Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on May 16, 2013
I love this thing! It has awesome power! I used it to weed around trees on a lot that is not well manicured so there was a lot of thick tall grass and heavy vines around the trees. It absolutely went through everything with no problem. It definitely has the power to replace your gas trimmer and I wore out before the battery did. This is a great heavy duty grass trimmer.
on September 15, 2013
This trimmer is very awkward to use and made for some aching muscles due to the extended reach needed to hold it.
We had ordered it as a gift for our mother, but she is unable to use it.
We are ordering her a different model.
My husband agrees that it seems awkward compared to our Worx 10-inh 24 Volt model
I don't recommend this model.
VINE VOICEon April 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave it 4 starts for only one reason, the handle pole is long. Outside of that this is a very nice and well constructed trimmer. Assembly was very straight forward and my 8 year old help me put it together and he was able to read the instructions and understand the steps. It did not take long at all to assemble the product. The unit comes with a battery charge, which is kind of large, but it works well and seems to charge fast. Due to a lot of spring snow in Colorado I have not been able to put the trimmer to the test but will update once I do. For now, I tried the trimmer just to see how it worked and the power of the battery. So far I am pleased with the ease of use and the battery power. I can't say yet how long the battery works in real testing but the unit does come with different trimmer speeds to help save battery life.

I am looking forward to using a cordless trimmer this year as it is a hassle to drag around a cord with my current trimmer. I also don't like using gasoline powered trimmers due to noise and pollution so this unit should serve well. Once the snow finally goes away i will update my review.

***UPDATE***
I finally had a chance to try out the trimmer. The first thing I noticed is that it is very quiet. The trimmer also seems more than powerful enough to handle every day trimming needs. The one things I'm still trying to get used to is the length of the trimmer and how you hold it. My left hand is used to hold the handle, which feels fine, but to use the trimmer I have to use my right hand to hold the safety button and pull in the trimmer trigger to trim. That to me still feels awkward compared to my smaller Sears trimmer. The battery area sticks out behind your back and I found that after a while it began to feel heavy. My shorter trimmer has a handle for my left hand and a curved handle for my right hand. The whoel trimmer is in front of me and since both hands are holding the trimmer it feels lighter. This trimmer with the battery felt heavy after a while. I need to figure out if I'm holding it the best way so maybe that will change over time but for now I prefer the smaller easier to hold trimmer compared to the Worx model. However, with that said I tend to use this trimmer more than my smaller and lighter trimmer. I think the main reason is the coordless feature. Without having to deal with the cord it is much easier to do a trim every week rather than the every few weeks to month that I was doing with a corded model.
on July 16, 2013
I think my experience differs some from others. I live on 12 acres about half of which I mow. Lots of trees and things that make a trimmer worthwhile. I have several other "heavy duty" gasoline powered trimmers, but biggest thing for me is weight and ease of starting. 65 years old and lots of broken bones later, the electric seemed the way for me. I have read others posts about how powerful this WorX is and no one would ever use the highest power? Not my experience. I use it on the highest power probably 80% of the time. Which, as others have mentioned, cuts time between charges to about 20-25 minutes. I also notice that the 1 hour charge others have mentioned is actually about an hour and a half here. Now, for the good part! Course I have all the time in the world, but I will charge this one rather than pull out one of the others. It does the job with less hassle except for the frequent stops for recharges. That is the only reason I didn't give the unit 5 stars. Batteries are too expensive to warrant buying another, but if they can get the price of those within reason, I will buy another and that should take care of my complaints.
on June 18, 2014
I have owned this for just under a month.
It was super easy to assemble, took me about 10 minutes. The instructions were easy to follow and putting it together did not require any special tools or an inordinate amount of patience.
I have roughly 1/3rd of an acre of yard. I can easily cover all the trimming I need to with this machine set at it's highest level. At it's lowest I can handle anything in my garden. This unit is not the lightest garden implement, but I have no problem hefting it around the yard and controlling where I am whacking.
I have never owned a grass trimmer before, but this unit has plenty of power and does a great job. I have done a little bit of edging with this an it is great. I'm not sure if I like the look of edged grass, so I'm not sure if I will do a ton of this.
If you plan on using this at it's most powerful setting I would definitely wear pants and closed toed shoes, as this trimmer really does have all the power you need, plus some. I bought the 40v because I would've hated getting the 32v and wishing I had more go.
This tool is solidly constructed and does all the work I need it to.
on March 4, 2014
I went from a gas-powered edger that lasted only two years, then went to an electric B&D that I burned up. I didn't want to go back to the noise of a gas-powered edger or the hassle of dragging a cord around, so decided to try a battery powered trimmer. I read lots of reviews and picked this Worx. I got this trimmer at the end of summer of 2013. I found it lightweight and quiet. I used only the low speed and was able to do all the trimming on one battery charge. The battery charges quickly. I always forget to charge it before yard day, but it charges completely while I'm mowing the yard. I have used it on the highest speed and found it to be very powerful. However, I found that having to hold down the on/off switch and the safety lever at the same time was awkward and tired my hand out quickly. I used the trimmer about a week ago and had to use duck tape to tape down the on/off switch, it is that awkward for me to hold down both switches at the same time. I don't know if I had this trouble because I'm a female and my grip strength is not what it used to be. Overall, I would still recommend this edger/trimmer.
on July 12, 2014
First of all anyone that says that this trimmer had weak points has no clue on how to put things together. The to shaft pieces fit together perfectly! The quick connection is solid. The handle has two adjustment screws. Once you click it into place and find your ideal position simply tighten the second screw with a philips screwdriver and it will not move out of place period. This is a solid tool very well designed! Now one negative it is a bit on a heavier side as far as trimmers go but with the little extra weight you get longes battery life and a multi speed adjustment. The auto string advance works well and basically every time you press the trigger a bit more string advances. I love this trimmer. It is enough to completely trim a 1.6 ac lot!! On 2 charges this way you get an hour breake in between trimmings.
on June 18, 2014
i have to say , the first couple of times i used this product i absolutely loved it!! it was lightweight and easy to use. it does a great job on the lighter jobs around the sidewalk and house, but when i took it out to use in the taller grasses like they showed on the tv ads--around the neighbors fence where the grass hadn't been trimmed all spring, grass got wound around the housing and wedged around the bearing and locked up the bearing, causing a gap so that even though i cleaned out the grass, it happened over and over again because there was so much space in the housing. however, the company has replaced it right away, it took only 16 hours to get here and so far, i have had no issues with it. but i am afraid to try to use it on the longer grass and weeds again.
on January 9, 2014
I didn't want a gas powered one, and my old corded whacker was getting really annoying, hanging up on every little rock & weed, so I'm glad I found this. It's weighty and the charge only lasts about 30 minutes of heavy cutting, but that's about all I can handle in one round with this monster anyway. We live in a rural area in southern Colorado and the monster weeds that come up are a real challenge for trimmers. This one does a good job dispatching them.
on June 22, 2013
Easy to use, plenty of power, recharges fast, I have been using it for over a month, still on the first spool; when you use it, you are not covered with grass from the knee down, maybe a little on your socks; I highly recommend this for a trimmer edger