Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Questions & Answers
Vulli Sophie giraffe in Natural Rubber
by Vulli
4.3 out of 5 stars (5,054)
$23.20
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 questions
votes
Definitely not too old...he has many more teeth to come.
Nov 18, 2009 by E. Wilkins
votes
Whatever you do, don't submerge her in bath water, or in the sink, or in the dishwasher. Her squeaker will stop working, and, as you mentioned, some of the water that gets in is IMPOSSIBLE to get out. We had to retire Sophie for fear of mold.
Dec 17, 2010 by Oregonian
votes
Yes, made in France............NOT CHINA
Oct 7, 2010 by M. Davis
vote
My son does. He is 11 months old with 4 teeth (and 2 more on the verge of breaking through). I think it is extremely similar to a dog toy, which can take quite a bit of abuse from chewing. In fact, it is scary how much like a dog toy it is. Of course, that does not stop my son from loving his Sophie! Sophie is a fun shape, a good size for small hands to hold, it obviously feels good on sore gums, and she gets a laugh every time she squeaks. My little boy loves her!
Aug 7, 2009 by A Teacher
vote
There was never an "official" recall on Sophie. What happened was that Sophie was found by a third party to contain a higher level of Nitrosatable content than allowed in order to conform to the European Safety Standard for teethers and soothers. In response Vulli changed their processing sometime in 2012 and offered a voluntary exchange program for Sophies purchased in Germany. Vulli wont say when exactly the formulation was changed but the new safety test report that showed the reduced Nitrosatable content came out April 2012. Sophie has always conformed to US Safety Standards so anyone who purchased a Sophie before the formulation change in the USA were not considered eligible for the exchange program. Sophie the Giraffe is such a popular toy that I would be surprised if any of the older Sophies are still currently "on the shelf". If you want to be sure however the batch number on Sophies leg reveals the manufacture date. My Sophies number is 322060. The last four numbers are the ones you want. The third number on mine (2) stands for the year... the 2 on mine represents 2012. The following three numbers (060) are the day of the year, the 60th day of the year in 2012 was February 29th. So my Sophie was manufactured February 29, 2012, probably right before the formulation change. I hope that makes sense and is helpful to everyone.
Feb 4, 2014 by MamaNature
vote
A gift card. By the 3rd child you already have a lot of things from the first two children that you can reuse but a gift card gives them the flexibility of buying something down the road that they'll need.
Jan 26, 2011 by SoCalAvAZ
vote
Yes, of course it will. You'd better stock up if you even think you might possibly need to be a better parent.
Mar 11, 2013 by A. Khan
votes
Yes, I was able to return my Sophie for a full refund. Purchased in May, used in November and returned in December. I did choose to receive an Amazon.com credit, which may have had something to do with the hassle free return. I did have to mail the toy back (without manufacture's packaging), but Amazon paid for the shipping. If the Sophie I received from Amazon was not fake, then the maker needs to rethink quality control. As I stated in my review the Sophie I received was very low quality compared to the one I found instore at a local retailer. Flimsy feel, strong rubber/latex smell, dusty/powdery, paint rubbed off with finger and instantly dissolved away when wet.
Jan 7, 2012 by LakerLady
votes
The insert that comes with Sophie notes that each Sophie toy is handpainted, and no two Sophie's are the same, so I would expect the coloring and spots to be different on each toy.
Mar 25, 2015 by tricia
votes
Sophie's legs are hollow.
Oct 26, 2013 by Kathy
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers