Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on April 26, 2015
Accept that this is a $20+ dog toy. At some point a Vulli founder made a deal with the devil to have the most perfect squeaky dog toy for your baby, and this is the result.

The neck is just the right size for a range of baby hands to grip.
The legs are squishy enough they don't poke a baby's eye out when they bash them in to their head, or the head of another baby.
The head is close enough to a pacifier head that it will do in a pinch.
The spots make hit hard to tell that it is covered in dried baby food so people won't judge you that it is filthy.
The squeak sounds like little happy baby cooing and won't drive you insane.
The shape makes it impossible for it to roll away so it gets out of reach less.

So accept that this is hugely expensive for what should be a $3 dog toy at PetCo. If this is on your friend's registry this is the item you buy. Their child will love it. Make sure you write in permanent non-toxic ink. "To <Baby name> with Love <your name>" on the actual toy so you get credit, because for the next 18 months this toy is going to be the only thing that makes baby stop crying, go to sleep, and cause tears to flow when it is more than 9 inches from baby's mouth.

You buy this and you are a hero. All other squeaky toys are inferior.

The stuffed toy is cute, and better for a little older. I don't know if it is confusing to have your best friend come in two flavors, rubber and fuzzy. I guess it is like having someone to cuddle, and someone to chew on, so that's not that weird... :-)
on January 10, 2012
My daughter loved her original sophie the giraffe and lost it. I ordered this set as a replacement but after playing and chewing on it for a short time the spots started coming off. We also noted that the color of the spots were different from the original. She also was not interested at all in the stuffed giraffe. I returned this and got another replacement at a store nearby that is same as the original and she loves it and the spots are staying put!
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2013
Beware if you buy this. On the one I received, the handpainted Sophie had two fingerprint smudges that seem to not be removable. The packaging looks cute, but the zipper at the top of it is not properly connected. On the stuffed Sophie, it looks like the neck will break soon. Because this is for a time-restricted gift, I can't return it for a replacement. I'm sorely disappointed in the quality of the product. I hope the recipient likes it more than I do. I really shopped for a long time to try to find something that I thought would be just perfect for this adorable baby!
on July 26, 2012
I was excited! Almost bought this since I thought it was made in France. The rubber toy may be made in France, but I opened the package to see the tag on the PLUSH SOPHIE... it's made in China! Um, no thanks!
0Comment34 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
My son had the rubber Sophie and it was pretty much the ONLY toy he played with from 3-6 months and remained extremely attatched to it until he was over a year old. I bought this set for my 3 1/2 month old for Christmas and was not disappointed. She LOVES her rubber Sophie and although the stuffed Sophie is a big big for her now, I believe she will really enjoy it in a couple months. It has a gentle bell sound and is soft and cuddly. Highly recommended!
on April 18, 2013
The rubber Sofie is great. There are all kinds of chewing points and it is made in France. The soft Sophie is made in China but try and find a soft toy that isn't. My only complaint is that the soft Sofie is much smaller then what is pictured. It is barley larger that the rubber Sophie. Need to update the picture Amazon. If you are waffling that the price check out the video on Sophie.com ([...] it is what sold me.
on January 15, 2013
My children had this and now my grandaughters do! Had to have one at Nana's house too. Great find for Christmas.
on February 24, 2014
My tiny grandson can't get enough of chewing the rubber giraffe and ignores the stuffed one, so I recommend just buying the rubber one, unless you have a thing for giraffes, and then you might as well buy both.
on May 25, 2013
The combination of these two toys is great. Sophie is our granddaughter's favorite no matter what form. These two were a great buy!
on April 7, 2013
My son loves playing with the soft toy. He also loves to chew on Sophie and make her squeak. I'm glad I found this online!