5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever shampoo
I colour my hair, wear it long (mid back) and have struggled with split ends for years. Every time I managed to get it to grow another inch, I had to have that inch cut off because of the split ends.

Enter WEN, hero of the hour (and day, and year!)

Published on June 6, 2009 by Brunneria

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked at first; maybe better for the Winter...
I first purchased a three pack of small bottles of Wen in different flavors: Almond Mint, Lavender, and Cucumber Aloe.
I have straight, fine hair and it had been looking a little dull and lifeless. I had stumbled across the infomercial and thought it was worth trying...I was thinking of trying a new shampoo anyway.
My initial reaction to the product was very...
Published on April 6, 2010 by Estella

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever shampoo, June 6, 2009
This review is from: WEN® Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner 32oz (Health and Beauty)

Enter WEN, hero of the hour (and day, and year!)

I have been using this version of Wen for 3 months now, starting just after my hair was trimmed. It has been a pleasure to use and my hair is in gleaming, soft, healthy condition, but the thing that has prompted me to write this review is the fact that I can't find any split ends. None. All the ends that were cut by the hairdresser, 3 months ago, are as neat as the day I walked out of the salon. And believe me, I have just spent a good 10 minutes looking.

Now I just have to wait about 2 years for all the old split ends that split up the hair shaft (presumably due to my old shampoos) to grow out, and I will have the hair I used to have in my teen years again. And to think, it was my shampoo that was doing all that damage...

I am very, very impressed with this product, and intend to use it for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is IT!!!, February 16, 2011
"Ok...I've been using Wen for about 5 months and I decided today that I can not go one more day without writing a glowing review..
CHAZ - you are a MIRACLE WORKER and I LOVE YOU!!!!! My husband and children are so embarrassed by me when I go around singing your praises to anyone who will listen but I don't care. I must share the good news of Wen Hair Care with the world!!
My story - I was a tow head as a child with beautiful long blond hair that everyone admired. By Junior High I was already having problems. My hair has always been thin, wavy/curly, oily scalp and DRY, DRY, DRY everywhere else!!! Which, of course, I now contribute to cheap shampoo. Anyway, I am 35 now with color treated long blond hair and before I found Wen I was using the best shampoo I could afford and had to use tons of conditioner and leave-in. If I just blow dried my hair after all of that it would be a frizzy mess. So I would spray heat protectant and then straighten with a flat iron. It would look pretty good straight ironed but I had a TON of split ends no matter how many times I got it trimmed. I also had tons of short little frizzy hairs around my face that never grew more than an inch or so and a tiny bald spot on the back of my head that I was always trying to cover up.
ENTER WEN - I started with Sweet Almond Mint and LOVED the smell!! I immediately noticed a HUGE difference. The biggest difference I noticed was that after I blow dried my hair I felt no need to straighten out the frizz. My hair looked great just blow drying it for the first time in my life. My hair was so shiny and soft that I couldn't believe it was the same hair. I also used the Tea Tree oil and it made an even bigger difference. The only downside seemed to be that the Sweet Almond mint seemed to be a little too heavy for my hair type. It would feel a little weighed down by the end of the day.
Enter CUCUMBER ALOE!!! -THE BEST!! I will NEVER be without it. My hair is shiny and light and even looks great the second day. I just bought the Cucumber Aloe Oil and LOVE IT too!! It is the perfect formula for my hair.
My routine - I use 4 pumps of the big bottle of Cucumber Aloe on the main part of my head. Lather it up with a little water and scrub, scrub, scrub my scalp. Then I rinse it really well with lukewarm water. Next, I use 2 more pumps of CA on my head again but this time add 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint on the rest of my hair, concentrating on the ends like a conditioner. I scrub again with a little water, comb through and clip to my head while I finish my shower (which includes the Lavender body creme - heavenly!!) Then I rinse thoroughly and use cool water at the end for added shine. I use a little SAM as a leave in and then the SAM styling creme although I can't wait to try the CA version when this one runs out. Then I blow dry it on warm in sections with a boar bristle brush. I also oil my hair overnight at least once a week too. PERFECTION!!!
Added benefits -
1. I am using the lavender body creme on my face and I am not kidding when I say that for the first time in my adult life I NO LONGER HAVE ANY ZITS!!! A MIRACLE!!!
2. I've even given it to my 14 year old son (talk about acne!!) to use and his face has totally cleared up. Major miracle!!
2. The little bald spot at the back of my head is GONE!! Another miracle!!
3. I have a TON of new hair growing around my face. I can't get over it. I keep showing everyone who will look. IT'S AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE!!! I can't wait to see how my hair looks in about 4 or 5 years. I KNOW that I will have MUCH thicker and prettier hair when all of this new hair grows in.
4. I have to search for split ends.
5. No more wads of hair in my brush or in the shower!!
Buy this product. I am not kidding. If you do it right and find the right one for your hair you will not be sorry!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars We're big fans, May 24, 2009
After a year on Wen, I switched back to regular shampoo for a little bit just to check, and regretted the decision in less than a week. However, we still love the Wen. VERY impressive product.

