Shop Fox W1756 43-Inch Wide-Belt Sander with 25 HP Motor
This wide-belt sander was built especially for shops that make tables or custom doors up to 43-inches wide. The adjustable platen and variable speed conveyor allow unsurpassed control over final sanding results, which is essential when working with various types of hardwood. Loaded with proven and highly-effective features, this workhorse delivers great workpiece finishes quickly and consistently.
The W1756 sander features an adjustable felt platen and graphite slip for those extra sensitive sanding operations. The platen position allows for three basic types of sanding. The platen up position allows the front roller to remove large amounts of material for aggressive sanding, the platen even position levels the platen with the rollers for a smoother finish and the platen down position allows the platen to perform the majority of the sanding leaving an extremely smooth and flat finish.
Variable Speed Conveyor Belt
The variable speed conveyor is an important feature for achieving the best sanding results on various species of wood. The ability to adjust the conveyor speed between 16 and 60 feet per minute allow for better finishes on soft or hard wood. The speed dial is attached to the feed belt motor and allows for easy speed changes.
Built to Last
The W1756 Wide-Belt Sander has been specially designed to provide many years of trouble-free service. Close attention to detail, ruggedly built parts and a rigid quality control program assure safe and reliable operation.
Specifications and Features
- Sanding belt motor: 25 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 64/32A
- Belt feed motor: 2 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 6/3A
- Table elevation motor: 1/4 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 1.2/0.6A
- Pressure roller type (double): Rubber
- Infeed drum: Spiral grooved rubber
- Outfeed drum: Steel
- Belt roller diameter (each): 4-inch
- Platen: Micro adjustable graphic/felt
- Sanding belt size: 43-by-60-inch
- Maximum board dimensions: 43 W x 6-inch H
- Minimum board length: 14-inches
- Conveyor speeds: Variable, 14 - 60 FPM
- Surface speed of drums: 2,200 FPM
- Convenient control panel with separate switches for each motor
- Amp meter load sensing system
- Disc brake system for emergency stops
- Double infeed and outfeed pressure rollers
- Fast belt changes (takes less than 30 seconds)
- Pneumatic sanding belt oscillation control
- Digital readout to within 0.005-inches
- Variable feed speeds
- (5) 4-inch dust ports
- Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
- *440V operation requires the purchase of additional components
- Approximate shipping weight: 2,490 lbs.