Most helpful positive review
37 of 38 people found the following review helpful
Cumbersome but Powerful and Versatile Trimmer
on July 18, 2012
Bought this trimmer mostly to tame the four-foot jungle of thistle in the back yard. Out of the box the trimmer is a little awkward to carry but pretty adjustable. Holding it got better with practice. I was immediately impressed with the power, but was soon quite frustrated with the installed line. It is terrible! I used it up (which didn't take long) and went to buy larger, commercial grade line. Then this trimmer really came to life. I finished what the old line left in no time. Since it was there, I decided to try the edging feature and was very happy.
What I like:
- It is powerful! It will tear through thick thistle and aspen shoots.
- The edging function is easy to set up and use.
- The auto feed is nice (still works with thicker line). It will go through line if you turn it on and off a lot.
What I don't like:
- It can be difficult to hold efficiently
- The line it came with is terrible (it was easy to replace though)