Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on December 2, 2012
This is my favorite cap. Believe it or not, I've bought five of these because I keep losing them.

First, they're wool. They keep your head warm.

Second, they're wool, which means they shrink. So, if it starts feeling too loose, run them through the washer.

Third, they're tough. I wear them at rugby practice. They keep my head warm and they're snug enough so they don't fall off easily, even after a couple of tackles. And they haven't fallen apart on me, either.

Fourth, they're better than anything out there. I compared the following caps, and I keep coming back to the Wigwam Mills.

Rothco GI Watch Cap (smells like chemicals, too loose):

Columbia Watch Cap II (not snug, not easily adjustable)

Smartwool Cuffed Beanie (not bad, but not as good as the Wigwam)
33 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
This hat was just what I needed to solve the two problems I had at the time:

1 - my head was oft cold.
2 - I didn't look "burglary" enough.

Now I have a cozy warm head AND I look like I'm gearing up to rob a bank! Thanks Wigwam Mills!

As a side note - be careful washing this thing, as it'll shrink a sizeable amount.
66 comments| 308 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
I'm satisfied with the quality and feel of this cap. I hate the way it fits tho. From the image I thought it was a more form fitting cap like a burglar or Rocky Balboa would wear. It's very long and sticks up above my head a lot. I have to fold it completely in half for it to conform to my head without sticking up. I really don't care for it at all. Unfortunately I ordered 2 of them. Since they look nothing like the image I'm hoping I can send them back without paying shipping. I really don't get why they are so long. If any one knows please inform me. Thanks
review image
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
I received this hat today and I wore it this evening while walking my dog. It was -31C outside with almost no wind and this hat was WARM. I was outside for 45 minutes and I'm talking no need for a hood warm! As other reviewers have noted, it initially fits snug but quickly molded to my head.

I have 3 points to make about this hat:

1. This hat is made from thick wool and it is heavy. I am very happy with the quality.
2. It is extremely warm
3. It is made in the USA!
on August 22, 2012
I have a large head, not abnormally large, but it's of a decent size. This watch cap barely fights on my head, and is borderline causing headaches with how snug it is. I tried to stretch it out over a basketball for almost a week, and it barely stretched at all. I guess this shows it is of high quality, and it certainly feels like it. It's just so darn snug, and a little thin. It seems very warm, and the true test will be during this winter. I'll try it again, but I'm thinking I may have to give this one to a friend.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2012
This is a great hat to block out the wind and the cold. It is long enough to have it double up completely over the ears. It is tight on my large head but not uncomfortably so. I can't stand hats that have bumps on top where the seams are poorly done but this hat is well made and completely round.
on November 25, 2014
Unlike the fine threads of Merino Wool, this is a man's wool; Rough and Rugged. Just donning it will eliminate any moobs you may have grown from your soy lattes and replace your normal-sized jewels with a set fit to be mounted on the tiara of the Sphinx. It's like wearing a 3 Wolf Moon shirt made from burlap and barbed-wire on your head. Fortunately, I had no hair to disperse the magical effects that embrace this head wear, which is why I think it had such a huge effect. Like a murderous Frosty the Snowman, I cuffed the brim and snugged the Worsted Wool tight to my dome. The instant I put that new wool hat on top my head I felt as if I could split wood without the use of power tools. I immediately grabbed an axe, which I keep conveniently next to the front door, and headed outside. Lacking any trees in my trailer park, I swung the business end of my axe towards the entry steps to my rented double wide. In real man fashion, each swing of the axe sliced cleanly through rotted timbers that were once there waiting to give way to the next unsuspecting victim. In mere moments I had not only banished those evil steps to the realm of ghosts and wind, but I had also annihilated my neighbor's Ford Fiesta. I then uncuffed the brim of my Wigwam Mills hat. It comes with such extensive size, I could now fashion it into a cone-shaped wizards hat that extends 2 full feet from the top of my head. With sparks of glory, I donned that magical hat on top of my head. I immediately gained mystical wizard powers. I was able to hover 20 feet from the ground and glow with the halo of a thousand suns behind me. Looking down on the peasants of my trailer park as they stared up on awe and envy, I declared myself the new ruler of Rusted Acorns Trailer Park and RV Storage. Darren, the previous ruler, was outraged, but ultimately willing to abdicate the throne.
1212 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2011
Saw this on Amazon - and it brought back memories of a hat I had long ago. It took a while to get, but it is just as advertised - comfortable and warm - and it is back to basics for me.
on August 19, 2015
The picture is definitely deceiving in my book. I ordered this cap thinking that it would be a bit more form fitting to my head but that wasn't the case. The top of the cap stretches much longer than I would have imagined and makes it look like you're wearing an elf hat.

I returned this product after receiving it and trying it on.
on August 20, 2014
I would have given this hat 5 stars if it weren't as itchy as it is. It is not super itchy, mind you, and it may only be me. Its pretty stylish, in a rustic sort of way. But honestly, you're probably buying this hat for functionality, and that's where it shines. The hat will keep you warm. Very, very warm in fact. It works great and is the perfect price. What more could you want? Add this one to your collection and you wont be disappointed.