Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 21, 2009
My son got this for his first birthday, and loves it. It's got lots of different buttons for him to push, two different modes, plus the pages of the book turn, and the buttons correspond to the page. Also, it's got a microphone that really works, and he loves to listen to himself. We've got a couple of VTech toys now, and they've held up great to banging, drooling, chewing, and just generally being beat up.

I would have liked to see a couple of changes to this, although overall it's great. 1. For a piano, I sort of expected to have a full octave of keys. With only 5, it's just a little short. I also expected one of the modes to say the color of the keys when you pressed on them.
on February 21, 2013
I got this as a birthday present for my son and I thought it was going to be great and that he would have so much fun with it.... Boy was I wrong. From the time we openned the box I was disappointed. Its cheap. The microphone doesn't work. The pages flip and don't a thing. Plays the same five songs. The little drum pad breaks. Just terrible. I expected more from V Tech.
on February 1, 2015
This only got 1 star from me because my daughter loves it soo much!! If it wasn't for that reason, I would have given it a zero (if that was a possibility). I have issues with this companies products. We have 3 toys and they all only lasted about 3 months. Now they are all malfunctioning or broken all together. This includes the lady bug toy and the driving toy. This is the only one we will replace because my daughter loved it so much. The rest are trash.

After we get this one in the mail, if it breaks again (we are not rough with toys in our household), I will not get another. Its not worth spending so much over and over just to get the same result. I am very disappointed in this brand. I just hope my daughters heart doesn't break again because of another broken Vtech toy

Edit Addition: We got the replacement in. Immediately it was clicking when it wasn't played with. I should have returned it right then and there. But we managed to ignore the clicking and just turned it off when we noticed it. NOW (about 2 months later) only the music side plays, barely. The music is constantly skipping, the clicking is louder, and half the buttons do not work. And since I procrastinated and didn't return it immediately, I can't return it at all. I can't even get customer support to help me with the issue. Another one bites the dust and will no longer buy from Vtech ever again. ALL of their products have been a disappointment. AND a total waste of $$! I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am that I wasted so much money with this company. At least I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN!
on February 4, 2014
It is a nice toy for my 11-mo old baby. He had not figured how to use the mike, but turning pages and pressing buttons is fun enough for him now. However,the toy has one big issue from my point of view. While most other toys start playing quieter or stop abruptly when the battery level is low, this one keeps playing at the top volume but misses the words or notes (there are gaps in sound so that the kid cannot listen to the songs or music anymore and gets frustrated). And the battery life is not very long with it. We are using Duracel batteries and we get max 2-3 weeks out of batteries before the songs start staggering - we play it about 30min a day on average 9it also makes a clicking sound when is not used so you kind of cannot forget turning it off)
on December 15, 2014
I have purchased this product some years ago for my first granddaughter and just purchased it again for the new girls. I do however, hope that this one lasts longer than the last one did. If the first one had not been so popular with the kids I would not have purchased it again because it did not last like other VTech toys I have bought in the past and still have.
on March 5, 2010
The toy would have been fabulous except for the microphone shorting out. Now it makes this horrible, very irritating (for the parents) static sound. I may try to disable the microphone even at the risk of ruining the toy.
on October 1, 2013
We love this little toy. It is very cute. It is so cute we have purchased 2 of them. The problem is the unit's speaker blows very easily and you are left with an awful sound rather than the cute tunes it plays when new. The toy then seems possessed and will make screeching sounds when it is turned on and someone is playing with it!
Overall we like the product, but after two had the same problem it is safe to say it's life expectancy isn't that long. Too bad, it is a really fun toy for the little ones.
on December 27, 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this toy! We originally purchased it 6 months ago, but the batteries were bad and leaked inside the toy. So we had to throw it away. She missed the toy so much that we decided to purchase it again. I couldn't find it anywhere in stores so I checked online stores and this was the only site that had it. She was so happy when she saw it on Christmas day! I highly recommend this toy, it keeps her attention and she's learning.
on March 1, 2014
We have two toddlers who love playing with this toy. The only issues we encountered are that the pages easily tore from the song book and the microphone detached. I wouldn't necessarily say that this was a design flaw (the kids were not gentle with this toy) but I would have been happier if these issues didn't arise.
on December 23, 2013
My Granddaughter who will be one year old January 1st just LOVES this. She likes to make music and anything that makes noise makes her happy. It is put together very well and the price was very reasonable.