Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vulli Sophie la Girafe
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 31, 2012
My 5.5 month old just loves his sophie. He will chew on it all day long. I did notice, as other reviewers mentioned, that the paint is starting to rub off a little in the places he chews the most.
Also, I was thankful to read the reviews on the choking hazard, so I can be extra careful in the future when letting him play with her on his tummy.
on October 17, 2011
Shipping was extremely fast and my son immediately loved this teether. A little pricy but worth it for any baby getting some new teeth or just to entertain themselves! Would definitely recommend this item
on December 11, 2011
I got Sophie as gift and was shocked at the cost for a squeaky toy! I don't think that I would have ever spent that much on what looks like such a simple toy. Surprisingly though my son loves Sophie! She has been the only thing on occasion that cheers him up and mid-tears he'll hear here squeak and smile. I'm very grateful that someone bought her for us and I always recommend her to other new parents. She makes a great teether and is a lifesaver if her squeak makes your child as happy as mine!
on March 18, 2013
My son loves Sofie, not always to chew on her but to swing her around by the neck and make her squeak really quickly.
She is easily cleanable. The only issue we had was the dog confusing Sofie with his squeaky toys, but that has been resolved quickly.
on March 19, 2012
My 18month old started teething around 5months and this toy was so helpful. The fact that it's all natural rubber makes me feel good about giving it to my daughter. She first started off nibbling on it's ears and since worked her way down to it's legs. She seems to love this toy and it has made the teething process so much easier, considering she chomps down on the poor giraffe!
on June 4, 2009
I JUST got this in the mail. Very cute toy. My nearly one year old daughter likes the squeaker. But so does the dog! She's getting teeth in almost every month so this will come in handy. I love the background story that was included.
on December 7, 2012
I recieved Sophie as a shower gift. My baby is five months old now and Sophie is part of his morning routine. After his first feeding, he sits in his bouncer chair and gnaws on Sophie while I enjoy my breakfast. The rubber is soft, the squeak is not annoying, and there are plenty of giraffe bits jutting out for the baby to enjoy.
on May 12, 2009
I was so happy to find this natural rubber teether. It's a cute design and an appropriate size. It's light enough that it will be easy for a baby to manipulate, but of a substantial enough size that I don't think it will be easily lost.
on July 6, 2013
My daughter has had this giraffe since she was about 4 months and has loved it since day one. She is currently 8 months and still loves to suck on it, chew on it, squeak it, or just "pet" it. Great toy, and totally worth the price.
on November 15, 2009
I got this toy as a shower gift when I was pregnant with my son. I had no clue what it was, and was surprised to see it at the top of bestseller/wish lists. I didn't get the hype at all, and I put it in the back of the nursery closet and forgot about it.

My son is now 6 1/2 months old, and though he's not cutting teeth, he's in the middle of the drooling-putting-everything-in-his-mouth phase. We have several teether toys, and he'll play with them, but not for very long. Most of them are too hard or heavy, even though they're supposed to be teethers. We were sitting in the den playing yesterday morning, and my son once again put his teether toy to his mouth a little too quickly, and bumped himself and started crying. Somehow, I randomly thought of the Sophie teether, went and found it and washed it.

OMG......my son has never taken to a toy like this! The entire giraffe is soft, so he can beat away on just about anything, including himeself, and he's fine! The toy has a lot more give then traditional plastic teether toys, so he really feels like he's chewing on something, which is what he wanted to begin with! There is definitely a smell to it, and the package will tell you that as well....but it hasn't been a problem thus far. I only noticed it when I first took it out of the packaging.

Anyway, to sum it up, I absolutely love this teether, and so does my son! He can hold it, chew on it, you name it. The ONLY thing I wish it had was some way to attach rings to it so I could attach it to his chair/seat/etc. It's already been thrown onto a restaurant floor! However, it's super easy to clean! I highly recommend it!