5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it
I am a professional hairstylist. I have access to great products at half the price of retail. I have naturally curly hair which I color and heat-style on a regualr basis.

Published on May 16, 2010 by Krishna L. Koch

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not deliver what it promises
Published on August 19, 2008 by Cinnamon girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, May 16, 2010
This review is from: WEN Set of Three for Fine-Medium Hair - 6oz (Health and Beauty)

While I concider my hair easy to manipulate, I find when I use Wen my hair is super shiny, managable, and much much healthier than when I have used any of the other professional products on the market available to me.

Initially I purchased the Sweet Almond Mint through the infomercial ... then researched through Amazon! I'm happy to have found Amazon because there is much more to choose from and the reviews are terrific. I simply called and cancelled my 'membership' before my next shipment with out any problems.

I love the results I received using the Sweet Almond Mint and decided to try something else and purchased the Fig. At first I found it to be overly heavy for my hair which is of medium density, but fine strands which can tend to frizz if I don't have the right amount of hydration to hold soft curls with out any sort of product feeling.

I found if I use much less of the product for leave in, and as well a small amount of styling cream just before I get out of the shower the results are great, beyond my expectations. With the Sweet Almond Mint I wasn't worried about using 'too much', it was far less of a learning curve.

I do find the Fig too heavy when I straighten my hair, particularly if I am not going to do my hair the next day. It feels limp and heavy compared to the 'just blown out' fullness of the day before. With the Sweet Almond Mint it still felt bouncy, even on the third day!

I honestly wondered if all the cleansing conditioners were the same with different scents... They do vary!

I found with the Sweet Almond Mint even on the third day my hair still felt fresh and soft.

I particularly hate that slept on next day hair smell and don't have it when I use Wen.

The smaller bottles require more pumps. I have a mid length cut and use 4 for the crown, 4 for the sides, and 4 for the back. With the large bottles more is pumped out.

I read one review that simply stated, you'll figure out how much you need... you will.

I'm interested in trying the Cucumber and Lavendar, particularly so I can more accurately gage what my clients might prefer for their hair type with out having to do as much trial and error as I am willing do. And I HAVE recommended Wen to my clients.

I think the deal with three might be a great start for someone interested in Wen but not sure what they need.

Over-all I think the Sweet Almond Mint is the perfect fit for just about anyone.

I will admit it is refreshing to use, it wakes me up ... however, it does smell ... different ... minty, maybe even a bit medicinal. Though smell is subjective from one person to another. However, it doesn't linger and won't compete with whatever perfume or scent someone would wear.

Hope this helps, I have tried to be as detailed as I could be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, though not a miracle product, January 3, 2010
A. E. Balkan (Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
I have long, thin hair and am a minimalist when it comes to it. I always let it air dry and rarely style it, but I do put coconut oil in it to add some moisture and shine. Even so, my hair is dry and poofy, so I was really attracted to Wen after seeing the commercial a couple months ago.

I'm not a big spender when it comes to hair products, so buying a product this expensive was a jump for me. To make it last, I washed my hair only every other day (which I used to do with normal shampoo to help with the dryness), and I used only about 12 pumps instead of the suggested number. 12 pumps was still enough to sufficiently coat my hair, so I think this was fine. Doing these two things, I was able to stretch the three bottles to last about two months.

Overall I really like Wen and will buy more. It's certainly no miracle product, and I doubt you'll get exactly what you see on the commercial or website. For me, my hair is much softer and feels healthier and more moisturized. It still has some poof, but not as much. And I still use the coconut oil in certain areas to "lock in" the softness and add shine. I did try a pump of Wen as a styling cream, but it made my hair a little sticky. Another thing I really like about it is that unlike other conditioners, which can be really difficult washing out of your hair, Wen washes out easily.

Besides having softer, healthier hair, I found some smaller benefits from using Wen. When I wash and comb my hair, noticeably less gets pulled out. Shampooing also used to make my scalp very irritated and itchy on the top, but it's improved a lot since then, and I expect it'll keep getting better.

Although I didn't like the scents of any of the bottles, I'm going to buy more of the lavender. I especially did not like the cucumber one, because the smell stung my eyes a little. One other thing I noticed was that as more time went by, I think my hair got used to the products and the cleanness of my hair didn't last as long as it had in the beginning. I'm going to try a normal shampoo maybe once a week and see if that helps clarify it. And one thing I did not like about the packaging is that by the bottom of each bottle, the pump stopped working well and I had to scoop out the last of it with my fingers.

