Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

White Touchscreen Digitizer and LCD Assembly for Apple iPhone 4 Verizon Model
Size: For iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon/Sprint)Color: white witout box.Change
Price:$12.32+Free shipping

on August 15, 2013
If you don't care about your $30 and you occasionally like to gamble I'd recommend this product to you.
I am an experienced phone tech so putting the part on properly was not an issue for me. Based on other reviews though, it appears that some of the product they ship out will work properly, while many are clearly defective.

The screen I received is VERY distorted, the screen goes black, and also the touch input is way off. This has basically rendered my iPhone useless since I replaced a shattered front glass. As an alternative you could find other small repair shops to do it for you (roughly $80) and if the part doesn't work its their problem. In this case I'm going to fight and complain to get my money back but who knows what's going to happen

Big waste of time (and money) and EXTREMELY frustrating.

*UPDATE* I requested a refund or exchange and their process basically goes like this:
-Pay to ship it back to them (another 2 weeks?)
-They examine the part and decide one of the following:
1-Your part was defective, we will either:
A-Give you a refund, OR
B-Send you another "gamble" part
2-Your part works fine for us we will ship it back to you!

I chose:
-"Goodbye forever"
*Lose $30, do not collect a refund, and write a review online.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 24, 2012
As with others, I purchased this to replace my shattered screen. I felt that because there were more good than bad reviews, I was safe in choosing this replacement, especially since it came with the tools necessary. I was very wrong.

Shipping took longer than expected but I realize now they are located in china, which sucks. I had no trouble with the labor of replacing the screen as there are many instructional videos online that are easy to follow (and I am very well versed in fixing electronics).
Upon putting everything back together and turning it on, it looked HORRIBLE. The entire thing was washed out in blue. It looked like some kind of over saturation problem. There was a white line down the side. There were circles embedded into the top part of the screen. It was NOT retina at all; there was a lot of pixelation. And to top it off, it's too thick, so every time I press the home button, you can feel the sharp edge of the circle.
Also, the tools didn't come with a flat head and the plastic pry tool was of terrible quality.
I submitted to return this so I am waiting to see the cost of shipping and if it isn't worth it, I will be furious. I would not recommend that anyone take the risk and buy this item. If there's one online with better reviews for a few dollars more, get that one. Trust me.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 3, 2012
I broke my screen a few days ago and spent a few hours searching for which screen I should by for my iPhone 4s, I wanted a screen fast because the cracked screen was hurting my fingers so I took the plunge on this one and the risk turned out good for me. I usually don't by products that have three stars, but this turned out well. The shipping was fast. I order it on Wednesday and it came by Friday. I do want to note that this repair is not for those who are inexperienced at fixing electronics. If this is your first attempt at fixing an iPhone don't do it. I have fixed many touch screen phones ( I use to work at a cell phone repair shop) and this is by far the toughest phone I have ever fixed. I was extremely careful, and it took me a little over two hours. Make sure you find a good repair video on Youtube, watch it a few times before you do it, then follow it as you do the repair. As for the screen, I was pretty impressed with it. I can't say it is as good as a stock Apple screen but I didn't expect it to be. I took pictures comparing it an iPhone 4s with it's original screen to give a comparison. The thing I was most worried about was the screen not being a retina display but when the phone is on it looks just as good as an original iPhone 4s. This is a good quality screen, a good price, and ships fast. I am very happy with the screen and would definitely recommend it.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 16, 2012
My GF dropped her phone and she didn't want to spend $150+ for the deductible on a replacement so I offered to find a screen and repair it myself. I was a little hesitant in ordering a replacement screen on amazon after reading the less than stellar reviews by most people, but now glad that we did. We received the screen and screwdrivers/tools in a few days because the seller was shipping from an amazon warehouse. It was packed well and we also received the tools included in the pictures (I wasn't actually sure if these would come or not). The tools are cheap, the pentalobe screwdriver works, but the small phillips was too large for the screws (you will also need a small flathead, that was not included, to finish the repair). I would suggest a better set of tools to order with this kit, I already owned a good set from previous laptop repairs.

The repair process is not for beginners! You essentially have to take apart the whole iPhone to replace the screen and the parts are very delicate and small. I imagine most of the poor reviews are from people who are inexperienced in repairing electronics. If you are not careful you can easily tear a ribbon cable and cause more damage to your phone.