My wife uses this one because she feels her hair feels less greasy than the others. To me, the Cucumber Aloe is a whole lot thinnner/watery than some of the others. I use the Tea Tree Oil.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked at first; maybe better for the Winter..., April 6, 2010
Estella (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
My initial reaction to the product was very positive. My hair looked shinier and healthier, and I had a lot less flyaways.
The negative was that the product seemed to weigh my hair down no matter how much I rinsed, and my hair got oily quickly, so I had to wash everyday instead of my normal every other day. The Cucumber Aloe seemed to have the least oily effect, and I liked it enough to invest the fifty bucks in a bigger bottle.
Now that I've been using it a total of about three months, I don't like it so much anymore. I feel like there's a build-up of oil on my scalp. The weather has turned warmer, so that might be adding to the oil as well. (Please note that I have never had an oily scalp or hair before.)
I think I'll put it away until winter returns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Product Ever!, December 2, 2011
Jenni (Anchorage, AK USA) - See all my reviews
I used to use expensive salon shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and leave-in treatments. But about a year and a half ago I discovered Wen, and I haven't looked back. Instead of all of these other products, I now buy just this one. It is my shampoo, conditioner, and leave in. I do also like the Replenishing Treatment Mist between wash days. You have to use it correctly for it to work well. This means using a lot of product. For me, having hair to the middle of my back, I have to use about 10 pumps from the 32 oz bottle. 24 pumps from a 16 oz bottle. Or just 2 pumps from the gallon sized bottle. That said a gallon (or 4 of the 32 oz bottles) will last me 6 months. I also use about 1 pump from the 32 oz bottle as a leave in sometimes. I can run my fingers through my wet hair from stepping right out of the shower. No fighting with tangles, or spraying detangler in to help. It has also made my hair thicker. I don't color my hair, and rarely blow dry or use heat styling tools, but always struggled with split ends in the past even with the expensive salon products. I can now go twice as long between trims and still have half the split ends that I used to before. If you're new to Wen be aware that it does not lather like your old shampoo, instead it goes in creamy and thick like a conditioner - but fear not, it will clean your hair. I like to apply half of the pumps to my hair, wait a few minutes, rinse, then apply the other half of pumps, wait a few more minutes, and rinse again. If I'm in a hurry though, I can apply all of the product at once, and rinse all at once.

I started with the Sweet Almond Mint, but disliked the cooling sensation of the mint in the shower. So I tried the Lavender. I do like the Lavender a LOT, and adore the smell of it, but after about a month my scalp got a little bit of dandruff. So I tried the Tea Tree. The Tea Tree worked on the dandruff like a charm, but as with just about any Tea Tree oil product, it has a kind of medicinal smell that I wasn't crazy about (especially moving from the amazing smelling lavender) and didn't seem to give my length the conditioning that the other products did. So I decided to try the Cucumber Aloe. It is my Goldilocks formula! It keeps my scalp healthy and flake free, and my length and ends well conditioned. It doesn't have that cooling sensation that the mint leaves behind, and has a very subtle, calming scent to it that isn't as strong as the lavender. I have heard a lot about people mixing the Sweet Almond Mint with the Tea Tree - and I feel like that combination would give you something pretty close to what the Cucumber Aloe already is.

