Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: W300 Light Grey Wool Trooper Hat
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 11, 2011
I don't normally take the time to write a review of the products which I buy on Amazon, but in this case I will.

What a great hat! It's everything I expected and more. It's warm, good looking and affordable. It's well made and overall has a little better quality of workmanship than I had anticipated.

The only minor improvement I could suggest is that it needs to be available by hat size, instead of "one size fits all". It was a little too loose if you were envolved in any substantial outside physcial activity.

Bad Winter.......Good Hat ..... Good Buy!
on November 26, 2011
I bought this hat because I'll be working overnight shifts outside at a ski resort this winter. I took it out last night to see how it would work out over the season. It was about 20F out and I had to switch hats due to sweat. This is a seriously warm hat that I would recommend to anyone that needs to be out in the cold.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
I got his hat as a Christmas gift and couldn't be happier. I received the trooper hat in Black. It's so thick and warm I highly recommend it for the winter months. This hat has a comfortable faux fur with a plastic buckle. This hat has clearly kept me warm, most recently when I had to shovel snow to clear out the driveway. A must buy for all
on January 29, 2012
This hat is really warm. The faux fur is very soft to the touch. You can buckle up under your chin or above your head. The only thing is that it is rather weird-looking with two "ears" sticking out at each side of the head - it makes one look like a bear. That said, some may think it looks cute.
on December 17, 2013
I have a large head, this hat fits well.

It is pretty warm when the side flaps are down, that is nice. The materials and workmanship seem high quality.

Cons:

1. It is not water repellent. The faux fur will really soak up water, and the entire outer portion is somewhat absorbent fabric.

2. When you close the clasp below your chin, it is not tight at all. In fact, the flaps go quite a ways below my chin.

3. When you close the clasp above your head, with the side flaps folded up, the hat does not stay attached very well. It is liable to fall off.
on December 4, 2010
Just got this in Gray as a present. I do look a bit weird wearing it , but who cares! . It's so warm and comfy I highly recommend it to keep you toasty this winter.
on November 10, 2012
When I walk out into the expanse of this harsh, unforgiving, nut-freezing land, this aviator hat keeps my head nice and toasty.
on March 10, 2014
I live in Chicago & I have a 90 lb Pitbull that I walk 3 times a day in all & every weather condition you can think of from blistering hot/humid, thunderstorms, to arctic cold winter with 6 feet of snow & wind chill that'll take your bones down to -40 deg below. This is the hat I wear when walking my dog (who true to the breed is impervious to pain) during this last record breaking winter (that's saying a lot for Chicago). This hat with long underear, my fleece lined insulated jeans (awesome too), & muck boots good to -80 below & I am virtually hot outside (except any part of me still exposed to wind. Btw, for those of you who don't understand the affect wind chill has on your body - imagine air so cold that it literally just rips through layers of clothes down to your bones like you were wearing a dental floss & you might get an idea.
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2011
I got this hat for my boyfriend for Christmas, and he really liked it. He has a pretty big head, and it still fit him well. ;) He said it was really warm and comfortable too.
on January 4, 2014
I have had hats like this before. This is the warmest. Maybe the wool makes the difference. The problem that I had with this one is that it felt wrong on my head, squeezing my head wrong. So, I tried it backwards and it was comfy. I don't know if I just got a bad one or what. It works this way though. It looked weird backwards until I pulled the threads out of the front flap and folded it down to cover the back of my neck. Now it's fine. Sure, I could have returned it for another, but I might have gotten another hat that fit wrong and I would be without a good hat for this cold Buffalo winter.