Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2007 2:22:22 AM PDT
hi everyone who is intrested. I want to buy the extended versions of the LOTR trilogy, but do not know which one to choose?
Should i buy the 2004 platinum release of the trilogy, or the recent 2 disk release of the trilogy which present both the theatrical and extended versions.
thanks alot
chris

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 5:18:55 PM PDT
File Gumbo says:
Definitely spend $64 here for all three platinum editions boxed together (about the same as buying the two disc release you are looking at). You don't need the theatrical versions anymore once you have the extended editions. The extra scenes are in no way throwaway stuff. They expand and enhance the movies incredibly, but they would have been far too long for theatrical release. The big reason to get the platinum set are the extras found on the discs. There has never been (nor is there likely to be soon) a film better documented from start to finish than this. I have still not been through all of the extra material, but all of it that I have watched is fascinating. Multiple commentaries from everyone under the sun, documentaries on everything from effects, costumes, making of weapons. The platinum set is the one to get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2007 1:20:38 PM PDT
B. Gorman says:
deffinatley the extended editions only. the theatrical versions have less to them and most of the special features are just promotion TV specials (but they do have trailers and TV spots, but you can stream them online) and the one with both versions only covers the filming and nothing else. the exended editions cover everything and all the features are exclusive to this set and include thousands of concept drawings. the best dvds i have ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 9:34:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 9:36:06 AM PDT
Hydra9268 says:
If you're a fan of Tolkien and a fan of the films then you would do yourself a huge injustice if you did not get all three. If the regular DVDs simply hurry through the story, albeit being well crafted, then these DVDs really take their time and explore the world and characters from each book. The new and extended scenes will let you wrap yourself up in Tolkien's world for an amazing 12 hours.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings (DVD)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (2,510)