5.0 out of 5 stars Worx Mower

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, faulty battery issues
Published on September 6, 2011 by k9mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worx Mower, June 28, 2010
This review is from: WORX WG785 17-Inch 24 Volt Cordless 3-In-1 Lawn Mower With Removable Battery (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
Had qualms about purchasing this mower but my Toro was over 25 years old. With the price below $300 I took a shot. I am very impressed with the mower for many reasons. First, it is light and easy to push around the yard. Second, it has great power and it was maintained throughout the entire mowing. Third, it was easy to assemble and store. It cuts great - the height is easy to adjust with the touch of a finger. The mulcher works great - I have no questions that this is worth the money.

One thing to remember - charge it for 24 hours and make sure all 3 lights show on the charger before using and slide the safety key to the right and pull the handle and you are ready to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mower for an older woman -updated, September 25, 2010
I am an "older woman" who does her own yard work. I've had gas mowers that don't start after the first year and a corded electric mower that had extension cord after extention cord attached to it so I can get around my yard. This mower seemed like a good alternative - and it is. I liked that it comes with a bag (although I had it on upside down for the first 2 days wondering why it was taking so long to fill). The mower itself is very easy to start. You push a lever and hit the start button, once you have charged up the battery. I charged it about 6 hours the first time I used it and now I just keep it charging between mowings. The battery lasts about as long as I do, but not long enough to finish my front lawn without recharging. It would be nice to have another battery charging, when I'm in the mood to keep mowing. The only reason I rated this 4 stars instead of 5 is that I am still having trouble keeping the wheels raised. It appears that there is just a lever that you pull that allows the wheels to go up or down, but the metal rod that fits in the slot does not stay in place and the wheels quickly fall to the lowest level. That is quite frustrating and I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or it is a design flaw. I have plenty of rocks I can't avoid because the mower sits too low. Other than that, I really like it. It's convenient and easy to use. I am pleased with my purchase.

Updated 4-10-11 This is season 2 for the mower and it's still working great. I give it quite a workout because my weeds are high and the ground is filled with rocks. I will probably need to get the blades sharpened this year - and I still haven't figured out how to change the height on the mower so that it stays in place, but I am still very happy to have it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, faulty battery issues, September 6, 2011
I purchased this mower with high hopes but after only 4 uses the charger indicates a faulty battery. The company never has these batteries in stock and don't respond to emails. Finally reached someone by phone and was told they would send replacement battery when it was available???? Amazon was not able to help because it was after 30 days, a big disappointment since you don't cut your grass every week ( especially since there is a terrible drought here in Texas & we are on water restrictions). The mower was delivered March 15,2011 and was used the first time end of April because of broken arm and only used 3 other times. I will think twice about purchasing a big ticket item like this in the future. I can't really afford to buy a new lawn mower every few months. On the up side it is light weight, great for a senior citizen like myself and worked well the few times I was able to use it. If I had to do it again would probably go with a Black and Decker cordless bought locally so if there was a problem it would be much easier to handle. Make your decision wisely about one of these lawn mowers and where you purchase.UPDATE: Sept.9,2001 Amazon customer service rep. rectified this situation by issuing a refund. I'm very pleased with the way this rep. handled this because of the circumstances and will continue to put my trust in Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mower for it's size, November 30, 2010
I've been considering getting an electric cordless mower to replace my 13 year old, 22 in., Craftsman, gas mower. Replacement became a priority when my 11 year old took over the mowing duties last month and couldn't start the gas mower using the pull cord. Had some problems initially getting the battery fully charged and to hold the charge but after a few trial and errors my son was able to mow my relatively small front and back yards with a single charge plus I was able to go over the front a week later without a re-charge. My son can start this mower with nearly a push of the button and is able to remove the battery for charging. Easy for him to push the mower around the yard and seems more maneuverable around trees and corners than the 22 inch unit it replaced. I hadn't sharpended my previous mower blade but the 17 in. WORX ran through the lawn fairly easily and cleaned up a lot of the grass my previous mower was more or less missing. So far this is a good buy for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this mower!, May 23, 2011
I never had an electric mower before but when I moved, my yard was so small I decided to go for an electric one. Not only this thing did the job, it started up with absolutely no effort at all. After finishing my whole yard I still had 3/4 of the battery left. I really like this mower and it's eco friendly too. I love the fact that you can charge the battery in the mower or take it out and charge it if you have a spare battery. Worx make a great product and I am looking into the trimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied, July 5, 2011
I have used a battery powered mower for years. I was very satisfied with the last one. There has been significant improvement in the last years. The Worx is much more powerful and cuts even better. While waiting for it to arrive, my lawn grew very tall. The Worx cut it with no difficulty. It is a little louder than my last one but I can still mow early in the morning without bothering my neighbors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, July 17, 2011
When the motor on our electric mower burned out, I was not sad. I hated dragging the power cord back and forth while I mowed. I'd always wanted to go to a battery powered mower and here was my opportunity. I already own two other Worx products: a Trimmer/Edger and a Leaf Blower, so being totally satisfied with them, I naturally looked for a Worx mower. When the mower arrived, I was happy with it right out of the box. Easy assembly, ergonomic design, simple operation and (after fully charging the battery) enormous power! What a great idea I had buying this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery-Operated Mower, June 28, 2011
This mower is exactly what I was looking for. I went through 2 Houssmans with bad batteries before this one; I wish I had started with this one. The battery is removable and easy to charge indoors. The battery handles my front yard with ease and probably could handle 10 times the size of my 625 sf front yard. My back yard is accessed via steps and I might very well start carrying it to the back to use there as well since it is very light (especially without the battery). I highly recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Purchase ever, May 6, 2012
I purchased this lawn mower in July of 2010. Since then I have used it 12 - 15 times. I live in Seattle and do not mow during the hottest parts of the summer (we let the grass go brown) so I don't mow that many times per year.
After 5 uses the handlebar padding split and I had to wrap with duct tape. The chute to the clippings bag gets clogged up easily, so that I have to reach in with my hand an pull out the clogs. The adjustment lever for cutting height bends out of shape so that while cutting my lawn the whole deck just drops to the lowest setting and I then have to readjust (sometimes as much as 20 times while cutting my lawn once). The first time I mowed with it this year the left rear wheel fell off, when I tried to order parts they were out of stock indefinitely. This is when I found out how cheap the deck adjustment arm is (you have to take the wheel off to access), the metal is so soft there is no way it could ever hold its shape. Now the battery life is half what it used to be so I cannot cut my whole yard on one charge anymore. I am very disappointed. This is easily the worst item I have ever purchase at Amazon, and one of the worst items I have ever purchased. It is so badly constructed I can only laugh now, really.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little mower, November 4, 2011
Just as we wanted. Not too heavy. Cuts very well, even the tall stuff. The adjustable handle was a little confusing, at first, but if you look at the picture on the box it makes sense. Got it! Worx great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›