great on my 61" TV and I can now watch good ole Voltron whenever I want!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished the Collection, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
Needed the final volume of Voltron to complete the collection found in the special packaging. Absolutely fulfilled all my expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars The end of the Vehicle Voltron series, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
Voltron Volume 8 is a three-disc DVD set that includes the final sixteen episodes of the Vehicle Voltron series. It is packaged in a box that features Krik's vehicle on the front. The first two discs in the set contain six episodes, while the third disc contains four episodes and trailers. The trailers included on the disc are for Alteil, Berserk Remaster, Ah My Budda, and Tweeny Witches. I was extremely disappointed by the fact that the only "special feature" included on this set were trailers. I sincerely wish that the features included on Voltron Volume 6 had been spread out between the three sets, so this situation didn't end up happening.

As for the episodes themselves, it becomes even more obvious on this set just how much World Events was having to either cover up or remove completely when it came to content, especially visual content having to do with death. Unfortunately, a lot of the covering up that was done made very little sense, and ultimately weakened the story. For example, in one episode, it was claimed that the Explorer was heading to a Drule base for peace negotiations. However, it's very obvious from the visuals that they were there for an attack from the get-go; the peace negotiations were covering up the fact that our heroes were being the aggressors. There were also times in the episodes where the tone of voice and words being used in the English dub did not match up with the expressions on the characters' faces; as a viewer, I found this to be a distraction.

The worst cover-ups, however, came in the last couple of episodes in the series. For example, the edits made to the end of the second-to-last episode created a continuity error at the beginning of the final episode. Also, the cover-ups and changes also watered down the intensity of the action that is readily apparent in the visuals. In a lot of respects, I was personally disappointed with a lot of the episodes on this final set.

Personally, I would only recommend this box set to die-hard fans of Vehicle Voltron who want to own the entire series on DVD.

I wrote this review after watching a copy of this DVD that my husband and I purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Voltron Volume 8, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
the Veical Voltron is ok but it is not quit the sam as the lion force.
to many parts are needed to assimble Voltron but if you like animea
and voltron then you can give this one a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set!!, October 13, 2013
D. Jones "Bee--itch" (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
Love the set it's to bad that the vehicle Voltron did not receive the same treatment as the lions with the tin case. Other than that nice set!

5.0 out of 5 stars volton, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
I really like it a lot wish they would have made more of them where the meet the voltorn lions

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun and great stories, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Voltron Volume 8 (DVD)
lots of fun and great stories, I think even better then the lion force. must have for any 80's cartoon fan.

Voltron Volume 8
Voltron Volume 8 by Voltron (DVD - 2009)
$30.98 $8.10