Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2011 10:32:43 AM PST
The final reviews for MvsC3 are so polarized that I don't know what to believe

Were we expecting something HUGE and got just decent instead?

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 12:02:56 PM PST
the majority of negative reviews I have seen are based around the fact there arnt as many characters as there were in MvC2. the only genuine gripes I have seen are the lacking features, like spectator mode and lack of unlocks to earn like costumes. the majority of reviewers agree the core game is awesome.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149093p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/marvelvscapcom3/review.html?tag=topslot;title;1

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 1:05:47 PM PST
B. Kelly says:
MvC3 is a fantastic fighting game. No doubt about that. People who complain about less characters didn't understand they basically did a copy/paste to bring characters into MvC2. In MvC3 each character was lovingly crafted from the ground up. People who complain about lack of spectator mode should quit complaining and work on their game so they have something to show off in spectator mode! There are a few characters to unlock, but its very easy to do, so no problem there.

Basically none of the complaints about the game are a good reason NOT to get it.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 1:41:06 PM PST
well you cant really blame people for missing spectator mode. its what makes you actually feel like your in an arcade, and I mean come on MvC2 has it and its a friggin dreamcast port ;o)
but yeah I'm gonna be patient and await its eventual arrival.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 12:42:13 AM PST
A. DODGE says:
lets hope Super MVC 3 includes Blade or at least Nightcrawler! Also a lot more Darkstalkers and Street Fighters...also would like to see Mega Man X

please Capcom...help me out

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 9:06:24 AM PST
B. Kelly says:
I read they didn't include spectator mode due to the fact that the increased amount of data required to just run the game made it impractical or impossible to stream all that data to all spectators. I'm pretty sure they know people want this and are investigating a way to include a spectator mode. I'd take one even if it meant the fight is only up on part of my screen (like watching a stream video in a smaller window with some graphics around it) or they could always lower resolution until they figured a more efficient way to stream more data. No wonder "Participate in an 8 player lobby" is a trophy. Who'd sit through a half dozen matches or so while staring at nothingness?

No spectator mode is definitely one of the top drawbacks, I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2011 1:45:59 PM PDT
mikecart1 says:
I downloaded MVC2 recently for PS3 (had it for dreamcast since 2000-01). Where is this spectator mode at? I'd like to be able to watch some games online just for fun heh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about