Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 283 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on July 15, 2012
My daughter loves Sophie, but we received her as a gift from Amazon. Upon purchasing another one, we discovered the one from Amazon was a fake. The squeaker broke, no blush on cheeks, rough surface, paint peeling off, and legs were not smooth and had pits/divots etc. Sad that someone is doing this, but don't buy here til Amazon resolves. Also, please monitor your child while they are using Sophie. The legs are a choking hazard.
on August 20, 2013
When I ordered Sophie I was excited that it was suppose to do sooooo much for pleasing my grandson. Well, he doesn't use it, the squeak does nothing to get his attention and for what you pay for it, it's NOT worth the money. With ALL the Hype, I thought SOPHIE would have been a wonderful teether, but there are many other things that pleases him more that I should have purchased instead, the Teeting rings are easier for them to HOLD and feel GOOD on the gums. When COLD. Keep your money and get the colorful rings you can place in the freezer, your child or grandchild will be much happier.
on August 30, 2013
The design of the animal is perfect for babies that want to grab an object. But I became really scared when my baby began to teeth and chewed the foot off the toy. I was surprised that this toy hadn't been recalled to correct how thin the plastic is in in the leg areas. The paint (spots) also came off in several places! I didnt like that it came apart so easily, great idea for product, poor making of it (wonder if it is a amazon knockoff product and not the real Sophie as seen in the stores)
on December 18, 2011
I finally caved in and bought a Sophie after hearing a LOT of people talking about how amazing it was, and how much their child loved it. To us, it wound up being an expensive toy that was easily "lost in the sauce." There was nothing magical about Sophie for my child, he actually wanted nothing to do with it. I unfortunately feel like it was a waste of money, and there was no instant and inseparable attraction to Sophie for our child. This leads me to believe - it's the child, not the toy that makes Sophie a success or failure.
on March 16, 2011
I really wanted to love Sophie. I received her as a shower gift and loved all my girlfriends' stories about how I'd have this adorable giraffe hanging out of my baby's mouth day and night. No such luck.

Despite vigorous enthusiasm and presentation of Sophie, at 10 months of age my baby has only "really" played with her one time. I have no idea why my girl has rejected "the" toy babies the world over love, but it goes to show you that no one thing is appealing to all babies!

She does, however, like the squeaking mushroom that Vulli make :)
on January 23, 2016
Our first Sophie was great but we needed to replace it because the ears started to get chunks coming off from being chewed on so much after the front teeth came in.
The Sophie the giraffe box was messed up (poor shipping packaging) but the Sophie itself had green stuff on it a few places - gross and unacceptable for a brand-new item, especially one that goes in an infant's mouth. I wanted to return it for a replacement but was only given the option for a refund. That wouldn't have been so bad except that now the price is $5 more. Two stars for the green stuff.
on May 7, 2016
When I bought a Sophie for my son four years ago, the quality was wonderful and the paint job lasted through the millions of washes. This one, however, after a few washes, Sophie is all but naked. Her spots are gone, her eyes are gone... it's unacceptable, especially with the high price tag. My daughter loved her Sophie while she lasted, but I no longer feel comfortable with her chewing on a toy who's paint is coming off... and it is way too expensive to buy a new one.
on March 1, 2016
The toy from my childhood in Paris...not so much. The black paint was smearing off right out of the package and it tasted so bitter ( must be the healthy real rubber)I couldn't believe any baby would consider teething on it. My son didn't care for it at all. The dog was eying it though...
on October 9, 2013
This toy is fantastic in that my 6-month old absolutely adored it. It was not a cheap toy - cost right around $20, and for a squeaky toy, this is a lot. Unfortunately, after just about a week of playtime, the squeaker device inside of Vulli Sophie became detached and was rattling around inside the toy and not working. I figured it was just a defective toy and since he loved it so much, I returned to Amazon (great return policy) and ordered another Sophie. Pretty much the same sequence of events happened. Although the squeaker did not become detached and rattle around inside of the toy as it did the first time, after about one week to ten days of use, the squeaker stopped working and the funny noise that really caught my little boy's attention was now gone. I returned (and Amazon accepted) again, but this time I am not ordering another replacement.

For $20, a toy should be built to last and its quality should be outstanding, especially when you consider that you are paying $20 for a squeaky toy that normally costs around $3, which is a price that, if the noise maker stops working, you can at least live with and understand. Although I love the concept of this toy and my child loved it as well, I cannot get past the quality issue, especially given the price, which is the justification for this poor review.
on January 4, 2016
I bought this item based on reviews. My baby seemed to want something harder to chew on. He was not interested in it as a teether. Also, you have to be careful because the legs made him choke when he stuck them in his mouth to far. We've had the giraffe for a few months now and it's filthy looking.