Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2011
Love this book by Craig Groeschel! I've followed his teaching for many years and this guy LIVES out what he has written in this book. I love how challenging it is. It has caused me to look at a lot of different areas in my life and see where I need to be more set apart from this world. Great book and very entertaining!!
on April 4, 2013
So this book about being weird, its pretty weird.
I enjoy reading this book and its making me weird. Weird.
on November 5, 2011
Really good advise ~ didn't want to put it down. Gives a new way of looking at things with a sense of humor!
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What is normal? Normal is being in debt. Normal is not being totally present. Normal is being stressed because your constantly busy. Normal is having an affair. But, according to Pr. Craig Groeschel, normal isn't working and it is infecting our faith too. "In churches, normal is lukewarm Christianity, self-centered spiritual consumerism, and shallow, me-driven faith. God has become a means to an end, a tool in our toolbox to accomplish what we wamt. The majority of people claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. And all this is normal. But normal isn't working." (19)

Groeschel utilizes stories throughout the book, typically from his own life, to emphasize the theme of the chapter. (My personal favorite was the Christmas story from Chapter 1. It resonated with me. I've flipped off people who cut me off...while wearing a clerical shirt.) Themes of the chapters include the busyness of life, money, infidelity, and sexual purity. These themes are relevant to everyone, regardless of their views on religion.

In each chapter, Groeschel offers practical advice on dealing with the chapter's theme. If the theme is what is normal, then the advice is how not to be normal. It might sound weird. It might even feel weird. But remember, we're going for the opposite of normal here.

I enjoyed this latest book by Groeschel. It's a quick, easy read and yet offers practical and realistic advice to living a weird life.
on August 17, 2011
This is a great book. This pastor/author has such a fun personality and it shines thru in his writing.
on April 7, 2011
This book is definitely a new and fresh way to look at our society today. I found the writing to be tremendously insightful and thought provoking! God is using Mr. Groeschel to reach and influence many people! A great read if you are open minded and willing to think outside the worlds box!
on June 29, 2015
Craig Groeschel got me into Christianity, so I owe a thank you to this man.

It was not until the age of 23 that I decided to allow Christ into my life. Before then, I did things my way and suffered through major depressive issues and was riddled with anxiety. Anxiety still plays a big factor of who I am. I still have panic attacks and still suffer from major depressive episodes, but I am able to look at life from a different perspective thanks to Jesus' teachings in a contemporary culture.

I do not agree with Groeschel's viewpoints on 'sexual sin' however, most notably homosexuality. How are we to judge homosexuality as heterosexual males? To me, I am a firm believer that we must walk a mile in somebody else's shoes to fully understand where they are coming from. Born as a heterosexual, I have no idea what it's like to be gay, but I do believe that homosexuality exist. And I don't think painting homosexuality as 'sinful' behavior is correct.

I do think Groeschel has good intentions in his book and most of his advice seems sound, but I was disappointed in his viewpoints on homosexuality. Like I said though, we are all imperfect beings. The only one without sin was Jesus Christ. Only through Him would we know what is right and wrong.
on April 20, 2011
A guidebook about how its okay - even right - to be different from the ways of the world. As Groeschel says, "If you want what normal people have, do what normal people do." On the other hand, if you want something better, be weird. Terrific book!
on January 1, 2013
What a great name for the title of a book. I know that my son in law will love it.
on April 5, 2011
It doesn't matter who you are or where you are in life; this book will inspire you and leave you a better person. It is rare to find a book that can tackle deep subjects, yet stay engaging and even entertaining. Read it. You'll enjoy it.