This is a great formula, and I feel like it would work well for just about anyone. My hair used to get oily between washes, even though my scalp would be dry. This formula solves that problem. It isn't all stripping or all hydrating - it balances everything out. This formula doesn't seem to get the attention that some of the others do, which is a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, March 30, 2010
I love this shampoo, or I guess I should say cleansing conditioner. The cucumber aloe is my fav. so far. I have used the lavendar, which is a little heavier than I thought that it would be and I have used the fig. I have notice a difference in the texture of my hair and the hair loss in the shower. I have always been careful with the products that I have used on my hair, so I typically use sulfate free shampoos and excellent hair masks. I still use them once or twice a week, but try to incorporate wen more often then not.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hair Can't Live without It!, September 23, 2008
Hair type: Long, layered, highlighted, heat-processed.

I am a victim and abuser of heat-styling products: blowdryer, flat iron, and curling iron. Oh and can't forget hair coloring once a month! (Okay, I've been prematurely gray since I was a teenager.) But let's just say, hair was STRAW-LIKE before using Wen.

It was weird getting used to a non-lathering shampoo. But the way it felt after using it...like silk. I used to have to put on at least 3 different products to get a comb through my wet hair. But using Wen made the comb glide right through--no tangles!!! And when I style my hair, I noticed that it looked healthier and shinier than it ever did.

So, I'm hooked. It's kinda pricey, but it's an investment that I'm willing to pay because my hair feels and looks soooooo much better! And best of all, it doesn't feel like straw anymore!!! Woohoo! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the results, November 1, 2011
a consumer (north carolina USA) - See all my reviews
Every wash with WEN my hair gets softer, shinier and more manageable. WEN delivered for me and I am sold.

This stuff turned my hair into frizz free silk first wash. Never felels greasy or weighted wash after wash. My caucasian hair is shoulder length straight fine highlighted but there is a ton of it. I do not have to use the full amount recommended to get amazing results. The cucumber is my WEN of choice because it cleans oilier hair/scalp with dry ends perfectly. In fact , to the point I don't have to wash each day and my hair still looks fab! I HAD to shampoo daily before)

WEN product does not lather, but you scrub it in like you would shampoo. This cucumber version does have a minty tingly sensation great for scalp health). Perhaps more medicinal in scent during your wash, but what carries to dry hair is just a pure fresh clean smell...no mint or medicine smell once dry at all. I love the smell. Oh and the cool rinse is optional, I don't and it still works wonderfully.

If you spend some cash on shampoo brands at the salon- trying this should be a no brainier. Plus you only need one product -not shampoo and conditioner. If you color- you should be using WEN so you aren't wasting your color down the drain each wash (they even say on the hair coloring box that color will last according to number of shampoos If you are a bargain hunter-like me- get the large bottles on line to get most bang for your buck.

Nothing to loose...especially since WEN is guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best product ever!, September 16, 2011
I've been using WEN for about a year now and absolutely love it! Even my hairdresser says my hair is in the best condition she's ever seen it. My hair color doesn't wash out, and I never have that greasy feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry hair but oily scalp - solved!, September 6, 2013
I have serious hair issues. My scalp is oily oily oily, but my actual hair is fine and prone to dryness and damage. Most shampoos irritate my scalp and cause little itchy sores on the back of my head, scalp tenderness, or even make my hair fall out by handfuls in the shower. About four years ago I switched to a really expensive sulphate free shamp/cond with some improvement in the sores and hair loss, but my scalp was still seriously oily and my hair was still seriously dry. When I saw this cleansing conditioner claiming to address that very issue, I jumped on it. I'm so glad I did! I've been using the cucumber aloe formula for a couple of weeks and I'm extremely pleased. My scalp oils are much more balanced, and my hair is softer and shinier than it has ever been. No scalp sores or tenderness, and I lose almost no hair in the shower (it's normal to lose some). I will buy this for as long as it's available, I love it! It is very strange to use something that goes in like lotion and doesn't foam, but my hair gets nicely clean but never stripped. The scent is not the best feature of this product, it smells like grandma's old lotion, but I'm ok with it. I actually hope they don't change ANYTHING about the formula, I'd be terrified they'd ruin it, like so many "improved" products. It is glorious just as it is, because it works!

Edit: after using this for a few months, I still love it! I'm noticing that my hair is thicker and less fine at the base, smoother, and some fringe that would never grow is starting to. My scalp has never felt healthier. I've also noticed that my hair color stays truer, not turning brassy like it always would. Another benefit - it doesn't aggravate my rosacea-prone skin if it gets on my face. This really is the stuff for me. I just seriously stocked up.

ARRAY(0xa825e5d0)