Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on April 7, 2012
Great album! 'Vulnerable' truly has a perfect mix of the music style Used fans know and love along with a positive feel to it. There are catchy "gross pop" anthemy songs like 'I Come Alive', 'Put me Out', 'Give me Love', and 'Moving On'. There are songs like 'Hands and Faces', and 'Machine'(bonus song) that are fun and "new sounding" with different interesting change ups throughout the songs. 'This Fire', is a beautiful empowering song. I love hearing strings and piano mixed in, it's very reminiscent of 'In Love and Death' in that way.'Now That Your Dead' is such a stand out song, the intro is creepy and movie esque then it just rocks the whole way through. "You're not with Jesus Christ, you're just gone" Badass.

'Kiss it Goodbye' is another hard hitting song from beginning to end, Bert's beatboxing at the end of it cracks me up. The loveable melodic balady songs on this record are of course 'Together Burning Bright' and 'Getting Over You'. 'Hurt No More' is one of my favorites too, it's a sad but lovely song. Very one of a kind song on this album. I would say this album falls second place for me. 'In Love and Death' will always be number one just because of the sentimental attachment I have to it, and what it got me through by the power of music.

'Vulnerable' is a 5/5 for me. Bert's voice sounds strong and full of range. His screams hit hard. My only gripe is the album cover is kinda plain. I love when they collaborated with Alex Pardee on other covers.
on March 27, 2012
Wow! is all I can say. The used have really outdone themselves with this album. Bert's vocals are on a new level with this CD, which brings back some of the angst found in the first two albums and blends it with a more mature sound. It's quite clear that a lot of thought and effort went into this one!
on April 11, 2012
The Used's new CD "Vulnerable" is from front-to-back a huge undertaking that delivers on every level. For the first time, you can hear The Used's complete passion for music. It's syncopated, modern, there are brave time signatures and yes, it's extremely catchy, with every song delivering a very clear portrait of the angst and love that this album metaphorically represents. Not directly going down same the path of several of their contemporaries by providing us with a concept CD, The Used take the high road and let the listeners engage in their story (and there is a very clear message and story here) by letting the sound create a universe. In other words, there is no direct reference to a character such as a "Pink" from "The Wall" or the less important "Patient" from "The Black Parade". This is a real story and it's very easy to feel... not only through Bert's lyrics and passion but also through the entire bands' melodic, pounding tonality. In all honesty, there isn't one skip song on this album and should be listened to as a whole to really feel it. Great work. You would really be missing something special by not purchasing this masterpiece. Support the artist. The Used are an indie band so please give back to them and show your appreciation for them giving us "Vulnerable".
on August 19, 2013
This is The uUsed I've always known and loved! Going back to their roots, but giving us new sounds at the same time. I love the variety of harder songs that are reminiscent of Sound Effects and Over Dramatics from In Love and Death album. There are also slower, softer songs and of course the unexpected quirky ones where Bert's laugh and playfulness really shine through. All in all, I love this album, I am happy I purchased it and I suggest it to the fans and people whom love music that is different and at times uncategorizable.
on December 10, 2012
Physically wise, the product made it in great condition. Now, if you're a The Used fan you might want to get this one, but if you're just waiting and wanting for another self-titled, this is not it. Vulnerable has more a ring to Lies for the Liars, if anything. Songs are a bit more enlighted than in their previous record Artwork.

The band has grow and I love that they keep trying to push their boundaries in their sound, mixing different genres, it deserves all the listens it can get.
on July 3, 2014
If your a fan of the band buying this is a no brainer.
on June 12, 2014
I waited a a few months before Imaginary Enemy to buy this album. I kept meaning to buy it and time flew by quickly. I have been a fan of The Used and seen them live many times. They always take a new approach to each album. Some people said they don't like the last few albums, but people say that about bands they stop following. I really have not been let down by any of their albums. some of the songs that get stuck in my head from Vunerable are Give Me Love, Shine, Hands and Faces, Machine, and Kiss It Goodbye. I can't really comment on a favorite so I went with catchy songs. Look, if you have procrastinated like myself then BUY this album already!!!
on January 1, 2014
The Used never disappoint. The sounds on this album are unlike anything we've heard them play before. Definitely happy with the purchase.
on June 26, 2013
this album is too good. i love the remixes and bonus songs so much! and i definitely don't mind having two copies of vulnerable around. :0)
on March 14, 2013
Great value at $5 for probably my favorite Used album next to "In Love and Death." Great diversity in the songs and very catchy.