5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Nice Quality
I have to admit, for the money I paid ($12.99), I wasn't expecting much from this case. However, I have been pleasantly surprised. The build quaility and material have exceeded my expectations. Can't imagine purchasing the overpriced Samsung / Belkin case after using this for awhile.

If looking for an affordable and functional case for your Note Pro, don't...
Published 11 months ago by Jeffrey Burke

PROTECTS OK. TWO ANGLES ARE SEVERE & DO NOT HOLD AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD.
THE FOLD UP/DOWN DIRECTION IS BACKWARDS SO THE TABLET CONTROLS ARE ALWAYS UPSIDE DOWN TO THE USER.
Published 6 months ago by smack

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Nice Quality, March 4, 2014
This review is from: WAWO Samsung Galaxy Note & Tab Pro 12.2 Inch Tablet Smart Cover Folio Case, Black (Electronics)

If looking for an affordable and functional case for your Note Pro, don't hesitate on this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Smart Fold Case for the 12.2" Tablet, February 19, 2014
I've had many tablets and of course, many cases. I've found this style case to be my favorite. It's a style that's obviously been copied by several manufactures and they are indeed, quite similar. If you've used a smart fold folio style case recently, this should be quite familiar.

Basically, there is a hard plastic portion that the tablet snaps into. It appears very secure and feels as though it's not going anywhere once "installed." Then you've got the folding flap that's able to protect the screen and serve as a flexible stand.

The outer casing is a basic, yet sturdy, synthetic leather material. It's actually similar to what's already on the back of the Note, which adds a good amount of grip and feels nice to hold. The inside cover has some felt-like stuff to keep the screen safe. There is nothing inside the portion where your tablet goes... just plastic. Hasn't been an issue so far. The cover has a magnet inside that triggers the wake-lock function. This turns the screen on/off automatically, which is handy.

There is a metal tab on the outside which sticks onto a magnet located on the outer edge of the plastic casing. Interestingly, there are 3 points where a metal clasp could help keep the cover closed. Although, as you can see, only 1 is used. Either way, one seems to work well enough when carrying it around.

Last thing to note is the stand-mode. Just fold the cover as seen in the picture, and you've got a fairly sturdy up-right tablet. I've had no issues with it falling over on a table while taping away on it. You can also flip it around, making the tablet more horizontal, and take advantage of the on-screen keyboard. Although the tablet will be "upside-down" when in this more horizontal mode.

PROS:

+ Inexpensive
+ Well built
+ Dual stand-modes
+ Auto wake function
+ Strong magnetic clasp to keep closed
+ Keeps tablet fairly safe/secure when in use and closed
+ Maintains very thin profile

CONS:

- There is some expected cover movement when carrying it
- Adds about 1 lb to the tablet.
- No felt material for back/sides of tablet, only screen cover.
- Some concern regarding metal tab making screen contact
- Tablet is up-side-down when used in keyboard/horizontal mode

CONCLUSION:

Overall, I consider this case highly recommended. Any negatives are minor, and honestly, mostly expected for this case design. I feel comfortable tossing this in my bag with the notebook (separate section), assured that it'll stay relatively safe. Could you find a "better" case? Sure, but I think you'd be spending considerably more money at that point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Case - Matches Style, February 20, 2014
DD (Springfield, PA) - See all my reviews
I really liked this case from WAWO. The outside is faux leather, similar to the material on back of the Note Pro tablet. The inside is microfiber and feels nice to the touch. It feels like it is very high quality.

Haven't done the 'drop test' with this case yet but it seems fairly sturdy to at least cushion slight drops. It is not a hardshell, but the edges of the external case extend beyond the corners of the tablet so that should provide some cushion in case of a corner drop.

The 'Smart Cover' is nice - it includes magnets so that when you close or open the case the tablet will detect this and turn the screen on or off automatically. It holds the case securely closed.

