Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: 1 Plug-in|Change
Price:$5.92+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 22, 2011
I got tired of missing so many packages by delivery personnel, but I missed this package the first day it came, which reinforced my reason for needing it in the first place. Then when I got it after the weekend, there were no clear instructions except the poorly worded and badly illustrated box. It took me a half-hour to figure out how to open the door bell section, but after that and I loaded in the included battery and installed it, it was child's play. I must say, it did work very well, and I put the chime section on the wall in my office on a screw provided. It's loud, even on the "medium" setting, but it's supposed to be in order to do its job.

This device is worth the money, and works very well. The entire experience was not perfect, sort of aggravating actually, but after getting the back of the door bell open, it went very quickly. Someone with better common sense or who is more intuitive could have set it up in 5 minutes. Buy it, you won't go wrong.
55 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
It worked great... for the first few months.
It's so cheap it's not worth spending the time calling for a refund, but I thought I'd benefit others by stating what my experience was.

For the record I put new batteries, and nothing.

Update: 12/30/2013
Sorry, I changed the batteries again and now it works. Sorry for the impulsive criticism. When we make a mistake we should have the honesty of correcting it.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
This wireless doorbell works great. I installed it about 100 feet away and it works perfectly. It has 3 volume settings. I chose medium. It says it has 10 chimes when in fact it has about 38. The first one is the usual ding-dong which is what I chose. The 2nd one has the same ding-dong followed by an unintelligible voice. The only word I could make out was "door". The rest of the chimes range from the traditional Winchester chimes to classical themes that are waaay too long, unless you are expecting Cleopatra to arrive carried by slaves. There are other "spoken" greetings. You can make a game out of trying to decipher what is being said. The only other thing I would have liked was to be able to record my own sounds. If you want a traditional doorbell that is easy to install, this is it, and you can't beat the price. Here is the link to it:

Voye 72-20488 Wireless Remote Control Doorbell with 10 Different Chimes
on October 6, 2010
I recommend this product it's cheap and works great, has 8 tunes to choose, and the sound is loud and clear
on February 28, 2014
I rate the doorbell minus 0 star but they made me mark 1, But I don't lie so it is below 0.

If you would like to go nuts then this is the product made for you! I highly recommend it. For example, it rings all by itself which is great if you don't have any friends. You won't feel alone or get bored. And the people that you are conducting business with on the phone will think you are very popular because it rings maybe (If you are blessed) 15 times a day and I know it's not my service dog playing tricks on me because he retired and I live alone. That is I think I do!!!!!!

Seriously, this is the worst product I have every bought in my entire life. Please do not buy this, it will drive you insane.
44 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2013
I bought this on the basis of the reviews. What a let down!! When it advertised that it had many options for ringers, I was assuming doorbell sounds NOT a playlist of the worst songs imaginable including classical songs. WHO wants a doorbell that plays songs and not bell chimes???? not me! Also, the adhesive on the sticker that hangs up the button doesn't stick. It kept falling off! This product is a joke
on September 11, 2012
Nowhere on the ad does it state the door bell switch is not for outside use and the installation instructions are completely covered by a product stocking stikker that is impossible to remove. It is only after you receive and install this item that you learn it sounds more like a kids toy than a functioning doorbell; and only after it does some damage to your proprty that you search online and find it shoud not be installed in either rain or sunlight. I believe this item is misrepresented and I consider it one of my poorest of purchases.
on July 15, 2011
While this product was worth $11, I'm sorry I didn't go for something a little pricier. Everything about it feels cheap; the doorbell button doesn't even close well. The sound is VERY loud and the least long/annoying sound make it sound like one of those store entry notifications: "ddddddiiiiiinnnnggggg ddoonngg...ddddddiiiiiinnnnggggg ddoonngg" The rest are poor quality jingles which sound like the old nokia cell phones bad ringtones. All that being said, I am using it and probably won't replace it...
on April 29, 2012
Works quite well. The bell is loud enough to be heard unmistakably. We are using the default "Ding Dong" chime. I like the feedback light that comes on to tell visitors that the button for ringing the bell was successfully pressed.
on July 14, 2013
We bought two of these to put in our kids' bedrooms to "ring" them for meals and such when they are in their rooms distracted by electronics or friends, and no amount of yelling up the stairs can get their attention. The units are plastic, loud (even on "low"), and, yes, the tones are annoying and "tinny" sounding, but the kids liked choosing their own tone, and "Happy Birthday" and several Christmas tunes are available to change things up in the future. My concern when ordering these--since they do not have a "band" switch--was that both units would be operated by ONE doorbell button. This is not the case. Each unit--ringer and doorbell--have a UPC-like code sticker on them (instructions indicated to make sure the stickers matched each other)--and, fortunately or by design, our two units had different codes on them, so I can ring my son's room without also activating the chimes in my girls' room and vice versa. Both the ringer and the doorbell operate on batteries that are accessed by opening the BACK of the units, so I used 3M double-stick mounting tape on the BOTTOM of the ringer and propped/stuck the unit on top of the wooden molding on each kids' closet--I didn't want to have to drill holes to hang the unit, and I didn't want to use mounting tape on the back of the unit which I would need to remove from the wall and risk damaging the wall when the batteries needed replaced. Overall, even only having the units for a little over a week, we love them, and even if they only last a year, I would probably buy replacements ever year at this price--the peace of not having to yell is worth it, and the kids love it when they get an opportunity to "ring" for their brother or sister. Lastly, our doorbell buttons are hung in our 1st floor kitchen and the ringers/chimes are pretty much directly overhead on the 2nd floor, so I cannot speak much to range. Both the blue doorbell button light up as well as a little green rectangle light on the ringer when activated (but the little green light will probably not get anyone's attention unless they are looking directly at it when it's rung--however, again, the chimes are loud--realizing that we are only looking to "ring" one room and not an entire house). I also do not believe you would want to install the doorbell on an exterior surface, unless it is VERY protected from weather. These units are cheap, but work exactly as we hoped they would.