Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 16, 2012
I purchased this to scan client records instead of paying for copying since I use electronic databases anyway. I was hoping this would be a time saver. Not at all. First, as stated, it does not come with a micro SD. Since it did not say it was required to operate the device I was okay with this. Well, it needs one to function. That was a trip to Best Buy and $12 extra. Second, the WiFi connect is slow so I had to wait several minutes to ensure my documents scanned correctly. I tried both my cell phone and computer. Using the connector to my laptop was faster. Third, the paper has to be completely flat on a completely flat surface or you get crooked lines and unreadable text. Literally a crumb throws it off. Papers that were folded were very problematic and turned out hard to read. Fourth, I lost a whole bar of battery in under an a half hour just practicing using it. So I can only imagine how many batteries I would need for this.

My smartphone works much better; it takes better pictures of documents, the images are readable even if a folded paper, I can crop image easily and I can instantly send them via email. I'm going to continue to use my phone!
on December 24, 2013
I choose 4 stars because of the ease of use, scanning quality, and quick transfer abilities.

What I liked:
1) Easy to get started. Up and running in minutes.
2) Easy settings. After picking image quality and image mode, it runs with a single button.
3) Image quality
4) Easy to pop the SD Card into a PC or transfer images via USB cable. Also includes imaging software.
5) Works best when combined with the $15 scanning table accessory.

What I disliked:
1) Needs option for a USB Power connection. Drains batteries after about 80 pictures.

2) HIgh contrast images are overexposed (e.g. new receipts with a white glossy background). No problems with any other image type. Flat matte images such as old papers or photos work well.

Recommend for:
- Digital archiving of frail papers or images in combination with the scanning table
- Travel
- Gifts
on December 7, 2012
i'm scanning less than 20 documents per set of alkaline batteries. otherwise results and features are pretty good. recommended for occasionally use.
on March 12, 2013
With a steady hand and reasonable expectations for a hand held scanner you can expect some reasonably good scans. I usually scan some articles off science magazines for my Evernote library. This scanner works well for that. You can simply hook it up to the USB port of your computer and simply drag and drop the scans into your Evernote notebooks from the microSD folder. However, this scanner has some serious usability flaws! First, the small LCD screen makes it difficult to read the current settings which all appear at the periphery of the screen within the shadow of the bezel. The format button (which erases the microSD memory) is middle and center and too easy to press by mistake! In a few occasions I had to remove the batteries to abort an accidental formatting of my memory card. There is no cancel button. Setting the date is a primitive process that needs to be repeated every time you change the batteries!(I've discovered that you can preserve the time settings if you hookup your scanner to the USB before changing the batteries). And you will change the batteries FREQUENTLY. Even if you don't scan anything but leave the scanner OFF for a few days your will almost certainly need new batteries when you come back to reuse it (and that is with the WI-FI off!)For transferring to the computer the Wi-Fi is functional but impractical. I no longer use it and I always favor the USB cable which is faster and easier to pair with my computer. Instead of the scanner acting as a router I would have liked the Wi-Fi to permit the scanner to connect to my home network and transfer the files automatically to my computer, like the Eye-Fi 4 GB Connect X2 SDHC Class 6 Wireless Flash Memory Card (EYE-FI-4CN-FF). VuPoint will have to work on these issues before they really have a useful hand held scanner on the market.
on October 23, 2013
Good, fast, good quality scans, it works as expected. But for the wi-fi the device acts like a personal access point that you should connect. Of course you have to disengage from your wi-fi network wich is less than ideal. If you are on the move then this may be practical because your device will try automatically to connect to the scanner.
Also, no automatic preview: when the wifi is the scanning is disabled automatically.
on December 1, 2012
I am an IT Manager and have access to a lot of products but this is by far the best scanning tool ever. I take it with me to meetings, shopping, when i visit relatives etc. I have scanned items in stores such as fabrics, greeting cards, and pictures. This scanner is fast and produces very high quality jpegs and PDFs. It uses 2 AA batteries and a micro sd card. If I could improve this product I would change the battery to a rechargeable lithium battery. I highly recommend this product. It's the gift I'm giving to my nieces in college. They're going to love it.
on February 19, 2015
It just didn't work for me. Well, It worked, but, it took allot of messing with and in the end the result was not anything like a flatbed scanner. I got this for my wife and there was no way that she would want to go through all the fuss just so she could email docs instead of faxing.
on January 1, 2013
This portable scanner has worked great for me. I was able to scan 100 pages from a document and it only took 15 minutes. The clarity is of great quality.
on January 19, 2013
This is the gadget you should buy If you need to scan small documents on the go (up to 20 pages in each place).

Portable, lightweight and has very good speed.

I'm giving a 4 and not 5 because it does not come with a case and you still need to install OCR software in your computer.
on March 9, 2014
Vupoint was more concerned on external cosmetic and first impact. Carry a magnifier glass with you to read the screen, spare batteries, and a microfiber cloth. The red color is not in the plastic, bu painted in like the old Revell model ship.