Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 questions
vote
Not really. It is a great pocket size spotting scope. You can use the optics to make a good guess on range of something but no range finding electronics. Hope this helps.
Jun 3, 2014 by William L. Waters
votes
That's a tough one because I don't fish. That being said, this monocular is an 8 power so if you are not steady (like glassing from a rocking boat) it'd be hard to see anything because of the movement. I bought it specifically for determining range because it has a large reticle for measuring in MILS for estimating shooting distance. For fishing, I would think you might want something without a reticle to interfere with your view. You might even want to go for 7X power binoculars. As far as the quality of the monocular, it is a Vortex and is very good quality. Crystal clear image and separate reticle and objective lens focus for very detailed views. I love the small size however do notice that if not held extremely steady, it's very hard to view anything because of the shaking. This seems to occur more in magnification of 8x and higher. I think that's why a lot of binoculars are of the 7x power...easier to view without having to be super steady. Hope this has been a little bit helpful.
Nov 29, 2013 by Eric N. Spear
votes
is these night vision? Sep 16, 2013
No this Scope is not. The optics are clear and gather a decent amount of light but you need something completely different if you want to see in the dark. The basic night vision capable device has an intensifier tube that gathers the ambient light in the atmosphere and amplifies it on a plate and you actually see the image on the plate. The wave length for green is the most prominent at night so that is why you see the images with a green hue.The more sophisticated and hence more expense devices can have very clear images but they cost many thousands of dollars. The Vortex reticle has crosshairs like a rifle scope with hash marks that utilized the MRAD (Military Ranging And Distant) premise to allow you to accurately determine a known object and its distance from your viewing location. I hope this helps.
Sep 16, 2013 by chris
votes
2nd answer. If you mean the closest distance you're able to focus at? I can only guess at about 15 to 20 feet. If you mean the closest distance you can calculate by using the mildot system I would again guess as close as you can get a clear focused picture. Mine gives me a very clear picture fifty yards and out but I could not honestly tell you the minimum useful distance. KT
Aug 5, 2013 by K. Thompson
votes
Hello, This would be a good unit for ranging without a laser. With some practice you should be able to range from point blank to hundreds of yards. -Derek
11 days ago by Eurooptic LTD
votes
Yes, the image is sharp and clear on a considerably bigger distance. But I doubt that you can use reading tables or use it for target shooting in order to spot holes left from gun shots. It is a job for x20-80 scopes.
Mar 27, 2015 by Curious
votes
is this the 2nd gen? Mar 24, 2015
Didn't know there was a 1st Gen. but this is what Vortex currently make. This is professional stuff, best there is.
Mar 25, 2015 by Shin
votes
The adjustable flared eyecup is very comfortable. Its adjustable to use on either eyes. Also, if you use glasses you can twist up the flared for added comfort and viewing plus the image looks for more clear when the eye relief is flared.
Nov 17, 2014 by Leo Suarez
votes
pretty sure that official site of Vortex Optics is a better place to search for measurements, than Amazon
Jul 28, 2014 by Curious
votes
5½" long x 2¼" dia at the widest part.
Jan 24, 2014 by S. Belfi
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers