Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paint Zoom Paint Sprayer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2011
You are drawn to Amazon reviews because you were googling about the product after you saw the TV infomercial on PaintZoom, right? If that's the case give yourself a pat on the back! You are doing great research and you may just have saved yourself $120 and other troubles of testing and returning PaintZoom.
However you find this review, let me just start by saying that if this were such a great product as shown on TV paint professionals would be using it on their jobs everywhere. The reason they are not is that PaintZoom, like many other cheap paint sprayers, is not an airless paint sprayer. In general, paint sprayers come in two kinds; one uses a liquid pump to force the paint onto the surface and the other uses air to push the paint out with an air jet. The expensive and professional kind is the airless one. So what are the big downsides with the HVLP (air) paint sprayer like PaintZoom? First of all, because the sprayer is basically just an airpump with a paint bottle attached to it, it requires that the paint must be thin enough to be lifted by air jet and sprayed out evenly. This is a big deal! The viscosity requirement makes it time consuming to dilute the paint with water and constantly checking its viscosity with supplied viscosity cup. Because if the paint is too thick it won't spray evenly if its too thin it will be runny and wavy under the air jet. I have to tell you that ALL paints and primers have to be diluted tremendously to meet the viscosity requirement. That means that you will have to spray twice or three times to get the same thinkness of coating you would normally do with undiluted paint. Other downsides of such air based paint sprayer include dusty surroundings especially for indoor projects and massy cleanups.
Anyway, you get the picture--its not an effortless, quick solution to your weekend paint project like the TV infomercial would lead you to believe. Paintsprayer for easier weekend projects is a great idea. But I would suggest spending extra $80 to get a $200 airless sprayer.
7373 comments|2,454 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
Had a small room to paint and was excited to use my new Paint Zoom. It was easy to assemble and started using it right away.
By using, I mean attempting to get the thing to work. It just spit the paint onto the wall. I tried adjusting the nozel and the distance to the wall. It would just not evenly cover any area. I may have covered a square foot in 30 minutes. The machine also got real hot resting on my hip.
It truly is a piece of garbage. I would not recommend even trying it.
22 comments|686 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
Very diappointing gadget. Uneven coveridge on flat sufaces.Seal between hose and
paint container broke by first use. Very disappointed I gave this Item as Gift.
Also somewhat embarrassing. Dont, know what to do with it now.
33 comments|441 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2012
I contemplated purchasing the Paint Zoom for some time. I'm a brush and roller type of guy. I use a Craftsman Power Painter. I read numerous Paint Zoom reviews and decided to go ahead and try it. Let me tell you right off, don't waste your money or time. It doesn't work period. I believe the company writes most of the reviews. I opened up the package today 3/24/2012 and watched the DVD provided, read through the instructions all which was easy enough. I was painting a bedroom so I taped off the windows and all. That was a pain in itself but nonetheless I was wanting it to perform as advertised. I was using a good quality latex and the instructions said the viscosity should be such that the cup would empty in 50 secs. In 2 Quarts I had to use 4 1/2 viscosity cups of water to thin the paint to empty in 48.7 secs. I tried the Paint Zoom and it spattered, not even at all. I adjusted the flow needle in and out a little at a time. It still gave a really crappy finish. Either the one I have is defective which I strongly doubt or it flat doesn't work as the advertisement show. Plus it's pretty noisy. Made in China, it's really a piece of CRAP! I'm not wasting any more time. Brush and roller. Hell, the time I've wasted, I could have been done by now. I spent over an hour just getting the viscosity right.
11 comment|466 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2012
I had the Sprayer and it worked Fairly well the first 2 times I used it.Then the 3rd time I used it the paint container would turn off to empty the paint and in the prosses the neck of the sprayer cracked.Called Paint Zoom Customer Service and they refused to honor the 1 year warrenty to replace the sprayer head.I even asked to purchase a new one and they refused to sell me one because I purchased this from amazon.com and not there web site.BUT they asked me if I wanted to buy a whole new unit.I said yea right!Not after this kind of customer service.They told me it would have to be returned to amazon for refund.
11 comment|244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2014
I paid $200 and bought the PaintZoom directly from PaintZoom last year because I was painting my kitchen cabinets and a few other cabinets in my house.
The first time I used the sprayer it worked perfect. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get on with my other projects. I started my second project which was my kitchen cabinets that's where the sprayer went south. After having the sprayer on for 20 minutes it would over heat and shut itself off. Not to mention the pump gets soo hot to touch it will burn you. It took this thing over two hours to cool down and finally work again. So what would have been a quick 45 minute project took ALLLLL day! No exaggeration. Did I mention I got the upgrade to the "industrial strength"? Once it decides to turn on again its a 50/50 shot if the sprayer will actually spray properly or just spit paint. Most of the time I had to go over all the spray jobs with a brush to fix the paint. This is so incredibly frustrating when you have limited time to paint. The more I used it the less it would work. There were times I'd have this thing on and it would just spit paint for 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it will work properly for 30 seconds and then back to spitting. I followed all cleaning instructions after every use. I diluted the paint as instructed and even precisely timed the paint in the funnel to make sure it was the correct thickness.
I literally had this sprayer for 3 weeks and by the end of the 3rd week it was on its last leg. I called their customer service and spoke to someone in India. I explained that the sprayer was not properly working and since I was within my return period if I could EXCHANGE my sprayer. nope! No exchanges allowed. Ok so then I asked for a refund. Nope. Eventho I was within the return date they refused to give me a refund but said they could only refund me the shipping and handling. We spoke to numerous "managers" all of whom had a think Indian accent that you cannot understand. They were all so very rude and appalled that I would even think about returning something.
Needless to say, the sprayer went in the trash and I disputed charges from bank. They are a horrible company to deal with!
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
I bought this New Paint Sprayer "Paint Z00m PZ-001". It works but it over heats after 10-15min.. All parts are made of plastic. I did less than half of my room with this sprayer... i gave up after 2 hours.. waiting for it cool down.. It would have take less time if I would have painted with a roller.
0Comment|310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
the black plastic long tube from the machine to the gun kept falling off after the second paint round for my room, also takes forever to paint and you must wear body and eyes protection, after a while my hands could not keep hanging the gun anymore and the blue machine got hot after a while and burn your body, you can not have that hanging to your body, they need a better design for the tube and the blue machine...
11 comment|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2013
How could anyone give it even one star...too bad there is no minus five star
Its trash...
Hot on your hip, noisy, time consuming, waste of time
I lost money on shipping it back as well...
Spray can does a better, faster, cleaner job...
Thankx amazon for letting us post the truth... As all other sites is lie and censored ...
on December 10, 2011
This product is HORRIBLE!!! I usually do not write reviews or send items back, but this is very upsetting. The Paint Zoom sprays very unevenly, I have blotches all over my wall that I have to go back over with a roller brush. The machine is very loud, it gets very hot (my hip was on fire), and then the hose popped out from both ends after 10 minutes of use. When I tried to reattach the hose to the paint gun and the base of the machine it popped out again. I even tried to tape it to the machine, but after being on for less than 2 minutes the tape gave way to the heat and the tube popped off again. I spent like 2 hours playing with this thing to keep the hose on. I gave up and went back to using the roller brush. Please save your money,do not buy!!!!
11 comment|285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse