WHATS BETTER? ROCK BAND 2 OR GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2008 10:04:27 AM PDT
Daniel says:
im debating whether i should buy rock band 2 or guitar hero world tour? both seem similar, can anyone help me out

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2008 12:24:18 AM PDT
Sam Baker says:
I prefer the guitar, gameplay, art style, community, song selection better on Rock Band, but I am jealous of GHWTs drum kit. Much better I think, but all tolled you gotta go with RB2.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2008 3:52:53 AM PDT
M. Pokorny says:
Rock Band 2. more songs, better songs, and just a better game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2008 10:37:17 PM PDT
well, GH world tour song list is 100 times better than rock band

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2008 1:50:37 AM PDT
Woodstok23 says:
Chose either one, they are both cross compatible so its just a matter of which instruments you prefer. Grab the RB2 bundle and all you need to do is buy the GHWT (game only) or vice versa, problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2008 1:03:06 PM PDT
I've bought both, and I like RB2 better! Here's why:

GH promised, as far back as GH2: "We will provide downloadable songs EVERY week!" Well, when the games (GH2, GH3, GH Aerosmith, etc.) initially came out, they delivered! As time went by, they were lucky to provide downloadable songs once a month!

Rock Band 2 not only provides at least 3-6 downloadable songs every week, but sometimes they will provide a full album also --- Judas Priest, the Cars, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and AC/DC is coming out in about a week! Also, if you register the game, you will be provided with 20 MORE songs when they come out (before Christmas?).....and they're FREE, just for registering!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2008 3:11:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2008 3:07:25 PM PST
I have had the RB2 drums for about a week now, and I've ALREADY had to ship the drums back! The rubber over the pads "bubbled up" on 3 of the pads so the game's sensors won't sensor the hits onto the pads! This problem happened with my Rock Band 1 drum kit....but AFTER 6 months of me beating the crap out of them! All of the instruments (if bought as an entire package) have a 60-day warranty. When I went to ship the drum pads back, the lady at UPS said, "Boy, if they have a 2-month warranty, that can't be a good sign!" I tell you, guys, this inconveniencing second set of drums HAD BETTER last longer than a week!

Edit on Christmas Eve:
The replacement drums have worked perfectly! I'll be adding the cymbals to my drum set over the holidays, so we'll see how they do!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2008 10:15:04 PM PST
Mark Hamster says:
I think it's worth noting that Harmonix (Rock Band) recently announced they are developing an entire game around Beatles music, in collaboration with McCartney, Starr and Yoko Ono, to be released late 2009. Now they didn't say specifically that it will be a "Rock Band" branded game, but I think it's safe to assume it'll be compatible with the hardware. This is what swayed my vote away from Guitar Hero.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 5:56:54 AM PST
Just to make sure, you can use rock band drums, guitars, and mics with guitar hero games and vice versa, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2008 10:08:52 PM PST
A. Faux says:
There is cross compatibility for all peripherals for Xbox so it doesn't matter which one you get because the other game will work. For PS3 on the other hand, the GHWT drum set won't work with Rock Band 2 but the guitars are fine. Sadly, everything is completely exclusive for the Wii.
In case anyone was wondering, all this info can be found at http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 8:47:59 AM PST
Rock Band 2 is much better. Better quality instruments, and over 300 songs available for download. Guitar Hero does not even come close to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2008 10:17:33 PM PST
Izz-Rei says:
I own GH:WT But general consensis is that RB2 is better. I won't argue that but I will say I don't regret my discision one bit.

Not many mentions of this but I like the GH:WT Guitar because of the slider bar. It allows for a more expresive and alternate way of playing. Watch people play guitar on rock band, they all play quite similiar when compared to the a GH:WT guitroller. So unless you're into THAT or drums I'd suggest RB2 =/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2008 8:34:32 AM PST
D. Cox says:
There are over 500 songs now available to download and www.rockband.com or through Xbox Live or the Playstation Store... they even have a few country songs now!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 7:45:35 AM PST
C. Helm says:
The GHWT guitroller is cool, but rock band music is way better for the average person.
Unless you are a guitar freak and want to play a bunch of crappy songs with insane guitar parts that you have never heard of, get rock band.
If you are a guitar freak and want to play a bunch of insane songs that suck and you have never heard of, then get GHWT.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 Special Edition
Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 Special Edition by MTV Games (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (105)