The repair took me about 2 hours and when complete I could not tell the difference between my iPhone (with original apple screen) and this replacement. Time will tell if the screen holds up in quality.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 9, 2012
I have been replacing screens for iPhones as a side business since the 1st gen iPhone back in 2007. This has been the most OEM like screen I have ever installed, especially for the iPhone 4. The glass is silky smooth and feels like it has the oleophobic coating just like the OEM's (it doesn't, but feels like it, and oil wipes off a little easier than one that doesn't). The display is bright, the proximity sensor works better than the original (it actually works). Overall I'm very glad that I got this screen for myself when my screen shattered after a rough fall while snowboarding. I'll absolutely recommend that any customers I have that want to replace their screens go with this one, even if they had a black iPhone.

Note that this screen is only for the AT&T iPhone 4, as mentioned by the reviewer below.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 1, 2013
I wrote this as soon as I finished using the kit because I wanted to clear up some of the issues that people brought up with the screen.

First, the "cords" (they are actually electrical ribbons) are not too short. I ran into this problem as well while installing the new LCD, but the ribbon just has a tendency to get folded behind the frame. Unscrew the frame and other components and make sure you feed the ribbon through thoroughly and make sure it doesn't fold.

Next, the screen fits perfectly with the 4s. If you have issues with this its likely because you're trying to use it for a 4.

Lastly, I haven't noticed any discoloration or dead pixels so far, so that wasn't an issue for me.

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I almost didn't buy this item because of its three-star rating, and I wanted to make sure that others realize that this is the cheapest working option. It's a third of the price of the iCracked kit and much less expensive than getting a phone replacement via Apple.

If you do buy this kit, these youtube videos will guide you through the process using the same tools that are included:
[...]
[...]
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 14, 2013
This replacement screen has a new LCD, the glass, and the digitizer, which is what you need for an iPhone 4S replacement. The actual screen hardware is great, maybe perfect. It looks fantastic, and I have no problems so far. I'll update if something goes wrong. I do want to caution, though, about the difficulty and intricacies of the install process. I am VERY happy with how mine turned out, but this seems like the kind of project that people may undertake not knowing what they are getting into and then being unhappy with the product even though the product is perfect. I don't want to dissuade anyone from buying this screen. If you are up for replacing your screen, this is what you should buy.

As for the install, note that this is a pretty involved process. I've been taking apart and rebuilding computers for over ten years, and this took me around two hours. I'm sure I could do it again in significantly less time (maybe one hour), but be sure you're up to the task of replacing the screen before you attempt this. The entire process requires a near complete disassembly of your phone, disconnecting many components such as the camera, speakers, and antenna, and around 20 very small screws. The included tools are everything you need except for a small flathead screwdriver. I'd recommend buying a separate set of precision tools from Stanley or Startech before taking on this project just to be safe.

Look for videos on YouTube before you attempt replacing your screen to make sure you are up to it. Two other notes of caution: (1) the mesh screen on the earpiece is not a part of the front LCD/digitizer screen; so you'll have to remove this from your old LCD/digitizer and attach it to the new one (I used two small dabs of glue). (2) the home button is also not a part of the LCD/digitizer screen, so you'll have to remove this and the rubber seal from your old screen and attach it to the new one. My home button is completely functional on my fixed iPhone with the new LCD/digitizer, but it seems slightly more recessed (by a millimeter or less).

This is a great option for replacing a cracked front screen for your iPhone 4S, but replacing it is very involved and not for someone unwilling to disassmble their phone and spend a couple of hours. Please watch a video of the process on YouTube first to be sure that you're up for it. I have absolutely no complaints about this product, but wanted to caution people before buying. This seems like the type of product that could be perfect, but people would still complain because installation is difficult. This is a great product, but be aware that because of the difficulty of installation, your phone may not be 100% like it was from the factory. I am very happy with the outcome of mine, but acknowledge it is not exactly as it was before I dropped it (but, of course, it is much better than it was with the cracked screen). This is not because there is anything wrong with the product, but because of the intricacies of the iPhone and the installation process.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 29, 2012
First of all, this kit DOES include everything you will need to replace a cracked iPhone screen BUT there are a few important things I would like to point out. I am not an overly picky person however I am particular and I believe these are important things to take into consideration:

1) It is not a genuine Apple screen, is it Fosmon, which I have never heard of. Cosmetically it is identical and has a similar resolution, BUT the picture appears foggy. Almost like the brightness is too low, but turning up the brightness doesn't help, it makes the problem worse. I think the white balance is off or something. This is bothersome to me, especially when I compare it to another iPhone screen, its a pretty dramatic difference. I noticed another reviewer mentioned the same thing. Also, if you push on the screen (especially around the edges) a rainbows of colors appears. Wasn't expecting that.

