Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 18, 2013
I just received this today and I am rather disappointed at how different this is from the existing one in our home...we bought an extra for daycare and the differences are so obvious it really does make me wonder how this could come from the same manufacturer. If there is something going on where these products are being manufactured differently from the originals, Amazon should disclose this information, yet there is no mention of that in the description. I am truly puzzled - the smaller Vulli is COMPLETELY different just by weight alone, there is no density to it and it is flimsy and most definitely NOT the same as the one we got originally from Nordstrom. Subsequently our 6 month old daughter seems much less interested in chewing on this and kept throwing it on the floor whereas she absolutely loves the other one we have from Nordstrom. I would caution any considering buying this on Amazon to NOT let the price make the decision, as you will end up with two useless tethers that are questionably made and makes me a little concerned about the materials going into my daughter's mouth. I can't even return them because I washed them right out of the box and gave them to my daughter. This is priced well compared to the price in stores, but it was definitely money wasted for us.
on November 15, 2012
I bought this duo for 2 grandsons, aged 6 months and 18 months. My thinking was, the Sophie Teether for the infant, and the real giraffe for the bigger one who always wants what the the little guy has. What has happened, is that they both prefer the original Sophie. It is adorable, soft, easily manuevered.....and it squeaks. I suggest buying 2 Sophies - you'll be happy and so will the kids!
on May 30, 2016
I really wanted to like this teether set, as I think the giraffes are adorable, however my daughter paid no attention to these things when she was teething. She preferred the cheaper teethers that could go in the refrigerator, or frozen washcloths. As others have said the larger Sophie that squeaked reminded me of a glorified dog toy. It had the feel of a dog toy, and the same squeak. My daughter would play with it every once in a while, if we played with it and squeaked it, then she wanted to play with it as a squeak toy, rather than using it as a teething toy, however she usually lost interest in it rather quickly.
The smaller Sophie with the teething rings was smaller than I expected but not bad. My daughter did chew on that from time to time as I think she liked how the little bumps felt on her gums. It was also easy for her to hold, the problem, it was constantly lost!
Had I known she really wasn't going to be that into these things I would have saved my money and bought more of the teethers she did like.
Overall its not a bad set, but I think its a bit overpriced for what you get, and not all kids like these things!
on July 25, 2015
Great product! Forget all the knock offs, the original Sophie is the real deal. Both my boys loved holding onto her when they were teething but also because it was perfect for their little hands and it squeaks! I bought the set after I had my second baby because I loved the original so much I knew I would love the ring design as well. It didn't dissapoint. Very welll made product, easy to clean and adorable.
on May 11, 2015
This IS the coveted gift for a baby shower - and to have the new teether as part of the package - well - PERFECT!! The
squeals of delight from all of the other moms at this baby shower says it all - every baby should have Sophie - and now the
youngest ones can start out with the teether toy as well - great idea!
on November 2, 2012
My grandson LOVES his original Sophie teaching giraffe and I got him the bathtub toy and the new vanilla teething ring and he LOVES them too...I highly recommend these for all the babies in your life!
on May 25, 2015
Both of my kids loved these toys, though I will say that that the little giraffe was in a box that claimed the toy was "vanilla-flavored".... I went ahead and had a lick myself and can tell you it tastes like rubber eraser, NOT vanilla lol. But the babies loved it so that's all that mattered!
on June 18, 2013
My son is only 3 months (Friday). Although his teeth arent coming in yet he Loves Sophie!! He hasnt taken to Sophie with handles" yet but I'm sure she'll come in handy as well when his teeth come in since the handles have the different textures! I dont really enjoy the "squeak" in the reg.Sophie. Sounds very much like a Dog toy.. but I guess i'll learn to deal.

He adored the reg. Sophie! Even without teeth! Pretty expensive for a small toy but if he's happy I'm happy.

Thank You!
on August 2, 2014
Sophie is a softer rubber than other teething toys and our daughter loves it. It has become her comfort toy and still chews on it, plays with it and cuddles with it 1 year later. Definitely worth the money!
on April 17, 2014
I had seen the squeaky toy before and loved it. I have since ordered the toy as a gift for two different babies. The teether makes a good addition to the squeaky toy as a gift set, and the name Sophie is unique and clever. I do feel it is a little overpriced.

See 1 answered question