If I had one small complaint about this case, it is that I'm not quite sure what the extra pieces are on the inside of the case. There is a tab to secure the case while it is folded as a stand - that works fine. However there are two other holders - 2 for business cards (I could see this being useful for holding a few cards) and then another case that I think is for a USB stick. You wouldn't be able to put anything wide there because it would be pressing on the screen of the tablet. Then on the bottom there is an elastic strap. I think it is supposed to be used to put your hand into to securely hold the tablet - I wouldn't use this but I guess that someone else could in theory like that option.

At the time of this writing the price is very reasonable and I am very happy with my purchase. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a good keyboard-less case for the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for the price, March 5, 2014
I'm very impressed with the quality of the Smart Fold Shell for the $10 price tag.

Pros:
- Faux leather backing is very similar to the backing on the tablet and feels really nice in the hands.
- Plastic bezel on the back that the tablet snaps into is a solid, snug fit and seems like it will hold up well.
- All the cutouts are immaculate in their shape and size for the buttons and ports on the device. They also nicely round the edges inward on these cutouts, making it feel smooth all around.
- No fear of the magnets coming in contact with the screen. Some people say there is, but I'm noticing at least a few cm gap between the bottom of the magnet and the screen.
- The flip cover activates the Book Cover mode or whatever it's called so that when you close the cover, the screen turns off and when you open it, it opens the book cover screen with time, date, weather, calendar, notepad, etc right there. Pretty handy.

Cons:
- The magnet just isn't strong enough nor are there enough of them around the cover to hold the cover tightly to the screen. You can easily make it scoot around with your thumb.
- Adding to the magnets, there seem to be a total of 3 magnets on the hard side of the case while only 1 magnet on the cover in the center, making no use out of the other 2. If there were 3 magnets on both the case and cover, I think it would mitigate the previous problem with movement of the cover.

For a $10 case, this is a really good deal, but you wouldn't catch me paying, say, $30 for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case. Light grey reverse side of flap hard to keep clean., April 29, 2014
Very nice folding cover for the Note Pro 12.2. Have had this over a month now. Has held up well to daily abuse. The outside is easy to keep clean. The inside velvet-like inside of the cover gets dirty quickly and not easy to keep clean. I have a white tab so I wanted a white case but black would be more practical. Still a great case for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, March 4, 2014
I love that I can lay in the bed and use my tablet with this case and the stand. It is great protection for my tablet screen. The tablet fits snugly and secure in it. Worth the purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just as well as the more expensive Samsung version, July 21, 2014
Why pay $70 for Samsung's case when you can pay $11 for pretty much the same exact type of case from Wawo and other amazon retailers? It's a no brainer. The Wawo case hold's my Tab 12.2 securely.

The only reason i give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the flap can sometimes easily open depending on how your holding the case. It's weird that they have 3 magnet points but the only one that works is the middle where the metal tab on the flap connects. The other 2 magnet points are on the upper and lower right of the case but there's no metal on the corners of the flap to hold it closed.

3.0 out of 5 stars I would have purchased a different one designed more user friendly., July 17, 2014
PROTECTS OK. TWO ANGLES ARE SEVERE & DO NOT HOLD AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover for the price, May 9, 2014
The case seems sturdy enough for my Tab PRO 12.2 and holds it securely in place. However with the good construction of the case it gains weight and feels heavier to me than it should. The cover also has a magnet inside that turns the screen on/off automatically, which is handy. The down side is that the cover doesn't always stay closed it could use a couple more magnets, but I've also noticed some scratches where the magnet and metal tabs meet, which I'm not to happy about. My only other complaint is the stand. I think it sits too high when it stays up, other times I use something to prop it up with.

It is a good case for the price and I would recommend it to others!

3.0 out of 5 stars What Did I Expect?, March 25, 2014
Bought this at the same time I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, so the case was delivered and sat for weeks while waiting for my Note Pro.

The case isn't anything to shout about, but I didn't expect much with a $10 price tag. The construction looks ok, but feels heavier to me than it needs to be.

One major complaint is the stand. It sits too high and I can't read or type unless I use something to prop it up with.

Will most likely replace it at some point, especially when we take it with us for travel.