All in all, I recommend it for dry and damaged hair, just don't expect to come out looking like their ads.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not deliver what it promises, August 19, 2008
Cinnamon girl (Quaker Hill, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I saw a commercial for Wen and, of course, hoped that the product would do wonders for me. I actually have used conditioners to clean my hair for several years after reading a book called "Curly Girl" where the author quit using shampoo and cleaned her hair with conditioner instead. It is not a new concept to do this. I was just hoping for a superior product and my daughters wanted to try Wen as well. First of all, my daughter complained about the smell of the cucumber aloe conditioner. I thought it couldn't be that bad, and then I tried it and understood immediately what she meant. It smells like menthol in cough drops or Vicks Vaporub. Yuck! I had taken the cucumber aloe with me on vacation before trying it and actually went out and bought a new conditioner at a drugstore. It made my hair frizzy when I used it and when I got home and went back to my old Paul Mitchell leave in conditioner, I was much happier.

Looks like I'm the exception, but it is my honest opinion and review. If you decide to try it, I hope you have better luck with this product than I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - so, incredible!!!, January 30, 2009
I couldn't wait to post this review, we used Wen Sweet Almond Conditioner Cleanser on my 11 and 16 year old daughters. I thought this would eliminate the need to smooth fuzzies and help bottoms of their hair, which were drier than the top.
My 11 yr. old has fine but thick hair to her mid-back. We used six pumps and didn't have any problems rinsing it out. I think we will use a little more on the ends next time. Her hair was always gorgeous, but now it is smooth and looks like she just left the salon. We waited until it was 3/4 dry before blow drying it and brushing it occassionally throughout the blowdry.
My 16 yr. old has to-the-shoulder length medium coarse thick hair with large natural curls on the ends of her hair. She wears it both curly and straight. She had to use 20 pumps. She blow dried it right away and her hair feels like soft fine hair and like she just left the salon. Her hair was always gorgeous before, but we joked that it felt like horse hair. She still had to straighten it a little, but maybe 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes. Plus, as we work with this product more, we may find ways to eliminate the straightener all together.
Their hair doesn't look greasy and feels incredible - even my husband could see the difference and when I suggested he try it, he agreed.
I have long (medium coarseness) thick hair. I find that the 15-20 pumps of the Sweet Almond Mint works better than the others Wen makes for medium hair. The ends of my hair that were drier than the scalp area look excellent now - smooth and silky.
None of us have had luck with the cucumber or lavendar. My 16 yr. old wants to try one of the Wen products for coarse hair, as she didn't think her hair was manageable after repeated use of the almond.
We still think it is a super product and will re-purchase the almond and maybe one for coarse hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars A believer!, July 5, 2008
5.0 out of 5 stars It does work!, July 5, 2008
By A believer (Arizona) - See all my reviews
I have read all the reviews posted on these products. I purchased the 3 pack variety of lavendar, cucumber/melon and sweet almond mint about 2 months ago in the 6 ounce size.

A little background -- 2 years ago I had major surgery which left my once fairly thick hair very thin, especially on top, and very dried out. My hairdresser had recommended many types of shampoos, conditioners, leave in treatments, etc (very costly stuff to say the least) and still every time I would go in to the salon she would talk about how damaged my hair was.

I saw this product advertised on one of the TV shopping channels and thought at first "I can't pay that much for something that might not work." Then, I started adding up what I had already spent on products that didn't work and thought "What the heck; let's give it a try." So, having now very fine hair I opted for the 3 variety pack for fine to medium hair.

Once I received the items (quickly too), I first tried the cucumber/melon. I followed the directions that come with the product to the letter. Two months later, I no longer hear from the hairdresser that my hair is so damaged I must try yet some other product that she recommends to the tune of so much more money than this product costs. I am still using the same 6 ounce bottle of cucumber/melon, so needless to say this product last a long time. I also put about 5 pumps of the lavender in a spray bottle with water for touchups between shampoos. I even use this on my 2 and half year old granddaughter after we've been in the swimming pool to comb out her hair which is very thick. She likes the way it smells and doesn't mind "nani" combing her hair out anymore since "it doesn't hurt."

