5.0 out of 5 stars Great saw - open box and go. - but you need a 12 gauge cord
Wonderful Saw. The auto chain adjustment feature is great, just turn the knob until it stops and go. Balance is excellent and electric motor has plenty of power. Very easy to use, just open box, read the manual, add old (supplied), clip the tie wrap holding the blade guard, plug in, put on your safety gear and cut. Saw is quiet equal to a heavy duty drill but with a...
Published on August 13, 2011 by J. Carlisle

3.0 out of 5 stars Oil leak when not in use
I bought a 2nd Worx 16 in. Electric Chainsaw after returning the 1st one back to Home Depot. Now I find out both of them have the same oil leaking problem when not in use. I already made sure that the machine is rested in a horizontal position with oil filler cap uppermost when not in use. I left the machine untouched for 10 days now and the oil tank is already half way...
Published 17 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chainsaw!, September 21, 2011
This review is from: WORX WG303 16-Inch 3.5 HP 14.5 Amp Electric Chain Saw (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I tired of trying to keep Gas Chainsaws maintained and running. So I took a risk and bought the Worx Electric Chainsaw. I have had it for six weeks now, and it is great. As long as I have the chain oil reservoir filled; I can pick it up squeeze the button and be sawing wood. Being tethered to an extension cord hasn't caused me any problem yet, but it will; and I haven't decided what to do about that. I may use my generator; or I may get a small gas saw to cut the logs into transportable pieces; then I can get them closer to the house for final cutting.
How ever that part of it goes, I will be using my Worx for my main Work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Saw for clean up work., April 27, 2013
oliinman (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
I have a small cabin in the sticks and find this as ideal for cleaning up the perimeter. I do not use a saw enough to deal with restarting and tuning after long amounts of time without use. I've used it to chew through tree debris and small diameter logs ( 8" ) with no problem. It is definitely a bit flimsy for those accustomed to traditional chainsaws, but for me, with a small suburban yard and a cabin with some perimeter clean up it fits perfectly.

Two issues which appear to be common and I will echo.
- The first is the amount of chain oil provided is amazingly little. I burned through it rapidly.
- Secondly, I am suspect that my standard bar oil is not lubricating as much as it should due to a lower viscosity. I've not had problems yet, but the chain is definitely drier with standard bar oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding electric chainsaw, June 12, 2012
A tree about 12" in diameter and about 25 ft tall fell in my yard, so I bought the Worx 16" electric chainsaw at Lowe's to cut it up. This thing went through the tree like warm butter. Completely effortless. All I did was take it out of the box, add the supplied oil, and plug it in. It is pretty quiet, so no ear plugs needed (Always wear safety glasses due to wood chips flying around). I was reluctant to buy an electric chainsaw, but I did to keep the maintenance down. This chainsaw is much more powerful than I expected. Very satisfied.

Update July 2013: I just had another tree fall (Bradford Pears aren't holding up to the storms), and this thing was a lifesaver again. It was another tree about 12" across that fell on my house, and I was able to cut the tree up and get it off the house on my own. I'm lucky there wasn't any damage except a bent gutter. Now I have an ugly half tree that's 2.5 stories tall since the tree split. This is a great chainsaw for smaller trees! Just make sure you watch where the cord is because cutting it would make you have a bad day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Chainsaw for Residential Use, May 23, 2012
P. Stiefvater (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This thing cuts great, has virtually no vibration, and since it is electric... is very low maintainence. Buy an extra bottle of bar/chain oil as the included one is not enough to fill. Besides that, you take this out of the box, plug it in, and strat cutting.

I was very skepitcal of electric power but this one cuts 12" logs with no problem. I used on a tree that came down in a storm a couple weeks ago and it ate it up. Will need a 14 AWG cord. I will buy WORX products again based on my experience with this chainsaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars good saw, August 10, 2011
We have a moble home park with many trees which may were planted in 1976. We use the eletric saw plugged into a invereter ran off of a self propeled man lift. We have two of these saws and have over 100 hours sawing time with them, still use gas chain saw on a few on the trunks when we take a tree down, Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Rips through the wood like my killing knife through flesh, December 18, 2013
I had a Craftsman gas chain saw for several years. Cutting through wood with that thing was a chore. I despised that Craftsman, so one day I was like, "Look chainsaw, you and I have cut a lot of stuff up. And you always take so long to do it. You take forever to cut through a simple 2 inch branch, for God's sake! I sharpen your chain, you don't cut well. I buy you a new freakin' chain, you still don't cut well! I adjust your tension, and you still suck at cutting wood. Kill yourself, chainsaw!"

