5.0 out of 5 stars Cost Effective Vonage VoIP Router
This product arrived on schedule and was exactly as advertised. I know some people don't like the Vonage service, but that's not relevant to the quality of this router or the delivery of my order. Both seem very good and I'm very happy. Installation went very smoothly as well. For what it's worth, the voice quality and the service are very satisfactory to me also.
Published 15 months ago by T. Bragg

3.0 out of 5 stars May die quickly and can't recommend the service
Published 8 months ago by Dora A. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars May die quickly and can't recommend the service, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
I have this model; can't remember specifically where I bought it. I have had it for only several months. I replaced the Vonage adapter, the Linksys router, and the Roadrunner modem, and for a couple of weeks I no longer had people constantly failing to be able to hear or understand me when I called them up. There is some issue with signal drops on my line, and the problem could be Roadrunner's rather than this equipment. However, the people say I sound like I'm underwater or cutting out on the phone has consistently been the sign of a dying Vonage adapter.

What really bothers me, however, is that though I've been a fairly well satisfied Vonage customer for 7 years, when, after porting out my phone number and making sure it worked on the new phone service, I called Vonage to cancel my service, they made it very difficult to cancel service, gave me a very hard time, and tried not to cancel my service. You can't just cancel service online. I called customer service. First I got someone who insisted that my number hadn't been ported out. I checked to make sure the port was complete and the phone number working correctly on my new phone service before trying again. Then I learned that while all other Vonage customer service is available 24/7, you have to call between certain hours and talk to a special office to cancel service. Then when I called back, the customer service person insisted I tell her why I want to cancel service before she would transfer me, and I had to shout at her four times that I don't have to tell her anything, transfer me, and she actually transferred me when I told her I'd changed my payment method to a card with insufficient money available for Vonage to get their hands on it. When she put me through, a Chinese guy kept demanding to know why I was cancelling my service, and insisting that I had to do cooperations with him, before he would cancel my service. I had to shout at him six times that I don't have to tell him anything, I don't have to cooperate with him, cancel my service, NOW. He finally cancelled my service when I told him that I changed my payment method to a card with no funds available, and Vonage won't be able to get any more money from me, ever. The whole experience was completely outrageous, and at this moment, I can't recommend anything about Vonage to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost Effective Vonage VoIP Router, March 31, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, January 21, 2013
S. H. Schwartz "Technosopher" (Long Island, Land of a Thousand Beaches) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
Replaces a unit that was flooded by Hurricane Sandy. Vonage credits the purchase price to your account - just email them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vonage VDV22-VD Replaced Old Vonage Motorola VT1005V Just Fine, May 22, 2013
IlDavo (Southern California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
Though I love my Vonage phone service, my old Motorla VT1005V adapter was showing its age as phone calls frequently dropped packets (sounded "choppy.") My replacement Vonage VDV22-VD adapter functions just as the VT1005V did, but calls are clearer over the very same network. 2 months and no issue with the VDV22-D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have - Highly recommended, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
Vonage device is a must have due to its practical and easy use. Just plug, connect and call. As a traveler, it's in my brief case with my ipad. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's suppose to, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
I bought this because of the good price and my previous Vonage device had wifi that wasn't cutting it anymore. This way I can have the wifi router I want and Vonage won't get in the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd adapter makes it easy to change locations, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
At $22 for an adapter it is easy to use my Vonage service from two locations. Just go online and change the MAC address with Vonage when I get to our second home and we have our home phone number moved. It's a lot easier than taking an adapter from one place to the next. I own two of these and they have world flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement box works great!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
Old Vonage box died... Tried to fix it with no luck.
This box was easy to set up and works great so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars 23 days and counting...., April 7, 2014
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
As many frustrated customers say on Amazon: If I could rate less than one star I would. My story: In the middle of March I began the process of transferring my phone service over to Vonage. Initially, things went well; received their digital phone adapter promptly and set up was easy. Got the thing up and running with their temporary phone number-- No problem. Or, so I thought. My problem is they can't seem to get my original phone number transferred. I should mention that the actual device seems fine. If I was just reviewing the physical hardware, Vonage would receive a higher rating.

The customer service on the other hand... Is what has me seething and sitting down here ranting. I have been misdirected (re: lied to ) at least four times. Dates or time frames promised for completing my number transfer given, only to see that date / time pass. Each time I call, a "Rebecca" or "Steve" insists on having me check my wires, while they dial the temporary number to ensure my line is active. In other words, I have to jump through the same troubleshooting steps each and every call. Fine. I understand guidelines and procedures. Yet, when they promise me a date, or shoot me an email stating that everything will be done, my number transferred by such and such a time, but on the way home I dial my home number and get a recorded message telling me I'm dialing an " invalid number " for about the 40th time-- Well maybe you can understand my frustration. Besides being run around in circles, this process has cost me business, you know: Money. Luckily, I've kept my original box their unit shipped in.
I've a feeling a "return to sender" sticker may be applied to it... Along with a "stop payment" order to my bank.
Ah well, "caveat emptor" as they used to say...

5.0 out of 5 stars Far far cheaper than anything else I could find online, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Vonage VDV22-VD Digital Phone Adapter (Personal Computers)
Don't know why Vonage wanted big bucks for this replacement part, for my existing Vonage phone. They also didn't answer my emailed question as to why my phone would give one long ring, and instantly bounce to my voice mail, despite my picking it up. I'm guessing it was a sign that my original Vonage phone adapter was about to fail, after 4 years of otherwise reliable use. So don;t wait for yours to fail completely, and not have a phone for a week, buy this ahead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›