Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 8, 2012
I wanted to like this but can't. Didn't buy it here but this is what I discovered: This small version of the Vupoint handheld scanner (also referred to as magic wand jr.) uses a 4.2 V rechargeable polymer battery that's impossible to replace. Mine came with a dead battery that won't charge. Called Vupoint who instructed me to mail it back to them and they'd replace the battery for me. I searched high and low for someone online who sold these and guess what? Nobody sells them. I chose to return the scanner and purchase the larger model which takes plain old AA batteries.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2012
The product was smaller than I expected but works well. The install for the software went flawlessly. I would have thought that it would have some on board memory but I am sure excluding it keeps the price down. Over all I am satisfied with this purchase.
on August 4, 2013
This product is not effective scanning. It's more suited for a Pre-teen. Certainly not for personal or professional use. Be sure to google ratings before you purchase.
on August 21, 2013
the pdfs are OK but like all hand moved scanners, it is hard to get a straight page. but all lettering came out clear. have not used it on photos so do not know how it does on them. but is light, easy to use and does what it says.
on April 15, 2013
It doesn't come w/ an SD card so I never got it to work.

Then I looked at free apps on my phone and I was sold on returning this item.

Finally, if you're linked to a cloud like Google Plus, you can just take pics for free w/ your phone, they instantly upload to the cloud via Google Plus Instant Upload feature, and this alleged $125 value is null and void. The pics my phone takes are large, clear and always available.

Nothing against this product except it's not for everyone and yet another gadget I was duped into thinking would solve my needs but it didn't. I'd rather instant upload and have always available on a device I always have on me, versus a product that you then have to plug into your computer to access the images, file and store them.
on May 1, 2014
As far as the size & portability it was good. I was really disappointed with the OCR software that came with it. As far as the scans go, it does an excellent job & is forgiving on the unsteady hand in my opinion. I wish it already came with a replacement battery or a micro SD though.
on April 28, 2013
Well, no wonder it was so much cheaper than other scanners. Once you receive it, it tells you that you have to purchase separately some sort of adapter to connect to the computer. Also, I didn't realize it is a hand scanner, not a feed-through. It works OK.
on May 18, 2013
Small & compact, perfect for scanning expense receipts when traveling. Connects, transfers and charges with supplied cord very easily. Great product.
on October 14, 2012
I think it's worth buying considering its price. What's more important is that it works very well. Sometimes there appears a black thin line on the scanned image, but when you clean the class of the scanner, it is gone. I am still using it.
on March 8, 2012
Not bad at all.

Coloration is far from perfect but quality of B&W receipts and invoices is a great.
Resolution, contrast is good. Had no problems with scanning tempo.

Really compact and light. For the money I think it is a good buy,
(as long as it keeps working of course)

P.S. Connects as a mass-storage to mac. No software needed.