5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear, responsive adjustments, excellent scope, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rifle Scope, Dead-Hold BDC Reticle CF2-31003 (Misc.)
Vortex does not disappoint with the crossfire 2. Clear optics, responsive adjustments, dependable. I originally had this scope on a Savage Mark 2 target 22lr and it worked wonderful, especially with the BDC reticle. But I am so impressed that I am moving it up to my AR, a Smith n Wesson MP 15. Couple of things: 1. The ocular objective (the part you look through) is a little large and medium rings might not be enough to keep the magnification ring from being obstructed on the receiver of the gun. On the AR, you will want to use high rings for sure. I am using the Nikon P series scope mounts. 2. Remember that the objective is 32mm not 40mm. This concerns some people, but it doesn't look weird and it still gathers plenty of light. The 2-7 magnification range is perfect for close and medium range shooting. If you want to save a few bucks, get the standard duplex reticle, you can get it for around $110-$120. I have not found a better scope in that price range ever. I was real skeptical of Vortex at first bc my gun rack is loaded with Leupolds. But these Vortex scopes keep winning me over. This little scope is a keeper for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Scope, October 10, 2013
I put this on a 7.62x54R VEPR and I absolutely LOVE IT. It sighted in super-fast and held zero perfectly even with the substantial recoil of the rifle. The turrets have great positive locking and good resistance so I'm not worried about creep even with the recoil. The 2-7 is perfect: this scope replaced a 4x POSP scope and it is compact, crystal clear, lightweight, and generally way more scope that I could hope for $130. Vortex makes quality products in general, and this is no exception.

An illuminated reticle would be cool, but I prefer the current price point and don't need it for this rifle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scope for the price., December 7, 2013
It is very clear and bright with a clean crisp reticle.
It is backed by the Vortex lifetime warranty, a company that stands behind there products.
For the Price it is a great value, holds zero and has decent optics for the average shooter.

I wish it listed the measurements for the BDC reticle, it would make it easier to dial in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, July 30, 2014
E. Higdon (Naples italy, Iraq, Afganistan anywhere the army ships me) - See all my reviews
Vortex is a vet owned company with a good product and lifetime warranty. It's great to get a warranty with a scope at this price point.

The scope has amazing glass given it's price point. There is very little distortion throughout it's zoom range. 7x is just as useable and just as clear as 2x. The reticle is etched and bdc is only viable at 7x.
Adjustments are repeatable and audible. Adjusting it isn't as crisp as a more expensive scope but at this price point they are very well done.

So far it has maintained zero through 150 rounds of 556.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scope for the price, July 10, 2014
Good quality glass and the eye reliefs is good. Wish there was an option for a quick throw for the adjustable zoom, it's a little stiff turning by hand making it a challenge to do while looking through the scope. The adjustment might become easier after continuos usage. Still a good quality, low cost optic that I would buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, October 29, 2014
This scope is better than i thought it would be. I bought it for my SIG 716. No problems getting it to 0. Seems to be holding just fine. The glass is just as clear as my more expensive Burris. Added some scope covers from butler Creek and its exactly what I wanted. Only thing is 7 power may be a bit low for a precision rifle. You may want to consider the 3-9 model instead. I may end up with that one and move this scope down to my 10/22.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scope.........just, not so compact, July 30, 2013
J. Tallant (N. Mississippi) - See all my reviews
Read reviews here and elsewhere before deciding to buy this scope for a Marlin 336c rifle. Trust me, believe the reviews!!!! For the money, you'll have to jump up to the $200 price point to really equal what Vortex offers in this Crossfire scope. Mine is every bit the equal several of my buddies Leupold VXII 2-7x scopes in every way and bests them in having monotube construction. Even in extreme low twilight, this scope's resolving power is amazing for just being 7x. Coming very close, but not quite equaling my 1st gen Aetec, which has a much larger 44mm forward objective.
Only reason it gets 4 instead of 5stars, is that the eye relief although very generous, has a somewhat narrow eye box. Also, it isn't a sleek/compact style like the Leupolds or Burris Fullfields, as the rear objective is disproportionately larger than the front, as if it was really meant to have a 40mm front lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch glass., January 27, 2015
I bought this scope to put on an AR-15(5.56) I built for my daughter. I liked what I saw when I opened the box. Once I installed it and went to the range I really liked it. It is crystal clear and holds zero well. I installed with a cantilever mount I also bought from Amazon and it was just right. The 2 power is great for close range range work. We've gone through a couple hundred rounds and everything is still spot on. I will buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but I wanted "made in USA", February 27, 2014
I was stoked to find that Vortex makes scopes in the US, only to find that the Crossfire II 2x7 is made in China. I initially bought the US made 40mm Crossfire II for my AR, but it's just too big for my preferred shooting position in the high rings it would've required. Still the value is clearly present in the smaller version I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scope for my Mini-14!, August 25, 2013
I mounted this scope on a mini-14 and it is awesome! Worked out a ballistic chart and I was blowing up milk jugs full of water out to 350 yds...........with a mini-14!