Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on April 27, 2010
My wife and I just picked this up at our local Walmart - as other reviewers mentioned, for about half the price it's listed here for. After reading the one, one-star review I was a little worried, but I was unable to replicate any of the problems they were having (granted, we live in a 2 bedroom apt w/ probably poor insulation). We tested it and it worked perfectly right out of the box. I snapped and made noises while my wife moved around the house. We had absolutely no problems with connection or anything. I snapped and made noises at multiple distances from the baby unit and no matter what it was picked up and transmitted clearly. The music is a bit goofy, but that's no big deal.
on November 6, 2011
My daughter was born Dec '09 and we've been using it ever since. I love that I can adjust the sensitivity, since while she's sleeping I don't need to hear every breath or movement now that she's older. I have never had any issues with these units, other then at first I didn't realize the batteries were rechargeable (guess I should have read the manual first) and threw away a set, but once I realized they were rechargeable I called VTECH and they sent me a new set for FREE! I was looking for another set for my parents house and am so disappointed that it's so hard to find now. We're having another child, another Dec baby and feel confident in using this monitor again.
on May 5, 2010
I bought this monitor for our 1900 2 story farm house. It's crystal clear when your in the house, but I can't even go into our attach garage without it beeping out of range. Backyard or any buildings, nope just out of range beeping. So if you are looking for free range not the monitor to buy. The music and crystal clear sound is great. I love the duel parent unit and sensitivity adjustments, for this is my fourth child and I don't need to hear every movement. However, I will be returning this monitor and getting something that will allow me more independance.
on May 30, 2012
I love this monitor no jokes about it..it has been great for us.. we went through some of the monitors in the baby r us before we found this one. Well now that our son is 2 and we are having another one on the way, i am hoping to stay with same monitor but have to find two monitor so i can hear the baby and my son. I am still not ready to let my son be on his own just yet. But i really like it..I am hoping to find same one that we can just by a single monitor to go with the receiver.
on May 29, 2010
I just bought this monitor today, and I'll be returning it tomorrow. The sound is very clear and it does work over a lond distance, but the volume doesn't go high enough. We are afraid we won't hear the baby while we are sleeping. Sorry V-Tech, I usually love your products.
on November 26, 2012
I got this baby monitor 3 years ago and loved it.. Well kids grow and your needs change and I wanted on that I could talk back to my kids instead of running up and down the stairs all day. Would buy it again in a heartbeat
on August 26, 2010
After much research, I chose to purchase the Vtech baby monitors for my first child - when she was about a year old - after our original monitors stopped working. I am very happy with how the monitor works and her bedroom is on the opposite side of our house.

Usually other reviewers are not happy with the product more out of user-error than anything. I take the receiver out with me when working in the yard and can immediately tell if I get out of range because the lights go out (which show the connection) and the receiver itself beeps at me.

I am now expecting my 2nd child and I am trying to find another Vtech monitor for his room. I did purchase my monitor originally at Walmart for around $60, but I am having trouble finding it at Walmart again so I will probably purchase off Amazon.com.

Very good product for the price!
on December 9, 2010
I bought this unit in 3/2010. It has been loosing sensitibity gradually and now it will not pick up any sound unless I talk within 6 inches from it. I bought it because of claimed long range. I don't think the range has gotten shorter. But then again I haven't tested for the range. I like Vteck cordless phones but won't buy this unit agin.