2) After I replaced my screen, the sensor that turns your screen off while talking on the phone doesn't work. Not sure if I did something wrong during the replacement OR if the replacement just doesn't have that function. It's a real pain in the a$$ when my cheek hits mute during the conversation, or switches on the speaker.

3) There is no mesh screen to cover the speaker where you put your ear. You can see into the phone/speaker. It looks cheap/unfinished.

4) Instructions are NOT included. Not a big deal because there are many videos that walk you though the process on YouTube. However, KEEP TRACK OF THE SCREWS! You will encounter an array of microscopic screws while replacing your screen, you must know which ones came from where.

5) Get a magnetic screwdriver, for the love of God! The screwdriver included is not magnetic and makes the process 10x more difficult.

Bottom line: The price of this product made it a good value and is MUCH better than having a broken screen. But if my screen broke again, I would spend more money on a higher quality replacement or go to a computer store and pay the $100, Apple charges $199.

Good luck!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2013
I purchased this product after my daughter dropped her iPhone 4. This product works exactly as promised, and I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase.

The replacement screen arrives with all the tools you'll need except a pair of tweezers, which you'll need when reinstalling the very tiny screws during reassembly.

It took me almost four hours from start to finish, but I took my time and read the instructions very carefully. You cannot get in a hurry, but the instructions provided (via web links included in the product documentation) walk you step-by-step through the installation process. If you take your time and do it right, you will be rewarded with a like-new phone.

My daughter's phone is the CDMA version - be sure you are buying the right screen for your phone. Do you have CDMA or GSM? If you don't know, find out before ordering. I should add, there are a couple of steps in the instructions that apply to the GSM version. You can ignore these, but know that some of the pictures on the instruction web site may not look exactly like the inside of your phone. This wasn't a problem except that a couple of screws won't be in the exact same place as in the photos.

One last thing: when you perform the repair, keep your work area very organized, and free of any other clutter. I used Scotch tape to secure the tiny screws to a piece of paper, and I wrote the instruction's "step #" next to each screw so I'd know where to reinstall that item during reassembly.

Again, this product works great. You just have to take your time during the repair so that you get it right.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 8, 2014
I am a technology consultant and I replace many iPhone screens for my clients. Typically the screens are of slightly lower quality than Apple original, but acceptable for the price. Before ordering, I always check the reviews and usually they are 3-star or below, but I haven't had a problem until this one. If you are considering a replacement iPhone 4S screen, I would recommend trying something else. The viewing angle of this screen is extremely narrow and I would be surprised if anybody would be satisfied.

Additionally, make sure you watch a YouTube video or head over to iFixit and research the repair before ordering. Replacements in the iPhone 4S are more difficult and time consuming than other iPhones. You first remove everything from the phone, starting with the back, battery, logic board, speaker, camera, etc. Once everything is removed, you can access the screws to loosen the screen, and then put everything back in. I strongly recommend a tweezers to help position screws and remove the tape in certain positions. Very few kits include a tweezers, so you might want to have that around before starting. Also, there are many screws that look the same, but are not the same. Make sure you label all of the screws for each step and do not get them mixed up. For this, I usually use a 4x6 mailing label. Tape the label to a flat surface and then stick the screw heads to the label for each step. Use a ballpoint pen to mark the position of these screws on the label as you remove them.

Pros:
All of the installation tabs align correctly on the iPhone 16GB and larger iPhone 4S. This screen would work on any iPhone 4S, EXCEPT the 8GB. The screen is a Retina display (I've never seen a replacement that wasn't').

Cons:
The screen viewing angle is so narrow that the spacing between your eyes causes drastically different colors and contrast. At first just looking at the screen made me dizzy and I couldn't tell what was going on. It was almost as if the screen was 3D or a hologram. Since your two eyes perceive the colors differently, it almost looks like some things on the screen are floating above the screen. As much as this sounds kinda cool, I assure you it is a very bad thing. The toolkit this screen comes with is inferior. The phillips driver that came with the kit was so poor that the shape of the head was incorrectly angled. I tried this on one screw and quickly realized it would strip the screws if I used it. I used the tools from other screen replacement kits for this repair.

I've setup this for a return, which is always very easy if your order is fulfilled by Amazon. Another screen will arrive tomorrow. I'm mainly disappointed because this repair is lengthy on the iPhone 4S and it is bad to mess with the internals of the phone more than is necessary.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...