My hair is so much softer, has more body, and although it is still very thin on top, I no longer have to endure comments about how damaged my hair is.

I am a believer! I can't wait to try the Sweet Almond Mint and Lavendar. Keep up the good work Chaz!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sharp practices outweigh product quality, March 2, 2012
BEWARE if you buy this, the alleged "60-day guarantee" is a fallacy. If you do not cancel enrollment by the 29th day of your original ORDER, you will be shipped a 90-day replenishment supply at a cost of over $38.00 automatically billed to your credit card. Now you tell me, is that a 60-day money back guarantee? Sure, you can send the replenishment back and wait 4-6 weeks for your refund, but do you want all that hassle while all you were trying to do was use the entire 60-day period to determine if the product works for you or not? This is an example of sharp consumer practices that turn people off to infomercial products that might actually be good products. The literature that comes with the shipment is riddled with references to the "60-day guarantee" and "90-day" future replenishments. NO WHERE ON THE INITIAL SHIPMENT LITERATURE DOES IT SAY THAT IF YOU DON'T CANCEL BY THE 29TH DAY AFTER YOUR ORDER, YOU WILL BE REPLENISHED, AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A 90-DAY SHIPMENT AT ALMOST $40. BAD, BAD commercial practice. And by the way, I did not find the product to be the miracle it is touted as. Does it clean hair? Yes. But my hair looks the same after styling as it ever did. I like the fact that it is sulfate free and all natural, and I perceive that my color lasts longer than when using regular shampoo, but that would be true with any of the numerous sulfate-free shampoos on the market. There is nothing super special about this product that would cause me to continue to use it despite the trickery of the business model. Had I not been totally turned off by the sneaky 30-day replenishment in contravention of the 60-day guarantee, I probably would have stayed on as a customer for the benefits of the all-natural ingredients, but if a company challenges your trust in its business practices, how can you trust its product claims?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent experience, superior product, August 13, 2008
I've used Wen for the past few days now and WOW, my hair looks great! I have shoulder-length, fine-textured wavy, flyaway hair. I can now throw away the anti-frizz serum, stop buying overpriced Kerastase shampoo and stop using traditional conditioner that leaves my hair slimy. With Wen, my hair is bouncy, shiny and takes styling like never before.

The instructions leave you wondering about getting clean hair, but it really does leave my rather oily scalp clean, but not dry. The lavender variety seems to remove the most oiliness. Because of my oily scalp, I haven't yet done the version where you leave the product in your hair after towel-drying, but I'll give it a try. The basic treatment doesn't leave any buildup and the smell is very subtle. The price is perfect, especially when you compare it against salon products that don't do half as good a job.

Wen simplifies and improves haircare, especially for color-treated hair. Once you get over notions from a lifetime of traditional shampooing and try it, you won't go back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me at all, August 20, 2008
Helen (Livonia, MI) - See all my reviews
This product didn't work for me at all. I have medium thickness shoulder length straight hair. My two hair issues that I'm always trying to resolve are lack of volume and frizz. This product claimed to take care of both. It didn't. I followed directions to a T and have used this already a few times. No extra volume, no reduction in frizz. In fact, I think I've got more frizz with it. Regular "Extra-volume" shampoos and conditioners work much better. The only thing that's nice is that hair feels soft and light. But then again, it was pretty soft and light before. All in all - wasted money.

1.0 out of 5 stars My roots looked greasy. Very disappointing., October 8, 2008
I had high expectations for this product due to the good reviews. I am usually a pretty easy person to please. I was so disappointed with this stuff. I tried it again and again with different amounts/times left on different formulas, etc,.. but each time my hair at the roots looked greasy. The advertisement said you don't need to wash your hair but once every 2-3 days when you use wen. As soon as I washed it, I felt it looked like it needed washing again. Wished I would have returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - everything they say about Wen is really true!, December 27, 2009
I was skeptical... BUT, after my first use of WEN I became a total believer! My hair had never been so shiny or healthy looking as it did after just one washing! I have VERY thin, fine lightened hair - and many products are just too thick or heavy and make my hair flat and stringy - not WEN - beatiful body AND shine and it looks healthier than it has in years. Thank you WEN. I TOTALLY reccomend this product! Patti Negri

WEN Set of Three for Fine-Medium Hair - 6oz