Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 15, 2009
The blower is ok but the battery does not last more than 5-7 minutes. I called Worx and they replaced the battery but it still does not work more than 7 - 10 minutes. Worx said I needed to recondition the battery by draining it totally then recharging (4 times) and to always drain fully before putting back on charger. This did not work. When I asked Worx for my money back they told me they couldn't do that at this time (even though the product is under the 2 yr warranty timeframe).
Bottom line: don't waste your money. Product is POOR.
77 comments121 of 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2011
I have purchased 2 items from WORX and I regret both. This blower (WORX Air WG541 18-Volt Cordless Blower/Sweeper), while light and easy to maneuver, is way underpowered and runs out of power quickly. Best for very light duty jobs like.... blowing a leaf out of your garage or to let your kids help out. I'll use until it dies (shouldn't be long) but am going to purchase a real blower to do the jobs I thought this one would. 120mph wind speed? Ha!
The other item I purchased is the "WORX GT WG151.5 18-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Electric String Trimmer/Edger With Quick Charger" also from Amazon. Wow, where to start. Lasted about a month or so. It's not like I'm weed whacking in a rain forest, just normal jobs like around trees and edging in my yard. Nope, too much for the WORX trimmer. Instead of dealing with customer service (as others have mentioned in their reviews) I just threw the damn thing out. Bought a nice gas powered string trimmer that has been great.
So to sum it all up, avoid all WORX items like the plague. I for one am done with DOESN'T WORX.
0Comment63 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 10, 2009
Here's the thing....Worx has a somewhat decent product...the cordless blower/sweeper and the Worx weed wacker could be good products if they didn't BREAK .... ALWAYS. The customer service is your worst nightmare. Really, your worst nightmare. You see the infomorcials, think "hey what a great product!" You purchase the item, use it and it breaks. You call customer service and can't get through. You leave messages and wait for them to contact you. Call a few more times and realize that they really are not customer orientated at all and then get ticked because now you have a broken product, a heavy duty charge on your credit card and no customer service. That stinks. No product, no refund, no recourse. Please be advised before purchasing this product...this item will work great...do just what the commercial said it would and then most likely break prematurely and you will not get be given a refund or any other type of help because there is NO customer service. Please heed my warning...customer service is nill and the product won't last.
0Comment96 of 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
This blower turned out to be a total waste of money. I even bought a second battery hoping the first was defective. This blower has very limited power and only holds a charge for a FEW minutes. Fool me 1+ times my fault . Would never buy an IWorks product again.1 star too many.
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2011
Blower works ok, but battery only last about 5 minutes per charge. Called and they sent another battery, but it does the same.
0Comment48 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2009
I made my purchase and never received a product. I called many times only to have their automated service hang up after pressing the selection to speak with a customer representative. Other times it just wouldn't work and kept repeating the numbers to press. I went to their website and clicked on the contact us link and filled out the form asking about my order -- again, no reply. I finally did reach a representative, however, she was completely unhelpful. She honestly didn't seem to understand what to do. I asked for the order to be canceled and she would NOT do it. I asked if my card had been charged and all she would tell me is that it was in process. I asked why she couldn't cancel it if it hasn't been charged and she kept telling me that their system doesn't allow for that! I then asked to speak to a supervisor, and was met with every form of avoidance possible. She literally would not allow me to talk to a supervisor. I must have told her more than twenty times (seriously) before she finally let me. The supervisor must have one thing to say all day because she sounded like a recording about why they can't just cancel orders BEFORE they have been charged and can only refund it after processing and notifying UPS to reroute the item -- THEN they will refund my money.

I called my bank to see if the charge was posted. Sure enough, it was run while I was on the phone!! I will now call my bank to dispute the charge.
11 comment73 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
This blower really is not a very good one. I sorta knew that it might not be a good one because I have purchased a Worx weed eater and hedge trimmer and they seem like toys that you might give your kids to use. The only reason I bought this blower is that I two batteries and no charger. The charger I had before didn't work so I bought the blower so I could keep using the batteries.
0Comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
advertized as powerful with long lasting battery.NOT TRUE.
its only good for short thin grass.anything else forget it!
the battery starts to fizz out after 10 mins and is too weak
to cut the grass without going over the same spot a half dozen times.
the only good thing about the WORX is its light weight.im more tired
after using it than a heavier one because it takes so much longer
going over the same area in order to cut the grass.
0Comment36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2009
The battery loses power after 7 minutes and dies after 10. Not worth the price!
0Comment42 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2009
This is a nice tool, however the battery just doesn't last long enough for my use. If you want a lightweight, light duty blower for the garage or porch, this is your tool. I would not recommend it for the everyweek blowing of grass clippings or sand from the driveway or sidewalks.
0Comment38 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse