4.0 out of 5 stars We love Sophie
Published 20 months ago by Tanya Bruce

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY - THESE ARE FAKE!!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:51 Mins
Published 12 months ago by j.s.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY - THESE ARE FAKE!!!, August 23, 2013
Length:: 0:51 Mins

I have a 2 year old and recently had triplets. I have a Sophie left over from our 2 year old, but wanted to purchase 2 more for the triplets. I thought this was a great, easy and economical way to order them. However, when we received them, I noticed right away that one of them did not squeak. The other once barely squeaked. I was very perplexed by this since these are supposed to be very nice teethers and are pricey. So I looked into it further. I compared these 2 to the one I already had and noticed several differences:

1) The squeaks were the most obvious difference. The "real" sophie squeaks extremely well, you barely have to press it and it makes the squeak noise. Even if you press on his neck, a nice squeak comes out. With these 2, they barely squeak at all!

2) There are serial numbers on the back of sophie's second leg. The "real" sophie has a very pronounced and PROTRUDING serial number. These 2 have barely visible indented numbers. Extrememly different than the real Sophie.

3) The coloring is slightly different. The real sophie has a brighter/darker pink color for its tongue and cheeks versus these 2 sophies.

4) The "real" sophie's front leg is slightly more bent than these 2 sophies.

It's hard to imagine that these are authentic sophies. I believe they are counterfeit and will be returning them. If they are counterfeit, I do not know where they were made and what they were made out of and I don't want my babies chewing on them!!! I'm glad I had another sophie to compare it with, otherwise I would never have known, which is what I bet they are counting on with unsuspecting buyers. PLEASE SEE MY VIDEO and PHOTOS WHICH CLEARLY SHOW THE DIFFERENCES.

4.0 out of 5 stars We love Sophie, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
My son loved Sophie to an unreasonable extent so I have been buying this toy as a gift for any baby showers I attend. Two of my cousins were having babies (due the same day) so I went ahead and bought the double pack. I was disappointed that both toys were shoved into one single package. I hoped they would each have their own box. I ended up using one of the toys as a decoration on the top of the wrapped gift, so that worked out fine, but I wanted to warn anybody else who was wondering the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baby Teether, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
My daughter LOVES this giraffe. She's 6 months and has been chewing up Sophie since she was about 3 months. She likes to chew on her face too! The rubber is soft on her gums unlike the hard plastic teethers and Sophie is pliable so she can move and manipulate her easily. She smiles when Sophie squeaks!

The only drawback is that it closely resembles a dog toy so our dogs are always aware of where Sophie is because they as well would like to chew her up! Our pretty aggressive chewer did get ahold of her once and she survived so she's one tough Giraffe!

If Sophie gets wet the squeaker will stop working temporarily - just let her dry out and she'll start squeaking again!

This is our go to baby shower present now! I'm a bit of a shopaholic and have tried ALOT of baby products out, this is by far our favorite (so far)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vulli Sophie the Giraffe, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
Sophie is very cute. Granddaughters love them. They are expensive, but I search for toys for our little ones that are NOT made in China and do not have nasty paint or other toxins in them. The parents want safe fun toys for their babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!!, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
Sophie is worth every penny!!! This is a perfect toy to purchase for a little one who is starting to hold toys and mouth them! I bought one for my little girl when she was 6 months old, and she is 18 months old now and still loves it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Color & rubber came off. Smelt bad. Looked ugly. Overpriced!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
Defective material. When we opened the box, color & rubber particles were peeling off the giraffe, and it smelt bad.
We cleaned it, but it became worse. It also looked ugly, and baby would not touch it. Thanks Amazon for easy return!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for a quality product, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
This is a very high quality European baby teether and what a great deal for a set of 2. Come in 2 separate boxes so it's a great gift for two different people! Kids love Sophie. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suspected fake Sophie from BabyHaven, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
Purchased on Amazon with confidence, however when I received these I immediately noticed the texture of the giraffe was rough compared to the one I already had at home. It also was a different size, color and smell. I suspected it was fake and did some internet searching. No serial number on any of the legs. Then I saw other reviews on Amazon saying some of these are fake. Do not buy from Amazon. Save yourself the trouble and go to Toys R Us or a reputable retail store. Very disappointed. Even my baby could tell and didn't like this one. Thankfully, Amazon is issuing me a full refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars fake ones, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
it smells unpleasantly, like synthetic rubber. not a native customer in us. no need to take more to return. i had to let them away from my twins. amazon should not have forwarded them to customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock-off, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2 (Baby Product)
Looks like I received a defect. After I removed "Sophie" from the package, I gave it a rinse and the spots from one side came off. Then some of the black from the eyes washed out. So weird. Package said it was made in France but my guess was China. Good thing I didn't let my baby have it who knows it could have been lead paint! ? I hope the seller looks into this.

Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether Set of 2