I challenged my chainsaw to a race to see who could cut through a 3 inch limb faster. I won, 24 seconds to 55 seconds. Haha, chainsaw, have at thee!

So, hating my chainsaw, I beat the hell out of it. I refused to provide it with drink, and as you probably know, chainsaws enjoy the smooth goodness of oil. I refused to provide my chainsaw any liquid, and I enjoyed cutting through wood, slow as ever, and watching smoke pour from the unlubricated bar. I cut into stumps down at ground level, the chain ripping through the ground, wreaking havoc and torment upon the chain. Finally, mercifully, the chainsaw could cut no longer. I rejoiced.

In need of a new chainsaw, my search began. I started out looking at gas models, assuming their superiority. But then I saw very good reviews on the WORX. Not needing a chainsaw very often, and disgusted by the experience of my faltering Craftsman, I figured I'd give the WORX a try.

Once the WORX arrived, I had quite a bit of cutting to do. I didn't expect too much, but man, when the chain hit the tree I was felling, wow, what a feeling. The WORX slid right through with ease. I felt a sense of joy and excitement. The chain has a self-tensioner, so I didn't have to mess with that every 60 seconds like I did with some OTHER chainsaw (*cough cough* CRAFTSMAN).

Seriously, I love my WORX. I used it for a couple hours, cutting down all the trees I needed to cut, then cutting them into smaller, manageable pieces. The WORX kept going, and each cut was a joy. If I was using the Craftsman, it would probably have taken 10 hours to do what the WORX did in two.

As long as you're near an outlet, the WORX is awesome. There is something in the instructions about maximum length of the cord from the outlet, and gauge of the cord you are using. Me, I just wheeled my generator along, and powered the WORX with that, so cord length wasn't an issue for me.

In closing, I love my WORX. In fact, this review has made me want to go give it a big kiss. So I'm gonna go do that. Okay, here's where I "cut out!" (hahaha, get it? "cut out." it was like, a pun or something!)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this saw!!!!!, March 29, 2013
Great saw for the homeowner who uses a chainsaw 2-3 times a year. The main reason I love it is there is no winterizing, no upkeep like you have with any small gas engine. You could not use this saw for 2-3 years and as long as you have chain oil/sharp blade it will run like day 1. This saw is not meant for constant hard use, but I took down a 18" 30 ft hickory tree down no problem with this thing. For the homeowner who needs a chainsaw a few times a year this is the perfect weapon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little saw., March 22, 2013
I purchased this last September. and no problems so far. Power to spare!

If you're lokking for a quality electric chain saw, look no further.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chainsaw, November 20, 2012
This is a great chainsaw for those who rarely need a chainsaw, but when they do need it, they need something powerful. I previously had a Ryobi One + 18v chainsaw, which was basically a Playskool toy, and needed something for heavier jobs.

We live in the suburbs, so a heavy gas chainsaw was overkill, but a functional chainsaw that could handle branches and cutting firewood was what I was looking for. This chainsaw works great for everything I use it for,

Pro's:
- No gas or oil
- Powerful enough to cut through most anything
- Easy to operate, great for first time chainsaw users.

Con's;
- It's electric, but you already knew that.

As long as you have a handy outlet, or a long enough extension cord, this chainsaw should get the job done for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and powerful, August 7, 2012
Had an older gas powered unit - hard to start, and had a dangerous gasoline spill in garage, so that was enough to consider electric. You are tethered by extension chord so portability (or a generator at extra expense) is an issue. What it DID though, was to cut down a "medium" size tree and some heavy roots with great efficiency - paid for itself. Terrific yard tool as long as you have an outlet handy. (My 3rd WORX product - rechargeable mower, and an trimmer/edger - love the efficiency, design, and GREEN factor )

Rate and Discover Movies