Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Pokemon - Diamond Version forum

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2007 1:06:57 PM PDT
I have never had a Pokemon game before. I hear so much good about Diamond and Pearl that I'm considering buying one. What is the difference between Diamond and Pearl?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2007 2:53:16 PM PDT
Michael, I asked that question, too and no one seems to know. I bought Diamond because I like blue better than purple. I also thought the Pokemon on the front of Diamond looked cooler, but who knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 12:12:41 PM PDT
R. Davis says:
The story is exactly the same. The only difference is some Pokemon can only be caught in a specific version. Also, with a few other Pokemon, where and how often they appear varies by the version. There's maybe a total of 15 Pokemon exclusive to each specific version including the one on the game box cover. So if you have the urge to catch them all, you'll need to trade with someone with the opposite version of what you have.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2007 3:26:11 PM PDT
Noodleheart says:
My friend didn't want diamond cuz he thought the guy on the front looked like a dog. I don't get it. He has a dog, so its not cuz of that. I got diamond though. And in every new pokemon game, they always come out with two, for the same reasons Davis said.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 9:47:14 AM PDT
Hazel Wolf says:
Ever since the Pokemon franchise released the Game Boy Color games, they have come out in pairs. This is primarily for two reasons: to encourage you to buy both, and to make the otherwise solitary gaming experience actually encourage the player to go out and find people with similar interests, who have the other version of the game.

During play and for all logistical reasons, there is no difference between the two games. Each have the same story line, the same characters, the same goals. However, though there is an interesting, well-woven story to follow, as with all games, the Pokemon plot can be completed after you beat the game. Here is where the genius that has allowed Pokemon to last so long comes into play.

While the story itself can be completed, there is another important goal to be reached: capturing and raising all of the different types of pokemon in the world. Once you have possessed a pokemon, your 'pokedex,' or 'pokemon index' records its information, so even if it evolves or is traded, your pokedex proves that you had it. Because of this, the trading feature is one of the most valuable and popular aspects of the games.

When you find another person with a Pokemon game, you can trade pokemon with them. Not only will the pokemon you recieve grow faster, but this is a simple way to 'catch' all of the pokemon. Especially because, between each Pokemon game set (in this case Diamond and Pearl), there will always be around ten pokemon which one game version can find and catch in the wild, but the other version cannot.

Essentially, the two versions encourage more to be bought, but they also help the generation of children who are fully capable of entertaining themselves via technology become more extrovertive and social.

~ Hazel

PS: Check out this community-
community -dot- livejournal -dot- com -slash- pokewifi

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 6:09:18 PM PDT
Noodleheart says:
Although, they ALWAYS come out with a third, usually for a reason adding to the story line. (Example: Ruby and Sapphire came out first. Emerald followed to 1. Get all pokemon in one version as well as both legendarys. and 2. because of the addition of the battle frontier.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 8:11:36 AM PST
L. Cords says:
nah pokemon franchise started with GBpocket with Blue Red and (japaneese) Green
but i think later they went to Color and added Yellow
lol off topic i just wanted to say

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 2:18:06 PM PDT
Pebbles says:
Nothing if their anything like the original pokemon games for game boy then there only in differnt colors but exactly the same game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 6:01:51 PM PDT
the Fat Man says:
The main difference is the legendary Pokemon which are Palkia and Dialga. That's the main difference; not that big of difference. You can trade for the other anyway through WiFi, the internet, etc. Also keep in mind that some common Pokemon can't be caught in some games like how Silver/Gold was.

Pokemon exclusive to Diamond are:
#086 Seel
#087 Dewgong
#123 Scyther
#198 Murkrow
#212 Scizor
#246 Larvitar
#247 Pupitar
#248 Tyranitar
#261 Poochyena
#262 Mightyena
#304 Aron
#305 Lairon
#306 Aggron
#352 Kecleon
#408 Cranidos
#409 Rampardos
#430 Honchkrow
#434 Stunky
#435 Skuntank
#483 Dialga

Pokemon exclusive to Pearl are:

#079 Slowpoke
#080 Slowbro
#127 Pinsir
#199 Slowking
#200 Misdreavus
#228 Houndour
#229 Houndoom
#234 Stantler
#363 Spheal
#364 Sealeo
#365 Walrein
#371 Bagon
#372 Shelgon
#373 Salamence
#410 Sheildon
#411 Bastiodon
#429 Mismagius
#431 Glameow
#432 Purugly
#484 Palkia
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pokemon - Diamond Version
Pokemon - Diamond Version by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars (574)